Scam or Not a Scam

Received a text if I was available on Sunday. Responded Yes. Gives me the address where we are going to meet. I asked do you have the paperwork? I get a response her lawyer is sending everything to her for Sunday. I then asked what exactly needs to be notarized? 5 documents. 1. Deed 2. Full Mortgage Package 3-Lease Agreement-Wills and Trusts 4-Medical documents. Her wording. I text back as I needed more information. Then she text me 1 hour later Mortgage package is dropped. I ask again " who am I texting with" She says Mary. She then texts and tells me she had ear surgery and cannot put anything close to her ear. (all she had to do is put me on speaker) Would not give me her last name.
To make a long story short, I tell her my fee, but something wasn’t sitting right by me.

She told me in these words " Hope I can pay with cashiers check because I am not around now and I will be available to sign that day, as the check will need to be cleared by the bank and before you come I will send you the tracking number once the check is mailed and you can monitor this payment" I text her that she can go to the bank and get the cash or she can give me a certified check. I also asked what was the name of her bank. NO COMMENT.

Too many negatives. When I asked her where does she come in pertaining to the paperwork. No comment. When I told her Florida requires to witnesses on the deed and asked her who was being named on the Will/Trusts no answer. What are your thoughts?

1 Like

A lot of RED FLAGS!!! Better don’t get involve.:cross_mark: :cross_mark: :cross_mark: :cross_mark:

2 Likes

This is definitely a scam.

@lauriemazza.nsa27 Evasive communication definitely RAMPS UP the Spidey Senses!


Definitively a :prohibited: Hard Pass :prohibited: on this one!


:swan:

I wouldn’t touch that with a 10 foot pole!

1 Like

Nope. Too many unknowns. I’d definitely pass on this.

Her next reply would be, I’m sending you more than you requested, and I need you to send some of that extra money to a friend who has been caring for my cat while I was in the hospital.

1 Like

Definitely a scam. You would be right to reject the request.

@alnmurray :white_check_mark: Absolutely True! :white_check_mark:

RUN THE OTHER DIRECTION!


:swan:

@lauriemazza.nsa27 I think that there are too many red flags. I would not have anything to do this one.

3 Likes

Skip it . Fyi certified checks can be stopped.

She wont ahare info. You maybe walking into trouble.

Get your answers before you go or tell her goodbye

Yeah, if I can’t talk to you by phone, we don’t do work together.

Did the person that contacted you have 2 ears? Was surgery on both ears?

2 Likes

That sounds like trouble.

banks don’t “certify” checks anymore and one cannot stop payment on a certified check. Cashier’s check - yeah… certified check - no.