So Long, Amrock - it's been fun

This was my experience on several of the Hybrid loans that I did for Amrock. The person scheduling the signing does not know the signer is not tech savy or they do not care. I show up confirm they know how to sign the electronic documents or did and they say yes. Several times they did not know and the closing did not occur because they did no esign the documents. I started staying an extra 30-40 minutes after we sign the paper documents to make sure the esign portion is done because guess who gets hit with a low score if the signer does not esign the documets? Me!

1 Like

This is exactly why I am deleting my profile with them. They do not accept responsibility for their technical issues. Instead they blame you and lower your score without telling you. Definitely being treated like a grade school studentā€¦and I taught middle school.

Yes, you definetly get the Amrock Wrath when itā€™s not your fault. So glad I am hearing this from other NSAā€™s. Thought it was just me. Thank you!

Just a note, and it may only be a coincidence . . . . . . I have not received ANY job offers from AMROCK since making my first post in this thread. I checked online and my rating is still 100%. Hmmmm . . . .

2 Likes

Recently many agents were called and asked what the concerns were from their point of view re: Amrocks processā€¦I let them know that I felt the push notifications were too brief, that in my opinion they were very punitive, and it stemmed from not responding quickly enough to check in, check out, etc.
They brought on thousands of new agents and quietly abandoned their current loyal base. The person I spoke to said he had heard those same concerns from multiple agents. I have not heard from them since. Today I emailed and asked if we were done so I can move on and they told me my score was low. Why? No reason. So they may be a huge company but if everyone experiences the same ghosting from a major company is this acceptable?

1 Like

I was contacted by Amrock, completed their paperwork but had to negotiate their low fees. They told me I would not receive as many job offers as other notaries who have accepted their proposed fees. I said thatā€™s okay. We agreed on a set of fees I could live with. Have done several hybrids with them, reduced printing, never scan backs, 1/2 the sign time with borrower. I bring my laptop. You have to hook up hot spot link between laptop and phone, and youā€™re good.

Amrock hardly calls me. Once I received a call, accepted the assignment, contacted the borrower to confirm, then the morning of signing Amrock canceled the assignment. When I called the borrower to let them know I would not be coming, borrower said she knew and that she was told by Amrock rep that they had to replace me due to my fees when she said she wanted to sign with me. (I had a very pleasant conversation with borrower at time of confirmation)

I called Amrock vendor support rep who said they had no idea why I would have been replaced, perhaps it was a mis-communication. I have not agreed to take other assignments from them and wonā€™t.

2 Likes

Telling the customer that might be the worst of the storyā€¦yikesā€¦I never share title issues with the customerā€¦one when one door closesā€¦

1 Like

That just shows there is NO regard for the LSA. NONE
It would be nice if someone in HIGH places reads this and corrects this.

Never was any loyalty & never will be. We all must remember that fact.

2 Likes

After 10 years of managing contractors followed by 15 years of being one (yes, we Notaries, by virtue of the contract established by acceptance of an assignment and fee, are contractors), I speak from authority when I tell you this:

Loyalty does not exist in the business to independent contractor relationship.

What does exist, however, is confidence. Prove that you are reliable, that you perform flawlessly, and that you understand the importance of constant communication. (In other words, that the employee who chose you will not lose face for doing so - that they can confidently do so again.) You will continue to get assignments.

If you screw up, that person may defend you - but they are really defending their decision to contract with you. And they will not appreciate being put in that position again.

1 Like

Punitive is the perfect word for Amrock. I had the support two signerā€™s whoā€™s esign account were setup incorrectly and one not at all. The documents had the husbandā€™s name on them when they should have had the wifeā€™s name. Although Amrock makes numerous mistakes they find a way to blame the notary. I stopped doing signing for them after their punitive behavior cost me money. Never again!

1 Like

agreed they want perfection while we must accept mistakes cancellations late payā€¦a bit lopsided.

1 Like

I called Amrock and they told me the average for a Refi in Nashville, TN was $65. Because my fee is set at $100, Iā€™ve never gotten a call in the 3 months since I signed up and took all those training courses. Wow. I canā€™t believe people are out here doing Refis for $65. Sucks for them.

1 Like

I ran into a NSA who has an office in SA. Itā€™s one of those executive suite places. They had signers come into that office. I think they give them the option? I figure they either pay me hat NSA a flat fee ? Definitely less than what they used to pay me Iā€™m sure. If you do the math on it ā€¦ If they can save 10 a signing x 6000 or 8000 signings a day that is worth it to them. Same for me last year they were my second biggest account and this year I only do a few here and there. I can get 30 to 50 percent more with other companies.

If that NSA is not a title agent or an attorney, Iā€™m not sure that fulfills the statutory requirement. I think thereā€™s a reason to have it done at a title office or attorneyā€™s office.

Iā€™m also in Nashville and I get them all day for over a hundred. Iā€™m not sure why they quoted you that.

I actually turned down a ā€œcash outā€ that they wanted to do in a Regus type placeā€¦ I didnā€™t think it satisfied state requirements and really really want to keep my certification. Amrock was ?? aware of itā€¦
I asked Amrock for $5 more one time and got an irritating email that I get the most allowable in my county. Crazy. But they will call me for one doc for more money than I get for 130 pages.

1 Like

All I can do is shake my head.

1 Like

It should be 65$ plus the $25.00 print fee.
Their signings are super easy and quick.
Only have to print 1 copy for Rocket loans.
I stay within a 15 mile radius of my home office and get plenty of work.
I enjoy working with Amrock!

1 Like

No, they said $65 with a print fee of $10. 15 miles? Must be nice. I cover 4 counties around Nashville and still donā€™t get alerts from them. I recently lowered my fee and now Iā€™m getting 1-2 alerts a week lol.