Printer shortage

Hello,

Any suggestions on where to find a printer. I think America is in a shortage lol. I traveled from St. Pete to Tampa for about 4 hrs today, have checked Staples, Amazon, Bluedog, Office Depot, HP, Brother…nothing most have said October. Any suggestions?

Welcome to NC! I haven’t had to shop for a new printer in a long time. I purchased a refurbished 4250HP DTN in 2008. A 4350HP DTN in 2012. There were days when both printers were printing in unison, I couldn’t keep up with the packages I was signing using just one printer. They are still busy, busier than ever. I paid $1200 for the first one, $400 for the 4350. Refurbished machines are reliable. HP makes a good strong product.

Have you looked at Newegg.com? They carry several brands of printers including HP. Best of luck in your search and purchase.

1 Like

I just got a back up from Amazon. It’s hard to find a set of printer and tray so you might have to purchase separately. I see the Brother HL-L6200DW is in stock at amazon and the Brother Printer LT6500 Tray will be back in stock in two weeks.

good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion, I’ll check them out now.

You’re awesome, I checked yesterday there was nothing. Thanks so much!!

Your welcome!

What I have come to find is Amazon does not like to disappoint customers. So they put dates out there they can achieve but in most cases beat them.

1 Like

Try theprinterdepot.com, good luck!

2 Likes

I just checked Amazon a few minutes ago. They have printers in stock that are shipped free for Prime members with expected delivery 9/3/20 through 9/10/20. Here’s the link for a Brother, with two trays, on sale. https://www.amazon.com/Brother-Monochrome-HL-L5200DWT-Networking-Replenishment/dp/B01BHSLBLK/ref=sr_1_22?dchild=1&keywords=Printers&qid=1598913322&rnid=2941120011&s=office-electronics&sr=1-22

1 Like

Thank you got it last night

You were able to get the Brother I mentioned?

I got the 6200 Lee advised above. Im on phone now trying to see if I can get the one you mentioned. $50 more but 2 trays.

Good Luck. I’m not familiar with Brother, so I hope this one is as good as the one he recommended. A lot of LSA’s in another group that I am a part of are using Brother printers.
I posted that link for you to check out because all of the Canon printers, with only ONE tray, on Amazon are almost twice the price of the Brother! I have a Canon ImageClass MF424dw printer, with two trays, that I purchased almost two years ago for far less than the ones today with only one tray.

If there is a Cartridgeworld in your city.
They have a business program. They provide the All in one printer ( Brothers MFC L5700W dual tray ) , service calls for printer and delivery toner for free.
There is no committment , cancel anytime. Start up cost is 2 toner and one drum. Which we all want to have as back up anyway.
Check is out

Thank you for the suggestion, we do not have one in my part of Florida.

You made a great choice. I have the lower model 5200 for 4 years without any issues and it uses third party inexpensive toner replacements very well. Also, my model gets 8,000 pages per cartridge but your model I believe prints 12,000 per cartridge. Double tray? There is no substitute!

1 Like

If you have not found a printer yet maybe try these locations if near you.

Computer Store, Electronics Retailer

Miami, FL · (305) 513-0059

Computer Repair, Computer Store · Open · 2 on Yelp

3601 SW 2nd Ave, Ste e, Gainesville, FL · (352) 376-1146

Computer Repair, Computer Store · $$ · Open · 3 on Yelp

8730 US Highway 19, Port Richey, FL · (727) 847-6955

Computer Store, Electronics Retailer

1 Like

Ordering directly from Epson worked for me.

1 Like

I purchased 4 printers from an local online (about a year ago). I believe most areas have Estate Sales- now online Estate Auctions. it happened that our local Rabo Bank was converting to Mechanics bank and closing the local loan processing centers. up for auction was 12 printers – I purchased 4 huge HP double tray printers for $25 dollars each. Came w toners and paper in them. I also purchased one last month on E-bay for $75 - including Shipping – also had toner in it. There are a lot of good used printers out there… Look for used – toner is cheaper on the older printers too. I really like HP.

2 Likes

Best buy!! Or online is where I got mine at Best buy

1 Like

I just received my printer from Office Depot - Brother MFC-L5850dw. Also got the high capacity cartridge. Second ray is on back-order. Ordered online Aug 31, received Sep 2.

1 Like