Notary Nation Inc via Snap Docs NOT GOOD BUSINESS ETHICS

I have taken 2 jobs via Snap Docs for a company called “Notary Nation Inc.” First off their payment terms are ridiculous, most all their jobs don’t pay out for 90 days, which to me is crazy! But I took the jobs knowing that (so bad on me). One of the jobs had a term of 45 days. Long story short, I completed these jobs (without errors) back in the first week of September, which means I should have been paid out in October and December. A month ago, I began to try and inquire as to the payment (they set the terms) I received no response for a week, so I tried again, not only through email but also in a comment via Snap Docs, still no response. Then I called the company and spoke to “Crystal” in their accounting department. She said I would get a response within 24-48 hours. Right at the 48 hour mark I got a message via Snap Docs advising me that the payment would be processed over the weekend. Well the weekend came and went, late Tuesday I called again and left a message and said I couldn’t understand the issue as the money that is owed is not a large amount for either and I expect payment immediately. I also stated that I did not want to have to get my lawyers involved over the terms they put in place and are not adhering to. I got a call just a few minutes ago by “Crystal” who told me that if she told me I would get paid then I would get paid, and there is no need to threaten with lawyers. WOW!
I am supposed to trust and believe her why? So far nothing has given me any confidence for that to be true. She told me that they have over 500 payments that need to be processed and I should be paid today. Why is it my problem that they have so many payments to make? I am so tired of companies stringing you along with payments like being paid for a job at their leisure is okay.

1 Like

You lost me at 90 days for payment. I don’t even accept jobs with over a 30 day payment schedule. That’s your first red flag that the company was going to suck. Wow. Find the title company this signing service worked with and send them emails detailing what you said here. CC the signing company or “Crystal.” The fact that they ignored you for so long and then when you did get a person to speak, they were as pleasant as chewing on glass is common. Happened to me, too. These people are usually toxic as hell. Hiring a lawyer over a couple snapdoc jobs doesn’t seem like a net financial gain for you. Just my 2 cents. :innocent:

1 Like

Just CC the title company regarding payment. That should take care of the ignoring part.

1 Like

Lesson learned for sure, I figured for a small amount I could wait the 90 days for payment (it wasn’t going to be the death of me) with that said… It has become more of a headache than anything so no more of that nonsense for sure. I appreciate your 2 cents, but I have a lawyer on retainer so not a big deal, when I got into this business I made sure to cover all my bases.

1 Like

Thank you for the advise. I will definitely use that tactic going forward.

Newbie to this forum

My experience with Notary Nation is similar but I NEVER have received a call back. They owe me for 3 jobs (I am a slow learner)
Never again for me.