Signings just dropped

I am sorry the signings have dropped in your area! How many companies are you signed up with? Just a mere suggestion, consider signing up with multiple companies so that you can take advantage of more opportunities! I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Well, according to his YouTube channel they’re making between 10k-16k per month. :flushed: Must be nice.

1 Like

Jerome powell said interest rates are going up 3-4 times this year? I just assisted on home purchase. Interest rate was at 6%. I felt bad, it is what it is, we are a neutral party. Hope they refinance soon. Seem’s like FED’s trying to get rid of the pandemic loan discounts…

1 Like

I’m pretty new, I have signed up with about 30 so far. Im working on a few lists, trying to make sure I will get paid!

1 Like

I have signed up for only 5to 6 companies, the well known ones. Can someone tell me who else I can sign up for . I live in Rochester New York?

@rcgcjcjc

Excellent query. Of course, it’s been posed myriad times over the years on the Notary Cafe forum. Thus, your answers await you in the Notary Cafe database! :sparkles:

You can run a Search (upper right/magnifying glass) as it will probably be quicker than waiting for someone to reply.

Here are the results of the quick Search I found for you by typing “best companies” in the Search field:

https://forum.notarycafe.com/search?q=best%20companies

Take the time to review each url link on that page for information on your topic within the threads (on the page referenced above).

======
Please know that each of us contributes our time-proven experience & expertise. We are very busy business owners; either working with clients OR marketing/developing our business.

It’s so important for each member to endeavor to perform due diligence prior to requesting the valuable time of other business owners.

Searching the Notary Cafe database for the answer (that’s more than likely already present) prior to creating a new thread or post is being considerate, thoughtful, & respectful of other members. Saves everyone time & prevents consternation. :sparkles:

Wishing you the best!

P.S. You may also find this link helpful:

2 Likes

Almost all of my signings are same day since October. Old Republic sometimes gives me next day notice but more often than not I get called in last minute for a signing in the evening, with either next day or same day office drop.

What a con those programs are.

2 Likes

When you are just starting out or when signing is slow, try taking weekends and evening jobs if you can.
When I first starting out I was willing to work on weekends and evening hrs. Those days and hrs were not desirable for busy notaries. Now I take weekends off and no more late night closing.

1 Like

Yah and what I have always noticed is that now they don’t want to pay you anything, and they treat you in a ridiculous manner, late docs which can ruin your day and you hang in because you that appointment. Then shipping changes - I live in a rural area so getting docs to a shipper is a particular trip. Can anyone explain why with business so slow title can’t get docs out on time, never update you or the borrowers. Well they never did anyway, Never did get why they wouldn’t schedule more realistically and update professionally.

Your training company should have provided you with a list of about 100 companies.

2 Likes

From what Title has frequently indicated, they are often waiting on docs from the Lender. Each cog in the wheel is dependent on the person before him.

1 Like

Sane here. It’s happened before.

Refinance loans represent the majority of loan signing assignments, so I pay attention to current interest rates. Borrowers flock to refi when rates are more favorable (lower). When rates start climbing back up, refi volume tapers.

https://rates.bankrate.com/

3 Likes

LSS graduate, here. I’d say it’s a small minority of LSS students who make six figures, buts that’s due to the notaries and their relative effort, and not due to the course or mentorship, in my opinion.

I do know several LSS graduates who have not been below $10,000 a month in a long time, some of whom have gone on to earn much more by starting their own signing services.

I’m at mid four figures monthly after a year, and I intend to make six figures this year. It’s actually very doable, LSS course or not. Just three $150 signings per day, on average.

Building direct relationships is the key, as I think you agree, based on your previous posts.

6 Likes

Concurred. This is what I said as well.

2 Likes

I am so happy to hear about these successful notaries. I’m inspired. I am also looking into the possibility of starting my own Signing Services as well:) :pray::crossed_fingers:t3:

Yes, very doable. Congratulations. With your goal in plan you will get there. If you work smart not hard, and focus you can even do about $900-$1,000 a day. Very reachable goal indeed. Imagine making average $900 a day! Visualize this goal. I have done over 2k a day only once or twice. One max was $2,900 in one day, but my fees were high between $200-400 back then. I’ll never see that again I’m sure due to the market. It was not worth it. It was brutal. Only do what you can handle. Staying healthy is most important.

1 Like

5 figures monthly = 6 figures annually. 10,000 x 12 = 120,000. So you are already making your goal.

Yes, it will be up and down, and different markets have different results.

Have you tried diversifying? Look into inspections, and other side gigs, don’t put all expectations to make $$ in the same market. What about GNW?

Go to notarycoach.com Bill is the king of making $$ no matter what!

Good luck

2 Likes