So Long, Amrock - it's been fun

Hi Glenn - How many calls do you average a week with those parameters in place? Do you think it hurts or hinders your offers to do more, or no? Which company’s give you the most opportunities? I’m a newbie from NJ BTW…and just looking to be educated in general. Thanks in advance.

I only do 3-4 per week. Yes, it stops me from doing signings. I cannot make any money doing them at low prices. We are self-employed therefore we pay 15.3% social security from signings plus taxes which on the low end would be another at least 10%. You also have to buy a copier. So take out 25% taxes, plus paper, plus toner, plus gas, plus oil changes, plus tires, etc. You get the picture. Bottom line is you end up spending more than you make. You are working for below nothing. All companies are about the same. They most want you to work for nothing.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply, Glenn. :smile: ITA with what your saying. It does make total sense. Would you ever consider doing RON assignments? Am starting there first as opposed to the more traditional way. I’ve only ever done closings in Title Offices many moons ago, so I’m reinserting myself back into the industry so to speak.

I actually just did a hybrid with Quicken. Amrock contacted me and sent me an application, i filled it out immediately, then he responded, “we cant work with you, let us know when you hit your 1 year mark”… Ummmm ok, Ive actually done several Amrock signings thru Snapdocs…

Very similar thing happened to me, they reached out to me, did all the paperwork, etc, then he emailed me back and told me to call them when I reach my 1 year mark…

I recently learned notary fees are not subject to self-employment tax. So if I keep track of how many notarizations I do for each signing, multiplied by the amount my state allows for each notarization, I can deduct that from my payment for self employment taxes. The total, less my expenses, is subject to income tax though.

3 Likes

I have my first hybrid assignment on the 19th of March. I did the quick tutorial training they sent me, but I’m not confident that it’s as easy peasy as it looks. For starters I know I need my own lap top plus a hot spot and I will need to print a small package. Someone else on this post stated that it’s always a good idea to make sure the signers have access to wifi and most importantly a laptop or computer because a smart phone will not work for hybrids.

Can you give me any other information that may be of help to me. Thanks in advance

1 Like

If you don’t mind asking @lillyaclark.19 how much are they paying for those hybrids?.. because Amrock wants me to do it, and maybe that’s the reason why I’m seeing less signings from them.

Its$10 less than regular signings and the reason for it because you are printing way less pages.

Do you also, spend less time with borrowers?.. because that’s time consuming

I thought the point was for us to take our laptop or iPad so the borrowers can sign the documents when you sign in with your own password into the portal.

1 Like

I didn’t end up doing it because I appointment was cancelled. Maybe next time.

Notary gadget will keep track of all your notarizations. At the end of the year you print a report that lists all your earnings from signings, mileage, expenses and notary fees. You can give that paper to your accountant including your 1099s. You can also claim either your Gas and maintenance OR mileage whichever is a higher amount.

You may not live in an area saturated with notaries, and you may not be trying to make a full time living as a notary.

My experience has been the more “low ball” signings I do the more money I lose. Most only make it a year or less with “low ball”. Then a new group comes and lasts less than a year. It’s over and over. I would rather work one signing (much less expense) that 3 or 4 signings ending with the same money. But we all have to make our own decisions.

1 Like

Every Amrock signing notification I’ve received has been for a hybrid for $10, yes ten dollars. At first I thought it was a typo, but I those are the only requests I get.

Am I missing something here?

I signed up and was accepted. I get notifications on my mobile app and respond immediately and the jobs are already filled. I’ve been called a couple of times, but it was such short notice I couldn’t accept the assignment. From what I’ve read, I think I’ll cross them off my list.

The print fee is $10, in addition to the base fee.

2 Likes

Check the rates you have listed on your profile, via the Amrock app.

1 Like

That makes so much more sense, then. I think I’ll try one and go from there. Thank you!