Signing up to Closing Exchange CXChoice

Hey everyone,
I am having difficulty signing up to The Closing Exchange. I am signing up on this page CXChoice but when I put in my SSN it does not accept it. Not too sure why this is happening, I don’t have a company or company tax ID setup yet I want to expand my business before I set up an LLC.

1 Like

If/when their site works for you, all is well. I’ve had issues with it for a year, have e-mailed/spoken & chatted with them. They’ve known for at least a year now that it is hinky…and, I was told ‘we’re working on it’…but have never seen any improvement. So I de-listed myself as the repetitive lowball offers for way out of my area were simply more annoying than the VERY, VERY FEW that were finally accepted after 1/2 dozen or more too low offers. Honestly, I don’t miss them a bit and haven’t wanted to throw my PC out the window since I de-listed myself with them.

4 Likes

Thanks for your response. Seems like I’m not missing out on much.

2 Likes

Just as a side thought, you should not be giving your social security number to anybody. You should be using an EIN that you can get from irs.gov in 5 minutes.

6 Likes

Good point, Linda. here’s the 20 characters needed to post

2 Likes

Save yourself a lot of headaches. Their fees are very low and their website is a train wreck.

4 Likes

Please don’t use your social security number on these sites, get an ITIN from the IRS. Protect yourself. And that signing service is one of the low ball ones and one I would avoid.

4 Likes

Add the dashes and consider getting an ein

I didn’t know about that I need to get that for sure!

@jennjoneis Excellent!

For your own safety/protection, never share your social security number with clients.

Always use an Employer Identification Number [EIN]. It’s easy & quite simple to obtain one [and there’s no fee] for your business [either under your name or a business name] by going to the IRS website. Here’s the direct url link: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/apply-for-an-employer-identification-number-ein-online

======

You may also find these threads helpful: :sparkles:

1 Like