Only work for Title compa Mortgage or law firms

How did you get ‘in’ with the Title Companies, etc? Very interested!

I totally get it, sometimes I get offended when I see the settlement statement lol but you know what though they have built that relationship with the title companies over the years so of course they are going to get a cut. It’s a great way for newbies to get experience because title companies have no mercy if you make a mistake sometimes.

3 Likes

Hi Robert, I like being my own boss and setting my own hours. It makes no difference who sends me the assignment request as long as my signing rate is approved, communication is good, instructions are clear, and loan documents arrive in a timely fashion. I have some favorite companies to work. I appreciate people who are professional and yet friendly and easy to communicate with. But I am willing to accept jobs directly from lenders and title companies as well as from signing services. Ultimately, the common theme is that companies who hire me are happy to approve my rate requests because they can rely on me. I do think of us as a team… it’s just that my team periodically changes, depending on who has hired me.

When you say “start your own” do you mean to start your own signing service company where you are recruiting other notaries to handle the loan signing appointments?

By the way, I am a notary signing agent in Washington state and definitely NOT an attorney :smiley:

(Kudos to @elliot.dubin for $600+ signings. :clap: That’s awesome)

3 Likes

But just because he is an attorney commanding higher fees and getting it is not right. All signing agents are offered signings on group texts and some may have 25 years experience some 10 and some newbie- the bottom line is we all can complete a signing but not able to get higher fees - we do not need a college degree to do this.
I am in NY and never offered signings from NY because the attorneys do them all. So tell me why companies low ball us but are willing to triple the signing fee for an attorney? I may not be explaining the frustration correctly. For 12 years fee issues have always been the main topic with no real solution.

I too have learned this early on. I only work for Title and mortgage companies. My integrity and hard work and knowledge doesn’t permit me to collect nickels and pennies for payment given especially when I’m giving TOP TIER services and turn arounds. When I wasn’t paid for the services I stopped doing signings.
Good luck to you all. These signing services will get you if you allow them.

2 Likes

Hi Carmen_Lane! I am a notary in western Washington as well. I understand your discretion, but things have been painfully slow and was wondering if I could contact you privately to discuss your success further? I have worked for a few companies that I have enjoyed but would really like to expand and keep business rolling.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Sarah, yes absolutely.

2 Likes

I am in Washington also. In which area do you work?

Hi Linda, I live in Olympia.

1 Like

Hi Carmen,

I live in Port Ludlow. Different areas of coverage. You are about 2 hours from me. Distances here are challenging because there are few Fedex and UPS locations with limited hours. If I go to Sequim. its 72 miles round trip. I don’t like to do scanbacks because then I have to drive home and go out another 20-30 miles round trip to overnight the documents. Most last pickups are 2:30 and aren’t open on Saturday, so I have go to into Poulsbo or Silverdale. I would assume your area has easier access.

1 Like

Whatever travel is needed, I try to figure that into my bid. I live in Olympia and when the signings are in and around Olympia, finding a shipping facility is not an issue. But I face challenges when I do signings in Jefferson and Clallam counties. I take remote areas and access to shipping facilities into consideration when I bid. If a same-day drop is not possible, I am up front when I bid to set the correct expectation from the get-go. I have done signings in Clallam Bay, for example, then had to drive to Pt. Townsend in order to drop at UPS the same day. And I have done signings in Long Beach, then had to drive south to Warrenton to make the drop in time for pick up. Remote areas have challenges for sure.

1 Like

How do you get those signings??? i am in ohio

I also charge similar fees. I get responses of shock many times but I live in an area where there are only 2-3 of us doing this service. Even when they say it’s too high, they usually end up calling me back. I have a full time job so I don’t need the signing money, it’s an added bonus. I can stand firm & if they find someone else, that’s fine. I have 30 years mortgage experience so I usually “win” the bid even with my higher fees. The majority of my fees are $200-$250 with additional charged for distance. I do occasional $150-$175 for seller only or other circumstances. The most I’ve ever received, $600 once for about a 45 minute drive and two others @ $500 each for nearly 1.5 hour drive (those are the one way distance times). It isn’t just one company, I work for hundreds and they will all consider paying the fee if they have no other option. I think it really depends on where you are located and whether or not there is competition. In areas with several agents, low bid will win out usually.

3 Likes

May I ask what company this is?

May I ask what company you work for? Congrats on that beautiful invoice :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

First Class, what doesn’t make sense is that a vendor/company should look at your bio to see if you meet their qualifications. Especially after the busy run we have just had, we have all worked with many outside of snapdocs.

1 Like

I agree but unfortunately I don’t think they really care.

For all those Notes who don’t work for SS’s. The first line in our profile reads: We accept signings from TC’s and attys. ONLY. No problem …never hear from them. Yep

1 Like

Hello @Bridgethoggard and sorry for the late reply. I won’t name specific companies because many are already named in this forum and I don’t want people to get the wrong idea that only those certain companies are willing to pay appropriately. It’s not like I charge one rate for one hiring company and another rate for another. These are my rates across the board, regardless of who is calling. It’s all in the negotiation when they contact me. Sometimes we are a match and sometimes not. If we aren’t a match for a signing, that is perfectly OK. I thank them and ask them to keep me in mind for future signings.

2 Likes

Thank you for this knowledge, I appreciate it!

1 Like