Signing Agent ASAP?

Also FYI…if you don’t unsubscribe the emails come almost every day. I had to unsubscribe twice now.
Another thing that is suspicious about this company is that there is no phone number or address on their site; not even for the “companies”.
I’m interested to see if anyone gets work from this place–please keep us updated!

1 Like

I found Notary Cafe for the first time today by looking up reviews for Signing Agents ASAP. It looks like we are all in the same boat in that the company doesnt have the track record to be a “trusted” source. I do want to disagree with some of you that have stated that the site has a bad business model or is a “scam”. Undercutting the competition that will take a percentage of everything you do by charging you a single yearly subscription fee is a perfectly legitimate business model. Do you get more less frequently or do you get less constantly? Depending on the market, one will always beat out the other. If you want to judge something as a scam, particular a site using this type of business model, one good indicator is the type of profiles that you see. If they have NO profiles after 2 months, that is actually a good indicator they are NOT a scam. You can surmise that there really is a good hearted business person behind the website because they aren’t trying to lure you in with fake profiles. This does not guarantee that they are legit, but it is one indicator in their favor. If you have questions about the site, ask through their help email address. Starting a website, particularly on a budget, is not an easy thing to do. If you want another resource to grow your business, dig into this site a little bit before you poo poo it. You might find it is going to be the nest best thing since sliced bread.

If you paid for the Pro membership on Notary Cafe you paid something. So an annual fee request isn’t a fair indicator. Still, I’d like to know more about this company.

I am new to the notary arena and it is very interesting to hear some of the ways notaries try to market their services. My background is in marketing and a mobile notary in my area (Philadelphia) told me she would prefer to get calls from prospective clients and pay only for calls and not for “marketing”, SEO or directory listings with tons of competitors. So I started a mobile notary program that we are testing in Philadelphia to provide live calls directly to one mobile notary in each area. These live calls will go directly to the mobile notaries phone. We will charge a small fee for each call. No long-term contracts. Just a pay as you go if you like how it is working for you. We are going to roll this program out across the US over the coming months. Meanwhile I’m on Notary Cafe to learn as much as possible about the mobile notary business. Any feedback you have is welcome.

Have you received any signings from Signing Agents ASAP? I am curious to know if they are a legitimate company. Would you say it was worth it?

I am thinking about signing up, too, but I’m feeling a little skittish. $35 is almost a tank and half of gas!

I have not received any signing from them so I wouldnt be the best to answer.

I wish somebody would have stopped me from signing up with them. I have not received a single call since I signed up in June. Save your money.

Hello,

I also received an email from Signing Agent ASAP. I decline in signing up with them for a fee. I have been a Notary for ten year and I never paid a fee.

I also received the email I think Notary Café needs to investigate this? Maybe rcsilverman needs to reach out to someone at Notary Café to call them
Hoping you all will let us know
Thanks Dee

Its appears like this company is very new. (If its a company at all) However; seem as though many of us on here do have a bit of years experience. Paying for a membership is one thing, but paying to receive assignments is a “NO GO”. If a company can’t reveal their identity, something is definitely wrong. Seemingly everyone is being solicited at the same time, is that coincidental? Once I open my email and saw the fee and no info, I deleted immediately. Your first intuition is always right… Please don’t waste your money.

Thank you all for taking the time to comment. I have received 3 emails from Signing Agent ASAP and haven’t been able to find anything about them. I’m always a bit leary of any site that requires a fee without giving a free trial period, or offering a free version to list. I’ve yet to find any signing agents that have actually obtained assignments through them…

I am new to Notary Cafe but a Notary since 1983. Just as the “signing agents” began appearing all over the place to sign us up and take most all the fee that title companies were willing to pay for the Notary (leaving us to make practically minimum wage), I believe more companies like Signing Agent ASAP will begin popping up. About a year ago I started receiving these text messages of a notary job in my area and they were paying $150 !! I missed it. Then about 3 days later I got another text from this same company offering another notary job in my area for $150…missed that one too. Then the third one appeared just as I was in Messages. I clicked the ACCEPT button within 1 second later. Guess what … I missed it too. Then I get this email from the same company. I am almost positive it was Notary Network… Their email said if I “joined” their network for $24 a year, I would be assured notary jobs in my area at top price of at least $150!! …“become a Premier Signing Agent with us!” Sounded great and much better than these $50 jobs wanting us to drive 50 miles one way and sign 150 pages. So, I paid my $24 to them the next day. I am sure you know the end of this story … I never heard from them again!! They were out for my $24 !! I will not join one of these companies again with a fee unless I can see a website and call a number and hear from other notaries that it is legit. I do believe that this will be the next new thing though. I understand it could work…someone earlier posed an option of why they can’t take it out of the first check for notary services… if they would do that, I would think they are legit.

