So Long, Amrock - it's been fun

Last year, I did a lot of hybrids for Amrock - like $1000 - $1200 per week. I got what I considered a barely fair rate, definitely on the low side of acceptable, but I had the process down to a science and generally was able to fit them in between regular signings, so all was good. I took a number of long distance, tricky regular refi’s for them as well, got many grateful thanks, etc. etc.

In January, suddenly nothing. I checked my rates - same as last year. Checked my rating - still A, 100%. I called Partner Management, emailed… nothing. No response. Nada.

Ooookay. I can take a slap upside the head as well as the next NSA. Its all about saving $10 or $15 bucks, rather than the quality of the completed work and the reliability of the signing agent.

Guess I’ll wait until the next time they call me because no one else will drive halfway up the mountain at 10 pm to find a tiny log cabin at the end of a long narrow dirt switchback.

Care to guess what my answer will be?

8 Likes

I do a lot for Amrock too but lately I have only been doing paper something must be changing because I have not seen a hybrid for maybe 2 weeks. We might all be on the same boat

2 Likes

I took the time to complete an application at the invitation of Amrock when I completed over a year of signings. I was so disappointed when they sent their flat rates to me- Even as a newbie they were offering about half of what I was getting on average during my first year as a signing agent. I told them I couldn’t afford to work for them.

3 Likes

I wonder if they lost the contract with Quicken.

I’m still doing Quicken paper not as many as before I’m doing Chase mostly I thought maybe they might be switching platforms

1 Like

I used to get good amount of signings from them, as a newbie they kept me busy until the day I asked for more money… short story short, I was allowed to get an extra $6 :roll_eyes: and at the highest rate in my area. I only accept their offers when they call me, thus I can negotiate for $125 up

1 Like

I still do quite a few for AMROCK. I only take those they call me on. that way I get my base fee ( I dont budge on this and it is more than $125) Recently they have sent me some hybrids. I learned on my first one that whoever is scheduling these hasn’t a clue! You can’t do a hybrid just because someone tells you they have a computer. Having one and knowing how to use it are 2 different things. Or, asking an 80 year old man if he has access to the internet without finding out that he only has a smart phone and is not too savvy with it. My last three Hybrids had to be changed to paper.

2 Likes

I don’t go out of the house for less than $200 if there is one page or 175 pages. There’s a pandemic. Extra for scan backs. Extra for Friday evenings and weekends. Extra for same day signings. Extra for out of town. You can find in the the docs what they signing companies are being paid. There’s a pandemic.

5 Likes

I don’t answer any texts or emails. I answer the phone when they call me. They only call me when they cannot find anyone else. They call me at the “last minute” or on Friday evening, weekends, etc. I am the last one on the list. So when they call me, I get my price. My minimum is $200 with one day advance in town with no scan backs.

4 Likes

I did a Quicken Refi 10 days ago and it was 100.00 in Houston and I’m a newbie. so not sure what that is? I have a couple of other questions do I ask them in the particular areas.

1 Like

I do not do hybrid Closings. To me they are a nuisance and take up too much time and effort. I am paper all the way. I love working for AmRock.

1 Like

I have never done an Amrock signing and I have no wish to apply. All I hear is how low their rates are and that if you have the slightest error they “grade” you and you lose points or something? Or suspend you? I didn’t get into this business to be treated like a third grader by a company that won’t pay what I’m worth. I do not understand why people work for them.

5 Likes

Amrock has been great for me! They ebb and flow with the interest rates, January was slow for me with a lot of lenders. Hang in there! If you’ve been doing this for a while you know it’s not consistent. Remember Quicken and Amrock are the biggest in our country :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes, their pay isn’t so great, but I use them for fillers or weekend work. I’ve been getting quite a bit in February. Even 1 for 200$ when they called me and it only took 15 mins.
I love the hybrids. Mine have all been Hybrids since I’ve worked with them. I can do 2-3 in less than an hour and be back home. I also stay within a 5-10 mile radius of my office.

3 Likes

I’m with you Scott. I have taken those hybrid signings and they are a pain. You spend just as much time with the signer as if they are paper. And then . . . . if the signer has not completed the process, you, the NSA get the “Wrath of AMROCK”.

2 Likes

Good to know, because I’m about to start doing it… they called me to ask if I’m interested. I guess they don’t have many NSAs in my area to cover for hybrids. Maybe I’ll keep myself busy on weekends

YES MA’AM!!! I had one Hybrid with Amrock this past Friday. E-signing was put in as complete, I was directed to only print and use the Wet Signing to complete. After my 1.5 hour drive there, they called me 15 minutes into the signing and said they made a mistake and needed both packets filled out at the signing, even the signers were confused. So what I was told would be a 30 minute signing, plus my 3 hr roundtrip drive, turned into a 2 hour signing plus the 3 hr roundtrip drive. I was accommodated a fee I felt was appropriate. At first they offered $100, I countered my over $200 fee, they accepted. But I lost money on that hybrid signing with Amrock and of course they would not accommodate anymore money than what they agreed to. I understand that is in their agreement, but that was the first and last hybrid signing with Amrock for me. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m with Scott, Kathy & Amye on these hybrids…for all the reasons stated.

I just started with Amrock and I get request up to 5 day sometimes I’m fixing to do my first hybrid for them on Sat the 13th I have been trained on Pasavo but have not done a signing yet any hints on what to expect I’m confused by amrocks directions will there be a link that I will access on the portal at time of signing

Amrock sent me a request to apply so I did went through all their Dang paperwork sent over everything for them to email me back and tell me that there not looking for anyone in my state.

2 Likes