Purchase Package Borrower Copies

When signing at a mortgage company and the owner is the signer. Do you think it is best to print two copies? Its a purchase package.

1 Like

What did they say they wanted?

I only do what my instructions state.

1 Like

Ask The Owner if he wants a copy or he might have it on file or in a CD already?

Does your signing instructions state to print a second copy of the purchase package? If it does not say to print then don’t. If you are asked why you did not print a copy for the signer, refer them to your notary instructions. Make sure you print your instructions or save them to your hard drive so you will have proof.

I always print two copies no matter what unless it’s a huge package and then I ask if copies are in there. if what you’re asking is whether the mortgage company has a copy, I would have to ask them, otherwise, just have them scan a copy for the buyer

1 Like

You are are required to follow the notary instructions, however: I aways print the certical documents for the signers.

1 Like

When signing at a mortgage company or a lender’s, it is routine to make a copy of the “signed package” to send home with the signer. Not take a blank package.

1 Like

I may be wrong but as I understood it during my training you should always have an extra copy with you, in case an error is made with a signature or initials in the wrong place.

As far as providing a copy, to anyone else at the table, only if your instructions permit you too. You may be the custodian of the documents until they are delivered. However, the title company has ownership of the documents, they get to decide when and how a copy is provided. I would not be surprised to see digitally secured PDFs being provided only after the title company clears the forms, but not at the table.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.