It is my opinion that it is nothing more than a scam. I get then all the time by several companies posing to provide closings for a fee. The first thing I think about is if the company is so great then why do I have to pay them for them to pay me? I have been in the business for 28 years and I’ve come across scams like that before. It’s as old as multi level marketing. A company that makes the claim that you can make a fortune with them if you only bought their training or set up package. In my opinion such a company has very little else to offer beyond the setup package. Furthermore like a good stock like enron that gets praise in major stock publications and turns out to be a ponzi scheme. If such a signing agency had a write up in some paper legitimizing it. Even then you still need to be a skeptic. However, if they had solid agreements with national title companies that guarantied them exclusive business then and only then would they have a saleable core competency. That would be a company that I would pay the fee. But that’s not how the industry works. No one company can guaranty to cover all the orders for the same rate. It’s impossible. Take Loan Depot for instance. How many signing companies did LD Escrow assign orders too in the past two years. Most of whom fell by the wayside because they couldn’t provide the level of service needed to maintain such a large responsibility. That is why exclusivity wouldn’t work in this industry thus allowing a company to promote its core competency in order to legitimize charging signing agents a sign up fee.

I NEVER PAY ANY COMPANY TO GET ME JOBS AND I STAY TOTALLY BUSY EVERY MONTH. AS LONG AS YOU ARE REGISTERED WITH NATIONAL NOTARY ASSOCIATION THEY GET YOUR NAME AND CALL YOU. WHEN YOU SEE THE PRICES THEY WANT TO PAY THAT IS WHAT THEY WISH THEY COULD PAY SO THEY CAN KEEP THE REST OF THE MONEY BEING CHARGED. YOU NEGOTIATE EACH JOB WITH THEM WHEN THEY OFFER. I TELL THEM I WON’T WORK FOR LESS THAN $ 100 EVEN IF IT IS 23 PAGES. THE TIME SPENT ND LIABILITIES YOU HAVE IS WORTH THAT AND MORE. A REAL PRICE FOR YOUR WORK SHOULD BE $ 125 IF YOU DON’T HAVE TO FAX BACK. SO JUST REMEMBER THE PRICE THEY TELL YOU, THEY ARE EXPECTING You’re TO NEGOTIATE HIGHER IN THE FIRST PLACE.

5 Likes

Sent an email asking for more information no response, that was a month ago and every call directs you to email. I will pass.

I have seen there stuff as well, and reviewed the website. I also, as many of you, checked on Notaryrotary, 123Notary and here on Notary Cafe about them and the opinion seems unanimous. Nothing more than a scam. Here is a contact email I sent them on their website:

Good morning. Signing Agent ASAP,

I have seen your emails now for a while. While enticing, I am not inclined to join your group. A couple of reasons for that. Nobody has heard of you ever sending out an assignment, and I have checked you out on several respected Notary sites and no one has yet to work for you.

Second, I have been a notary for about 6 years now, and I have never paid a fee from a title company or agency for my work. I have advertised on several, with great results, as well.

I suggest you drop your (unreasonable) fee to zero, sign up a bunch of us and show us some results from you supposed superior services. I think you’d find a bunch of us ready to work with you.

THEN, once you’ve established your company as reliable and legitimate, user fees or registrations for a higher level of assignments, preferred listings, and the rest may have some credibility among us.

For now, the majority of those with whom I’ve corresponded regarding Signing Agent ASAP consider you to be nothing more than a SCAM. Not really where you want to be, now is it?

I don’t expect an answer to this email, but I can assure you, all of us would greatly welcome a source that pays as well as you claim to do. Now prove it to us, and we’ll sign up in droves. Until then…you’re just not getting our attention.

Sincerely,

Wonder if I hear from them. I’ll let you all know.

Larry Menzel
Northfield, MN

1 Like

If it’s true about 35,000 notaries in their network and they charge $36/yr for a listing in their network (which is all I think this service is-not unlike signingagent.com owned by NNA), then they are grossing over $1.2 million/year on subscriptions. They are not necessarily a signing company, but a listing company, advertising that you get the full fee, if you are found and contacted by someone using their listing service. So, they read the notary forums and see how often we discuss “low ball fees”. They use this as a “baited hook” to get us to “bite” because it is a hot topic for many of us. There is no proof they are marketing their “network” to those needing it (title cos, escrow cos, etc.). And if so, are they charging them access as well? If you need a tax deduction for “advertising”, feel free to join, but I think those same funds would be better spent on a tank of gas in marketing yourself to title cos, escrow cos & others in your market.

1 Like

BOGUS OFFER

Scamming notaries for fees and representing high potential signing fees for years on his numerous “notary directories”. I’m sure he does pretty well at it. His name is RUSLANAS KARNISOVAS.

He has several websites.

(found online and reposted here).

I’ve been getting emails daily from Signing Agent ASAP since activating my notary. I decided to join them on December 31 and paid $25. I received a receipt, phone number and email to contact them if I had questions. I waited until January 2 and tried to access the website and was unable to access the website even though this website worked on December 31, I also sent email and it failed. No one ever picks up the phone. This company is a SCAM. PLEASE STAY AWAY.

1 Like

I have done signings for them via snapdocs and they only pay the standard 100.00.I will not pay anyone a upfront fee to get closings. that is a blatent ripoff and abuse to the desperate people who are looking for work. If you are a good notary, they should be begging you to sign up with them.
I am tired of saying on this forum" If you want to get paid higher, take no closing for less than $100.00. You can keep on struggling if you want to. I absolutely do not take any closings less than $100.00

1 Like