Only work for Title compa Mortgage or law firms

Hello Ms. Carmen Lane. Very pleased to virtually meet you on this forum… I was reading your thread and comments, in their entirety. You have made some great comments, and your advise is full of wisdom. I’m in Arizona / metro-Phoenix area. Like you, travel distances between signings can be vast… My business is struggling landing direct work from TiCos; many are citing Cov-19 and ‘not taking on any new notary vendors…’ Yet, the past year, has been exceptionally busy, no doubt… I’d dearly like to get off the rat-wheel of SS companies for the in-numerous reasons mentioned on this forum, and work direct with TiCos. ** Respecting your schedule, may I arrange a time with you to chat for 30 minutes by phone, to get your guidance? I feel I’ve reached a point of being stuck… My sincere / advance thanks for your time: arif@notaryheads.com **

Hello, Arif. Welcome to Notary Cafe! I understand you became a notary last January and that you joined Notary Cafe a couple hours ago. Great stuff here. Many helpful topics for new notary signing agents.

What is your question?

1 Like

Hello Carmen,
What advise / guidance can you provide in eliciting / attracting local and national TiCos to do business with me, directly?

I am happy to share with you my one-page “pitch” / introduction (offline, via personal email), if that helps, that I use solicit TiCos.

However, given the past year of Cov-19 and several of their office protocols, many, don’t appear to be taking on any new notaries (I’ve tried at least a dozen local offices, personally, going in, and asking to speak with an EO or EA or TOM, Title Office Manager). And so far, all have given me more or less the same response, ‘Sorry we not taking on any new notaries or vendor-partners at this time.’)… This then has kept me back again with the SCs; thus limiting my business growth and taking on signings that pay meager, whilst having me put in a lot of miles, time, and effort.

Any guidance / words of wisdom?

Thanks!

New NSAs may want to sign up for several signing services to gain more experience and increase odds of getting more assignments and even direct assignments from title companies and lenders. Once a lender or title company has worked with you through the signing service, they may be more willing to reach out to you directly after you have established a reputation for accuracy, reliability, and professionalism.

Take a look at your business website and marketing efforts. Make sure all of your online profiles are complete and that your business website does not appear to be under construction.

Your notaryheads.com website indicates “Accredited Loan Signing Agent & Services” and “Notary Certification & Services” But what exactly does all this mean? What do you mean by accredited? Do you mean that you took the online NSA training from National Notary Association? If so, then just say NNA certified. Are you advertising as a signing service or as a signing agent? Do you train people to be notaries?

State succinctly what you do so that those potential hiring companies looking at your website can tell at a single glance. Be careful not to overstate qualifications, skills, or services.

Okay, final suggestion: Your contact phone number should be immediately visible when visitors hit your page. Don’t make any potential hiring company scroll and search your page to find out how to reach you.

At the top of your page where it says " Our site will be fully up shortly to serve you even better! Meanwhile, reach us below" … DELETE ALL THAT AND JUST PUT YOUR CONTACT INFO.

Wishing you the best. ~Carmen

5 Likes

Thank you Carmen. This is invaluable. I appreciate your time, guidance, and “second set of eyes.” Wishing you great health, blessings / prosperity, and a wonderful week. /Arif.

1 Like

Most welcome, Arif. Happy to help a colleague!
Another thing: $50k for E&O will not meet the requirements for lenders and title companies who expect contractors to carry at least 100k. So that is something to consider.

3 Likes

Oh, that is great! I will definitely ‘upgrade’ shortly. Your guidance and advise is aiding me to get to the next levels of success - THANK YOU again. KIT.

I agree with @Carmen_Lane , when I first started I had the $25K E&O and was not getting a lot of assignments. But after I increased to $100K it dramatically improved.

3 Likes

Thank you @donaldsonnp and @Carmen_Lane - this is truly invaluable. Wishes for continued success to you both, and sending blessings your way… /Arif.

1 Like

Yep, it’s a requirement that you have a minimum of $100,000 E & O to work for Titles. It’s worth it. You save money if you buy a $100,000 4-year E&O insurance policy.

1 Like