Successful without using SnapDocs?

Hello Houston Neighbor… Good luck in you business.

I am on SnapDocs as well. I am in Harris county as well. I have been trying to get my first loan signing for the last three months. It is very tough getting work with the signing companies. I am fully credentialed and I am a former mortgage loan officer of more than 15 years. However, that does not matter to the signing companies. Nevertheless, I will not give up.

1 Like

Hi Noble, It could be the area or the fact that you are a new notary, as I am. However, We should never give up. Good Luck, and God bless your endeavors.

1 Like

Same to you!!! I’ve got an email from Snapdocs that I haven’t read yet. I wrote them over the weekend. My bond still shows up as missing, although I have it uploaded twice, trying to get it to show as verified. My background check had already been verified, but someone wrote that they marked out their address on their background check. That’s a good idea, so I contacted Snapdocs and they said it was ok, so I uploaded a “redacted” one several days ago. However, it was still showing as pending on Saturday. Hopefully this email will be good news.

Hello and glad to have you here!

1 Like

I thought I replied with the below, not sure where it went.

I do want to mention one thing about Snapdocs that helped me with the title companies that DO only use Snapdocs to hire notaries. Ok so… Snapdocs does not allow a search by my name, which is weird. Only by zip code or location. And when I do the zip code, I’m on the 9th page in the search :frowning: . So I logged in and went to my credentials or profile in Snapdocs. Both have an area to send an email to someone who you want to share your credentials or profile with. This way the agent gets the email directly with your Snapdoc profile and doesnt have to search for you when they need a notary. This totally worked! I did this with two people so far and a week later sure enough, I received an order through SnapDocs. You can even custom your message to them. The Escrow Agents want us to make there life as easy and convenient as possible. They arent going to spend time trying to search us out on Snapdocs with our business card. They dont have time, they want to just have the info on hand. If they have a direct email from Snapdocs with your profile and direct info, your one click away. easy.

4 Likes

I liked your concept of sending an e-mail thru SnapDocs and just tried. It only seems to work with companies you’ve NEVER previously worked with thru SD, so it is suspect that SD will most likely then solicit that co. At the very least, you’d be promoting SD to someone who doesn’t currently use that goofy platform.

4 Likes

I cannot remember where I received the info I’m going to share as I have watched so many videos and read tons online. But I understand that the “magic number” for SnapDocs is 20 signings. I was told to log all of my signings in there regardless of the signing service, title company etc. that gave you the assignment. I haven’t made it to 20 yet since I’m a newbie, but they said the gates opened once you have 20 under your belt. Don’t give up!

3 Likes

I did 9 signings on friday & 8 on thursday, 4 Sat., 4 Monday, 6 today. None of those are through Snapdocs. They are a waste of time with them. Go sign-up more companies. Don’t put all your eggs in 1 basket.

3 Likes

Yes, never give up! People have put some great tips in this thread, I’m definitely taking heed…

2 Likes

Great info!! Thanks so much! Noted!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! That makes sense… I was thinking it had to do with the log of signings. I will log my signings there and see what happens.

1 Like

Noted! Thanks for chiming in!

1 Like

How long have you been a notary?

1 Like

I’ve been a notary since Jan 2020 and NSA on SnapDocs since Mar 2020.

Up until a few months ago I was getting a lot of alerts from Snap Docs. Now not much at all. Overall business has slowed a lot, but I still get a few requests a day from various companies.

Logging signings onto Snap Doc’s that you do for other signing services or title companies does not increase your count for signings done on Snap Doc’s. Only signings given through there platform count in snap doc’s algorithm. You are just telling snap doc’s who else you work for so that they can try to recruit them to snap doc’s platform. Please don’t do this! It hurts us all! The only way to increase your signings on snap doc’s is to be patient. Took me years to build a comfortable living at this. If you think you can jump in and be making a living in 6 months somebody misinformed you. Most of my signing are not on Snap Doc’s.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification on the SnapDocs logging. That’s good to know.

No one has actually told me of quick success in the notary business as that’s not what I was expecting. I’ve been a notary just over a year and a half and I actually have other sources of income. Was just seeking to expand more as a notary and get more insight on SnapDocs from different notaries. Thanks for your input.

to fill in yes. I have completed 100 plus on snapdocs the last year. good for fill in but low ball offers I counter every one

1 Like

Hi Cari, whereabouts in Northern California are you? I am in Shasta Co. As someone who worked in escrow, I can tell you getting vetted into their system will help you get signings quicker with the TCs.

A word to newbies is to contact the notary or vendor department of the TC and find out how to become one of their notaries. I can assure you business is booming in 2021 and I had a hard time in my system cold calling folks the past year or so who got out of the business or couldn’t do my signing that were vetted. Those that responded and were reliable earned a great chunk of my signings and were dialed first!

3 Likes