RON ..What are the best support and inexpensive platforms?

But didn’t you have to have a RON platform in place to be commissioned for RON notarizations?

I’m only on Nexsys Clear Sign and Pavaso through titles. I don’t think they are inexpensive.

Linda, in Colorado they only ask which ones you are going to use. You don’t have to actually be signed up with them yet.

2 Likes

Thank you Brian. Appreciate the info.

1 Like

By the way you have to stick with the company that you told them you’re going to use, if you want to add more from the state approved list you have to also inform them as well so they’ll have that on file.

I noticed they have those two companies Pavaso and Nexsys in my file for RON because those were the two I have selected when I applied to do Ron.

@JohnM-FL Great question. I know you’re already cognizant of the Search function. :angel:

You may find this thread particularly helpful:

If not, @rparker has recurrently demonstrated in-depth knowledge & experience in this regard. It may serve you well to Message him directly in that case . . .

Best wishes. :sparkles:

2 Likes

Hi John, I am RON certified in MO. I am signed up with Nexsys Clear Sign, have been for a couple months, it was free. I have also tested with Pavaso and passed. In the process of setting up with them. There is a $99 set up fee for the first time and $50 a year after. I cannot speak about their service since I have not actually used them yet. I have not yet had any requests for Nexsys signings. And will likely keep watching training videos to stay fresh. I have read that if you are working with title direct they might pay for Pavaso.

1 Like

Pavaso and Nexsy …Can you use them for your own clients? What charges are incurred?

Sorry, I am confused with your question.

@JohnM-FL

Hmmm . . .

The challenge is that there are MANY variables in how the RON signings are performed.

Some are completely In-House, which I believe are the type performed by VIPnotaryCO; i.e., Title/Escrow Company has platforms.

On the other hand, there are independent RON signings. I believe you’ll best be served by directing your queries to @rparker as he has recurrently demonstrated in-depth knowledge & experience in this regard.

:angel::sparkles:

4 Likes

If you are signed up to do RON with a title company or signing service, they are paying you a flat fee to complete RON orders through them. They will have paid for the platform which you will use as PAVASO or NexSys Clearsign, or some other. However, you will still need to get your digital certificate through one of the companies that offer such. The services you are signed up with will tell you which/whose certificate they require. DocVerify is the one through which I got my certificate. That cost was/is an outlay of $99.
If you are going to do RON as an independent, you can do that as well through DocVerify, but you can only sign up either for their executive level service or through the service(s) you use as a vendor. If you sign up with them as an independent then you have to not only pay for your certificate, but there is also a monthly fee to use their platform. Other platforms that you can sign up with as an independent are PAVASO and SignIX, to my knowledge. I’m sure there are others. I am signed up through SignIX. There is an annual fee to use their platform. They also accept the DocVerify certificate. So, once you have it, it’s usable on multiple plaforms. In addition to the annual fee to use the SignIX platform, you are charged $10 for the first notary stamp and $5 for each additional stamp you append during your transaction, to a maximum of $60 payable to them. WA state allows a notary to charge $25 for each digital notary seal. So, I build my fee for RON around that $25 plus time to set-up/tag the documents and administrative costs for my time for intake and closing accounts and using the service platform. I charge the full $25 for the first two notary stamps, then reduce my fees for subsequent stamps needed. Depending on the size of the package, I will negotiate a maximum cost for this service. So far, I’ve not had to worry about a negotiated maximum fee since all of my clients have needed no more than 3 seals.
My experience is not all inclusive and there are many options out there. Be sure to read the fine print!
There is a young woman in Seattle who has done all the footwork for you on giving you pros and cons about different RON platform options. Her site on YouTube is called Side Hustle and can be found here.
Good Luck.

3 Likes

Hello, In my research and use. I have found secured signings to be the most cost effective and they really have great support. Really helpfull throught the whole setup process and during signings.
They have an options for No setup fee and just $10 a month. That includes three free signings. (single document ) per month. They do have other options. Since there was not large set up fee and they were great with all of my questions signing up I gave them a shot and have not regretted it.

e-mail RON@securedsigning.com web site: www.securedsigning.com

2 Likes

As they are TC’s choice, they would be used for the TC’s clients that they use your services. What if you have your own clients that you want to use Pavaso or Nexsy havening nothing to do with TC’s?

Good question. I would call them to inquire the process.

Very good question. I would definitely say yes

I loved her videos. She did an excellent job!

Notarize, inc. I wish that I had time to explain in full but you get your seal free. You can set your own prices. There’s no money down.

1 Like

Not quite true from my understanding (someone will correct me if I’m wrong, I’m sure); Notarize pays $5 for the first notarization and $1 for each subsequent one - now in the State of FL we can charge $25 for each RON we - I’m not sure any RON provider’s fees, if done individually by notary, would equal $20-$24 per notarization in the long run.

JMO

1 Like

Nexsys and Pavaso are setup for real estate transactions through a title company. Unless things have changed, you can not use either as an individual notary. I have a free membership at One Notary in case I get a general notary request. Notarize will provide clients for you with an average net to notary of between 5 and 6 dollars, but this arrangement is only available in VA, FL, TX and NV. I think for me an investment at X dollars per month would not pay off since I don’t have a steady amount of requests for RON from individuals.

3 Likes

Pavaso doesn’t offer you bringing your own clients. Nexsys I believe does with high start up fee. I use Secured Signings. 10 a month and you get 3 free docs a month. No set up fee. Great support. Top notch experience from me.

2 Likes