šŸ“¢ Refinance Applications have plummeted! April, 2022 may be down 40%

Refis may be down, but full purchase & new construction closings are in full bloom! The housing market is hot in spring & summer.

2 Likes

I agree with you. Unfortunately, here in Mass, we are an ā€œattorney stateā€ so we are boxed out of that local market. Itā€™s a true handicap for us. The State Bar Association forced a law change 14 years ago giving attorneys the exclusive option for local deed transactions. And of course, the feeā€™s begin at $1,000 for purchase and $800 for a sale closing. That does not include title work either. I hope you stay busy! ~Adam

1 Like

I hear ya. ā€œOur country doesnā€™t have a tax problem. We have a spending problem.ā€ I would argue is more of an opinion as opposed to a fact (although spending is a problem). The definition of Capitalism however (an economic and political system in which a countryā€™s trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state) does not apply considering Government bailouts of private companies, Government purchasing of private debt (bonds), ā€œallowingā€ private companies not to pay taxes, and the government paying its citizens to stay home from work is a form of a state run economy. Which tells me our state participates in itā€™s ā€œfair shareā€ on how much of Capitalists we really are.

1 Like

Iā€™m still waiting (since 1980) for the ā€œtrickle downā€ economy to kick in and bring true prosperity to all!

1 Like

We posted last year that RiFiā€™s would be the first to goā€¦down down down.in March. yep here it is.
I hate to say it, but we havenā€™t seen anything yet. A lot of us ā€˜oldtimersā€™ saw it coming. The old adage comes into playā€¦Interest rates upā€¦Sales go down. Itā€™s always the same reasonā€¦ Inflation. We are heading into a Recessionā€¦ What think?

2 Likes

Since you are a realtor I was wondering if you are seeing increase of buyers looking for doomsday prep-per, survivalist type of real estate. I check real estate sites every day looking at properties and I noticed more than ever that the homes in rural areas that have some sort of doomsday prep like bunkers, underground or off grid living homes are being snatched up very fast! :thinking:

I ran into this doomsday real estate site and it makes me think, is this just a hysteria or should I be seriously looking at buying at this place, ā€œThe Largest Survival Community on Earthā€

What is your opinion? Thank you.

We havenā€™t seen that here in south Florida. But, our problem is most of us are at close to sea level. Dig down a foot and you hit water. No basements in south Florida. No bunkers. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

How do you connect with a title company to get signing business. Any recommendations thank you

I personally searched google and went to their website and called them directly and asked for the business.

1 Like

I live in NY. Iā€™m thinking of doing RON. What equipment do you need to perform RON signings ? Now I do everything on my I pod, with no problem.

I knew this day would come years ago, having been around long enough to understand why and planned for it. As for those who worked this as their only source of income, the good news is thereā€™s plenty of Help Wanted signs around townā€¦

Depends on your specific market.

The help wanted signs are there because the government just set a precedence. They threw steak all around for months, and now they want to feed peanuts to the same people. Hunger strike just kicked in. Most canā€™t get that taste of steak out of their mouths once theyā€™ve had it, and peanuts are for elephants!

That may have been the trend in the past (seasonal sales) but today, rising interest rates and record inflation is going to eventually put the seasonal trend on the back burner due to affordability to buy/build. Highly desirable areas may capitalize off of the seasonal flow you mentioned, but chances are the cost of living/taxes in those areas are already high, and as the population grows in said areas, guess what happens to cost of living and taxes in those areas? Combining this with the rate hikes and inflation will and is suppressing the flames! They were building 25 homes per year/phase in my subdivision the last few years. They are now down to building just 9 with 4 phases done and 4 to go. The same house I built a year and a half ago is now selling for $80k more.

Notaries in America! Prepare for ā€œThe Hunger Gamesā€! Are you ready?

Thank you for the advice. I will be calling title companies this week. Itā€™s extremely slowwww!

1 Like

Cite your source for the tax information you posted.```

type or paste code here

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.