RON best companies

Seeking opinion which are the best to work with for RON signings in IL?
BlueNotary, Clear Sign, DocVerify, eNotaryLog, Pavaso and SIGNiX.
Thank you
Theresa

3 Likes

I have the same question! Except I am in NJ

1 Like

Iā€™m currently an Arizona notary thinking about going RON in September when my commission comes due. Are you both RON? And how do you like it?

I was a CA notary for years now in Chicago area and exploring getting commissioned in RON.

Not yet, iā€™m exploring the options which was the reason for my post.

If Iā€™m not mistaken, IL has not implemented RON signings yet.

1 Like

I am in Michigan and have signed up with all of them. So far I havenā€™t had the chance to use any of them yet.

It would first depend on if the platform meets your state compliance standards. Then you would have to see which gives you the most for your money depending on what youā€™ll be using it for (GNW, loan signings, etc.). Every person has a different business plan. I spent weeks researching all the different platforms that were NY compliant. I still havenā€™t decided if I really want to jump in since RON just became official in NY in February. Good luck!

Pavaso and Clear Sign are not open platforms, meaning you have to be approved by the title company using them. SigniX is expensive in my opinion. Iā€™ve heard that DocVerify is outdated and not the most user friendly.
Blue Notary is ok. It is a newer platform and isnā€™t without issues. They offer a free a free version where your client pays them and they pay you. The Pro Hybrid has more opens and offers the chance to get open calls. There are maybe 10 day and hundreds (or more) of notaries trying to get the open call. This platform works well if you are bringing your own customers as do all platforms that let you sign up as a notary.

Of course all of this information is subjective and based on many factors. Does your state have a list of approved vendors? What is your business plan? How are you going to bring customers to the platform? From my personal research, none of the platforms that offer you clients has enough volume or if they do, you are competing with many others.

Also, in my personal experience, it can be difficult to convert general mobile notary work into RON.

1 Like

I havenā€™t signed up with any of them yet but have been looking into it for about two years now, havenā€™t done so due to all of them so far have been not worth the investment.
However BlueNotary has been one im most interested i going with and plan to get further with them when my renewed commission goes into effect.

Iā€™m also in Michigan and have done 0 ron signings

Iā€™m in PA & doing mostly GNW and seller/Deed packages. I looked into RON which got approved here in 2020-2021. The platforms are pricey and for GNW it really is not profitable. I just heard about Blue Notary and will be signing up for the ā€˜freeā€™ platform so I can offer it to clients. Honestly though- since 2020 Iā€™ve only had 3 requests for a RON signing, so I donā€™t think paying Big Bucks for the other platforms makes sense for me.

1 Like

We dont really have anything but BN. NJ doesnā€™t really do RON.
STINKSā€¦

1 Like

RON is something that definitely takes marketing. Even with my marketing and always offering it as an alternative, my conversion rate is less than 1%. Blue Notary is ok, but it isnā€™t the most stable but is very cost effective if you get enough business.

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly!
BlueNotary is still new to the industry and have a lot of bugs to work out and improvements to work on, however for now is the most cost efficient RON solution while maintaining control of your own session.

It is definitely the most cost effective for now. I just wish they would put the same effort into fixing the bugs as they do pushing their training agenda.

3 Likes

You are spot on with that, it is very frustratingā€¦ iv taken time out of my day to write a detailed improvement request to support detailing bugs and such and they could care less Iā€™m pretty sure they didnā€™t even forward the information to the correct party.

1 Like

@bricemb96 Excellent good intentions. :crown:

I must share, though, that this is a common lament (ā€œthey could care lessā€ most likely meaning they couldnā€™t care less) across multiple business sectors within the tech segments of UX & UI [User Experience & User Interface].

When GUI [Graphic User Interfaces] entered into the business realm (very late 70s/very early 80s), there was much concern and/or attention given to immediately addressing difficulties with the GUI, UX, and/or UI.

Today, not so much . . .

Sadly, itā€™s a state of ā€œgood enough.ā€

:swan:

1 Like

I have had the same experience. My biggest issue right now is when I stamp the documents and I look at in session and the PDF afterwards it appears that my stamo doesnā€™t meet the border requirements set fourth by my SOS. When printed, it looks fine but that isnā€™t the point.

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦ its an unfortunate truth.
Work ethic of most doesnt exist anymore.

1 Like