Professional Logos

I’ve had a logo idea for a while, but haven’t followed up on it because the first and only graphic designer logo maker I spoke to quoted me like $700 LOL. I was done after that. I honestly don’t think the logo matters very much. I haven’t lost business over not having an official one, but I’d still like to have one…

I’ve seen a lot of notary logos on their websites. I’d say most of them look cheesy or not great (how many quill pens are people going to use?!). But, some are fairly nice. For the people who have nice, professional, or cool logos, how did you go about making them? What’s a decent price to pay for someone else to make them for you (which is what I’m interested in)? Any recommendations?

Vista Print is my “go to” source for logos.

Professional.
Creative.
Responsive.
Multiple rounds of edits after initial creation.
Reasonable pricing.

Visit: www.vistaprint.com
Select Design Services Tab.
Let your creativity Flow! :sparkles:

NOTE: I receive no remuneration of any kind for this direct experience, personal Recommendation.

4 Likes

Since maple syrup is a well-known Vermont product, I took a picture of a maple sap pail that was attached to a maple tree. Then I used a graphics program to trace over the edges of the pail, and used the tracing as my logo. I don’t remember which graphics program I used.

1 Like

I think of it more like a barber pole, instantly recognizable as to its function.

I had a simple clean logo made for me and I trademarked it with the state for $15. The logo cost me $30 on fivver logo maker. It’s not fancy but people seem to like it.
Transparent Logo 2 TM

5 Likes

Here’s mine.
logo-v125-transparent
People seem to like it. Whatever works, I guess.

2 Likes

I used Fiverr for mine. You can find some very talented people who make professional logos at a very affordable price.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for all your help. Got a lot of suggestions here! Hopefully other members can benefit from this list as well. :star:

1 Like

Yeah this looks interesting! I like it, too.

1 Like

I bought a membership to Canva. It’s an amazing program and easy to learn. I made an ad for my syngagoue newsletter and a logo. You can also design your own stationery, which I did by sticking my logo at the top of the page. There are endless things you can use it for. You can make a logo in 10 minutes.

2 Likes

That looks really good. Original too.

1 Like

Try Fivrr!! You’ll find someone on there for sure!

2 Likes

I will point out that you don’t want to “copy” a logo from a company, like Vista Print. Someone did that years ago and they were sued by Vista. I like the suggestions of using a web site that will design something for you at a reasonable cost.

2 Likes

I’m using crowd sourcing for the logo I have in development.

2 Likes

Aloha morning! I created my own logo, had it printed from a regular label place online called Sticker Mule, (didnt cost much but I leaver my options open to other sources) I also had it officially registered with U.S Trademark with my “buisness phrase” and all good now. Trademark was kinda’ expensive But it was worth my creation. Good luck on your Logo tho’…Have a great day!

1 Like

Here is one my wife and I created. I am trying to be seen everywhere I go.

2 Likes

Wow! Now that is one serious logo!

For me I will not publicize my service anywhere on my car. Just need it plain looking, normal looking car out and about on the road. I don’t want people to know that my vehicle may have clients info inside because I do a large volume per day and I can’t possibly carry all 13 loans in one briefcase to each closing. I’ve carried all files to each closing many times and I hurt my shoulder and half of my body was very painful so I have to lock some in another large case locked in the car. If someone sees a notary logo, they may break in the car looking for something then I will be in deep doo doo.

I also do not want to announce to the client’s neighbors with my notary business sign on my car so their neighbors can see what is going at that house. Neighbors don’t need to know they are refinancing or doing anything personal that requiring notary service. So I have to be very discreet.

Personally, if I have a loan closing at my home I would not like it if a notary shows up with the notary business sign on the car basically it’s like announcing to my neighbors that I may be borrowing money, refinancing, buying, selling or doing something with real estates or other personal legal transactions. I would like it to be private don’t need people to see who’s doing what at my house.

4 Likes

I appreciate you responding, I have to let you know that I do not service large cities but rural towns. I think that is the main difference. When I was taking all the training it was noted many times by numerous different people that you can’t find business unless you advertise. I have read many peoples comments that their car logos have gotten them business and this has also gotten me some good general notary business as well. I live in a rural community with a population of just over 500 people and all the surrounding towns I service are farming communities with the largest being a little over 1000 people, so for my situation this has helped me slowly grow my business. If I lived and serviced large cities I might think about it differently.

1 Like

I totally understand, Sir. and thank you for your military service. Yes, I see your point about the rural community. You gotta do what you can to let people know what you can do to help them or their clients! :+1: May you have a prosperous year!

I went a bit more minimalist. I do like yours.

2 Likes