Signing Agencies Commonly Take 50% Of NSA Fee - Software Systems Make Their Profits Soar

Very interesting! I only know of 1 post that that related both, the SS fee at $200 and the notary fee of $125. To me that sounded reasonable. So what are your fees from the Title Cos?
I’m just asking as I have never worked for a SS.

Drastic measures are not necessary you simply say no. Let them have all the newbies that are going to make all of the mistakes. Experienced notaries can go direct to the title companies, show them some good work, and there is no need for a signing service. As our blustering friend just pointed out, new notaries make a lot of mistakes that have to be compensated for and he is welcome to every one of them. For another $50 I would take that job and not make all of those mistakes and he wouldn’t have to compensate for my work, but he would rather be cheap. That my friends is a signing service in a nutshell.

4 Likes

Yep, many more signing companies AND signing agents than ever before. And CA has always been in class by itself. What goes in CA (where a lot of these lenders/TCs are), doesn’t seem to fly most everywhere else.

Don’t forget the ferryboat ride for $40 rt and the 2-3 hours wait time. Offered me $75 to go across. They would not budge.

1 Like

We are all trying to make our way through this world. Getting all bowed up does nothing. Settle down.

2 Likes

Wow :flushed: unbelievable but believable. I always wonder how the person who ended up taking the assignment felt afterwards.

I believe bringing to light experiences, opinions, suggestions and thoughts in this business on a Notary forum set up for this purpose is not unreasonable. I have seen it help many to not feel alone and to help others in their own business practices. Let’s not oppress our fellow Signing Agents who have both good and bad experiences.

1 Like

Your opinion. I don’t need to be scolded for expressing mine.

Bravo and ditto, I agree…….

You started with scolding others :thinking: I was not scolding you are not my child. As I said we ALL have the right to our opinions and to share. I was just saying this is what this forum is for. Did you read your own post?

1 Like

This is a great post, put aside The Who’s arrogant, who’s not, as a 5 month 160 signing notary whose been around the block a few times I enjoyed the history of the business over the last few decades very much. Thanks for the insight to our industry…

I agree with this. I get really frustrated with the fact that “Snapdocs”, " Signing Order" etc. block us from communicating directly with our signing service contractors. I once had a multiple closing and the Escrow Officer called me directly. She agreed to pay full fee per signing. Snapdocs representative told me over the phone( when I called to ask why it was not on my order) that I was not going to get any more money!!! Rude and condescending! I do not take that attitude from anyone especially some 3rd party that is in No position to decide!

Who are you gjackman and what state are you in?

Hi Greg ! Are you in WA?? I do not take any signing that involves ferry ride due to loss because of time and ferry fees broker does not want to pay. I’m in Kitsap County WA and ferry scheduled rides are decreasing due to ferries needing repair, personnel shortage, and COVID. City of Seattle and King County had special announcement this afternoon they anticipate increases in cases, deaths, over next 6 months. Everyone take precautions and be safe. Notary contractors are also not considering hazard pay for what we do.

1 Like

Hi Dana ~ in which state do you work??

Arichter I saw agree with your statement.

I’ve seen all that. Lived in Kitsap county for 16 years before moving over to the big city. Even commuted to Boeing on the boat every day for a couple of years. This Notary/Signing agent business is a slow slog not a get rich now thing. I have been talking with other notaries that’s been in the business a long time and they make good money. In the military it was called “Time in service/Time in grade”, So I am being patient. Any other newbies out there in a hurry, don’t be. Just my 2 cents worth.

Hi Greg ~ so you know the demographics which is very important. I make a good living and only want part time work not full time. I work within a specific parameter of miles which helps keep costs down. I currently have 300+ clients but only work for a few on a routine basis. After receiving many calls courtesy of Google, large portion of my business is senior homes and hospitals. Patients are not easy to move yet still need docs notarized. They provide documents, I notarize signature and often 1 -2 witnesses, can be up to 20 pages. Other such signings people have signing parties and after signings are completed have drinks and food ~ very festive atmosphere. Easy signing and usually paid by cash or check. I provide state guides for fees and requirements. With COVID have been earning $500 to $1,000 week for these type of signings. This is a good way to fill in the gaps if not busy. Created page with my information and pricing on one side and on reverse ID requirements. Had page laminated at Staples in bulk and pass out to senior facilities, etc. Some of these places use internet search but they like the handy grab and read tool.

I’ve been accommodating mobile loan signings in San Diego County since 1998. Jokingly, when someone asks me about a notary career I always say, “you don’t even need to know how to spell NOTARY PUBLIC to be a notary public”. They laugh and then probably forget about it and continue working that full-time job with benefits that’s paying the mortgage on their million-dollar home.

What are you guys doing to scale up your notary business AKA steal loan assignments from other notaries in your area? Are you a quick responder? Really? Are you a Notary Titan? You realize you must lowball your way into 3-4 loans a day 365 days a year to break that magic 100K number that keeps popping up on those expensive Banner Ads on my PC.

I loved GJackmans response. Finally we sheep get to hear the music from one of the other players. Life sucks when you’re the middleman so thank you, Sir. Being a sheepherder requires one to clean up a lot of sheep shit but you don’t mind because you love your sheep… right?

There’s gold in California and yes I signed a few $300-$500 loans back in the day however the difference between the usual $250 fee and the excess $50-$250 was kicked in by the loan officer. I’m sure that still goes on but I just don’t see it.

AGREED! They get away with it because people allow it. Cost of printing/faxing, travel, etc You cant even earn enough to stay in business.