šŸ“¢ Refinance Applications have plummeted! April, 2022 may be down 40%

Well, the month of April has started off as a pleasant surprise. I have appointments every day this week. A mixture of refinances, HELOC, and purchases.

2 Likes

Yay!!! Congratulations :tada:
I always tell myself if I start out each month with a signing on the 1st itā€™s going to be a good month! I did last month and also this month! (Booked through the 7th) Iā€™m part-time so thatā€™s 4 signings which is great for me :relaxed:
I hope April is successful for everyone!

3 Likes

I am getting ready to dip my toes into the RON experienceā€¦ Donā€™t know why I have been so hesitant I have been certified for over a month now with the stateā€¦ lol.

1 Like

Your going to be hooked! I love doing RON!

1 Like

But I do enjoy the personal interactions with the borrowers and I love the excuse to leave my houseā€¦ lolā€¦ we will see.

2 Likes

Congratulations my friend!

1 Like

Yes, I can understand that. i also enjoy getting out and meeting the signers. Itā€™s actually one of the reasons I got into this profession because Iā€™ve been working from home since Covid hit and my job has no intentions of bringing us fully back into the office in the foreseeable future. I missed getting up and out every day.

2 Likes

What do they pay for RON signings? Was it hard to become RON certified?

I certified through my State and it did not cost me anything. I did take the NNA course just to get some basic understanding of the process and received a certificate of completion. As far as the payā€¦ I have not pulled the trigger yet on that. @VIPnotaryCO and @vizionzmobilenotary would be the better ones to answer that question.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen as low as $40 up to $75. It depends on the SS. We also negotiate Ron signings so of course some SS start out offering $40.

1 Like

Yikes! I canā€™t do $40 RON. Sorry Closing Exchangeā€¦ I closed my account immediately when I found out they only pay $40!

1 Like

My average of 3k plummeted to 1k in March. I made over 50k last year, working part time doing closing. :sob::sob: at my 1099. If it never peak again, i am thankful for the profit i did make.

6 Likes

Whoa ! $50k Part-time?! Thatā€™s awesome!

1 Like

Things in Central Texas are changing as Refis decline. Iā€™m still seeing business from those relocating to my area in the form of buyer and seller packages. Knowing Refis would eventually decline, last year I launched a second venture that has scene an significant uptick in business this year. Iā€™m expecting to see a rise in Foreclosures as folks come off forbearance. This should provide me (I hope) with additional clients for my second adventure.

It is a shame that investment companies have been buying up so many of the first time buyer homes. Taking these homes off the market and converting them to rentals for years is affecting the inventory and has driven up prices. It has priced out many buyers who could qualify to buy a lower priced home but not something more expensive.

2 Likes

Itā€™s called Capitalism, one of the very foundations this country was founded on and which continues to exist today. There is no better system anywhere on this planet.

1 Like

Youā€™re right, ā€œin a perfect world!ā€ Unfortunately, Capitalism does not align with what most envision as a ā€œthriving economy.ā€ If they take the politics out of both, your statement would hold more water. The middle class mostly contributes to the economy, the upper class ā€œcapitalizesā€ off of it. Hence the ever ongoing pleas for the upper class to pay their ā€œfair share.ā€ This will never happen because ā€œpoliticsā€ dictates (through laws/loopholes) who gets to ā€œcapitalize.ā€ And guess what category our politicians fall into?

5 Likes

Actually, the ā€œupper class,ā€ as you refer to them, pay the lionā€™s share of taxes by far. Roughly 45ā€“50% of the population pay no taxes at all. That whole thing about ā€œfair shareā€ is a complete myth ginned up by politicians to get votesā€“mostly from people who donā€™t pay anything themselves and are always looking for someone else to cover their asses.

"The top 1 percent (taxpayers with AGI of $546,434 and above ) earned 20.1 percent of total AGI in 2019 and paid 38.8 percent of all federal income taxes. In 2019, the top 1 percent of taxpayers accounted for more income taxes paid than the bottom 90 percent combined.

BTW, if youā€™re here like I am, as a self-employed notary, youā€™re a capitalist, too.

Letā€™s just agree to disagree on this one right from the jump and save a lengthy back and forth. Canā€™t imagine where our economy would be if the 55 entities in this article at least paid ā€œsomething.ā€ I pay my taxes and make in a year what they spend in fuel for a yacht for one fill up. They pay no taxes and literally all 55 of them could could wipe out our national debt without feeling a tingle, yet we are all capitalists?

1 Like

I never agree to disagree on anything. Not my style.

Above I was referring to individuals, not corporations. As for the latter, this statement-- ā€œNotably, there is much we cannot know about factors reducing federal effective income tax rates for these corporations.ā€-- comes right out of the link you cited. In other words, corporate taxes as a whole is a far more complex topic than some summary piece of journalism by an obviously left-slanted organization. A review of the members of their board puts a dagger into their claim of being ā€œnon-partisan.ā€

I see nothing wrong at all with businesses who employ millions of federal income tax-paying individuals as long as they pay what the law requires them to pay. Our country doesnā€™t have a tax problem. We have a spending problem.

1 Like