Refinance packages with many duplicates

Has anyone experienced this in the last month? I’ve had two packages over 200 pages; one was 215 and the other one was 265. They both had 6 copies of the loan application and the larger had many duplicates in other documents. They were for different lenders, different title companies and different signing agencies. I’m just wondering is this a trend, did I miss something?

3 Likes

My Amrock Chase closings have six RTCs, four CDs, and two applications when there are two signers. When I first started doing these years ago I would only submit one of each and throw out the rest. They later asked that all documents in the package get signed without exception, so now I do it that way. I guess too many is better than not enough.

1 Like

This is not what this was. It was two signers each time. I’m used to the CDs and the NRTC.'s. One had seven copies of the loan application the other had six. Several credit report disclosures, more than three for each individual, and SSN verifications. Several borrower certification and authorizations, 6 copies each of the 4506-C. I had a 26-page loan application yesterday because there were three signers. This is not what I’m talking about, it was 15 pages x 6 or 7. I wouldn’t say it’s better when it’s 265 pages and I’m printing two copies for what I suspect is some idiot who doesn’t know how to do their job.

3 Likes

why would you supply additional copies of the same doc to the borrower. they only need 1 copy of the CD, 2 RTC’s, 1 app. etc you do not need to supply them with the entire package. just make sure they have at least 1 copy of each doc.

3 Likes

How nice that you have the time to singly print each page, but I do not. Especially 215 to 265 pages. And yes these were required to be copies not just what I chose to give them.

I’ve been in this job for 10 years and this is unusual. Never once have I been told that I could just give them copies of the CD and and NRTCs

2 Likes

I did not say to give them just a copy of the CD, RTC, Al I said was, you do not have to give a borrower 6 CD’s, 6 RTC’s, etc they only need 1 CD with both signatures showing and 2 RTC’s.
You always give them a copy of the docs they are signing

1 Like

If you printing 215-265 page packages, that means are you doing reverse mortgages.
I have yet in 30 years to see any lender/title company that sends that many pages in their packages.

1 Like

Wrong! They were two borrower refinances. I’m not going to sit here and argue with you. I know what I did. I know what they are. The reason I’m asking is I’ve never seen refinances this big. They are not reverse mortgages. I’ve been a notary since 2013 in Oregon and 1988 in Florida. I know the difference. Boy, you are some help! Feel free to not respond to my topic anymore. Merry Christmas!

I was trying to argue with you - I was simply making a statement. However, you don’t have to be rude.

1 Like

CORRECTION: I was not trying to…

@mobilenotaryinohio not just reverse mortgages…back a few years I had FHA loans of 225-230 pages and 20-30 notarizations

1 Like

These weren’t reverse mortgages. But I had within 2 days two packages with 6 to 7 loan applications and I was just wondering if it was something new. I have no problem calling them before the signing and before I print to ask for more money. Most of the signing agencies that I work for usually know how many pages are coming through and automatically adjust my fee. But what a pain! My printer is upstairs and I don’t heat the upstairs and the printer doesn’t like cold paper. So I have to warm it before hand or it gives me vertical creases. If it’s not one thing it’s another. Yes I’m complaining!:yum:

1 Like

Personally, I think the multiple copies you mention are caused by inattentive title/lender staff - lender sends docs to title, title reviews, corrects/alters docs and returns to lender for review, lender reviews and returns to title - but they don’t send and return final drafts - they just send everything back and things gets duplicated. Yes, it’s a pain and it should be culled down to a respectable size package, but that would take work and someone on their end who really cares and has a work ethic - something I personally found, toward the end of my doing loan signings, became sorely lacking at title/lender offices.

4 Likes

Yes, I have been seeing a lot of this in the last 2 months.
It is so aggravating to ask the signers to keep signing the same pages , plus the time and cost of duplicate for us. I know you aren’t just talking about a 2nd ID sheet or 2 applications it is turning into 5 , 6, 7 of the Same document. I try to 100% sign and return all documents. BUT when it is 8 identical ID sheets on a fidelity approved my aggravation is over the top…

2 Likes

Yes, I have had a few refinance packages like this lately. I’ve only been doing this for a year. But i’s just in the last 2, maybe 3, months that I’ve gotten these. Multiple copies of loan applications and other random documents. It is frustrating to have to print all those duplicates. And the signers get frustrated having to sign the same document over and over. Especially when I don’t have the time to stack all the duplicates together. So instead they are signing 5 SSN verifications that pop up at seemingly random places in the package.

Yes! but you know who I love? rocket mortgage. they don’t do that. I love it when I get some of their packages

9 Likes

Call title ask for increase in fee and question all the duplicates

3 Likes

I always do that but I’m not about to question their want or need or even their mistakes for extra pages. I just make them pay.

1 Like

I hope you called them and gotten paid for all of those copies of course I exclusively close Ron’s only because I know that’s where the industry is going and I will already be there

Two and three copies, sometimes, yes. But not THAT many. Will keep an eye out. Thanks for the heads-up.

1 Like