Service Link Fees

There is no loyalty in this business, and especially with SL (I know Amrock is worse) - but if SL can find someone cheaper than you, your length of time is of no consequence to them. And that’s what’s happened with many veterans - they’re watching their tried and true move on to cheaper notaries.

It’s sad.

2 Likes

I say block them permanently.

I’m in Colorado and I am raising my rates due to inflation, and supplies are getting harder and harder to find or deliver on time, gas, etc. I am also worry about the current war that may lead to WWWIII:( :cry:

1 Like

I think in CA your’e in a world of your own.
The fees seem to be much higher there. Even gnw…I’d be making 4 times more there.

Yes??? ……:No???..……………

Actually, there is no need to answer if you’re not comfortable with the question since I’ve asked three times, privately and publicly. I am quite sure that you are not the same Notary whose family asked me once upon a go about what he should tell his son to charge for his signing because he was not getting what he should. I recalled telling him to tell the son who was also a mortgage loan officer and a realtor to charge at least $150. I am sure it wasn’t your family who asked me for help in deciding what fee to charge because you seem to demonize notaries who mention anything about negotiating for fee increase:). You are a saint:)

California law allows $15 per signature notarized. I don’t do much GN. I work full time as a Signing Agent. A Notary friend of mine moved from CA to TN and laws there are way less strict, didn’t require a test, a journal or thumbprints and notary fee is significantly lower. I work hard for what I get and yes low ball offers do come at me but with gas at almost $5 a gallon I don’t even bother with the low ballers and limit my distance I drive. “IF” enough notaries would NOT take low ball offers people would be made to offer more (IMO).

1 Like

It took them 5 months to call me after I signed up

Don’t discount doing GNW. In AZ where I am, I do plenty of GNW and the rate here is $10 per sig. When I get called on I ask now many signatures are on each document. I have not done any GNW for under $100 yet ( One exception). I have had a handful that wanted 1 or 2 sig and I refer them to the UPS store for that. One was a 3 min walk from my home who was an elderly man who did not drive so I made the exception. He gave me a $40 tip for my time and effort.

Can you not charge for Travel?

@donaldsonnp you may want to review your AZ administrative code about this (noted at end) - which specifically states you charge per “notary signature” (not $10 per individual signature) or “notarial act”

" E. A Notary public may charge the following fee:

1. For an acknowledgment or jurat, “no charge” up to $10 per notary public signature;

2. For a copy certification, “no charge” up to $10 per page certified;

3. For an oath or affirmation, “no charge” up to $10 per notarial act.

Ariz. Admin. Code § R2-12-1102"

This is the Code quoted in your Notary Public Manual issued by your SOS.

Lol… sorry let me clarify. On one document I had three individual signers I charged $30,00. ( each had notarial certificates after their signature area) The first time I did it I was so nervous about not charging the correct about I called the NNA and the SOS to certify I was calculating it correctly. Was I given the wrong advice?

That’s my point of my post - your statutes say you can only charge $10 - unless you completed 3 notarial certs for that one document - one for each signer…and that would be overkill.

Basically you’re like Florida - you’re limited to $10/notarial act…no matter number of signers.

And I’ll hush now because we are way off topic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You will need to consult your licensing guidelines and/or your SOS about fees. They will be listed in your guidebook along with any other charges that are allowed. In WA state you can add other costs as long as the signer is notified ahead of signing and the fees are acceptable. I charge $35 for mobile service, plus if they send me documents and wish me to print, I charge $0.50 per page, second copy of documents @$0.25/page, in addition to the $10/signature-stamp.

1 Like

I agree! No loyalty at all! The crazy thing is that we are helping them look good and get paid!

1 Like

I’ve been seeing this word, “Loyalty” lately. What is that? :zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

Its all a fantasy! :slight_smile:

This was my same thought. I have no idea what people are talking about/expecting. What we have is a contractual agreement with the SS and TCs we work with. Unless you have done something egregious, all a contractor owes us is the agreed upon fee for the agreed upon work. Even for those of you who are still employed, take a look at your hiring papers. You will notice a rarely read statement indicating “employment at will”, which means either party can break the employment contract for any or no reason at all. More so when you are a vendor working as an independent business person. Good luck out there. BTW, you have to make your own luck!

2 Likes

I’ve done quite a few for service link and never have had to fax back anything, may be your area maybe?? :slight_smile: Put your fees in and you’ll be called for stuff in your area that is in your fee range. You don’t have to accept what they’re offering. Set your parameters and you will get what you get.

1 Like

The fees tended to even out when I was doing Chase HELOCs for them. Now it seems they are all in the mid hundred page level and want scanbacks for no extra $$. They don’t change fees but let you set your fees for each county you cover. They auto assign orders, so the software will probably choose the highest rated notary at the lowest price. They lowered their print fee from 20 dollars to 12 dollars some time ago, which has always been a sticking point with me.

I buy my paper at walmart. Seems a bit cheaper.

1 Like