TC/SS Greed

I’m working on creating passive income, that’s the ultimate goal!! :money_mouth_face::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Totally agree. All FB and YouTube are full of the how to make 6 fig crap

3 Likes

The business has been sold as a get rick scheme by people who were in the biz and saw the slow down coming after 2020. 2020 was an exceptional year and one I have never seen in my 12 years in the business.

Can you tell me who sold it as an easy get rich scheme?

Google how to become a NSA, these programs make ridiculous promises

It is funny to me how newbies are usually blamed for the low baller fees being offered. But there are many seasoned NSA’s taking those low baller fees because signing is their only income; so it becomes a hustle especially when business is slow, and they take whatever they get to make that money. It is very difficult for newbies to get signing offers. I know because I have been there, I had to use other methods like writing directly to TCs and introducing myself because that blast thing was not working for me, even if I responded immediately. So lets give the NEWBIES a break. Also, I found that TCs are holding one head when it comes to paying fees. This is supplemental income for me and I do not take any signing that’s further than 20mins from my home because it is not worth it.

7 Likes

I might have missed that even people like Mark Wills don’t say that, what I heard is that you have to work hard to produce successful results but you have the potential to do really well based on your efforts and how you execute your business. I’ve never heard anyone say or even read that It was quick and easy.

6 Likes

Yes many new people new in the biz bought that.

I am a newbie, commissioned for a almost 2 years and signing agent for a year and when I get notifications for like 95 for a refi, I know something is wrong, I check the location it is 2 hours away from me. That is a 4 hour round trip not included the time at the the table. Gas is $4.00 a gallon at Costco and well over $4.00 in other places. That is not including your Ink and paper. This makes no financial sense to me. I rather go Instacart or Grubhub hub around town instead of the signing
I still work a full-time job so I just say I am.not available. I got a notice today for a reverse mortgage for $40.00 a countered for $100.00 did not get it, I just do not understand if people are full-time how are they living off of the rates they are being paid.

1 Like

I had this happen to me before and it was 4 signers when I got the docs I was not told that but everyone was not on the loan. I called the company and I stated that they did not divulge that information and the SS was like you need a reassign I said fine by me and I will shred the one copy I made then I got another call and was told since they were all in the same home I just needed to make one copy. I do not like that sneaky stuff either you be up front or find somebody else I do not have time for games. Bit I found it interesting the SS was like oh well but another representative from the SS called must have been higher up than the person that did not give a hoot. We invest alot into our business and they will respect mines or move on

Every company seems to be pulling the same. There are companies that I have worked with for a very longtime wanting me to lower my fees. Won’t do it. They can have the less experienced and the problems that go with them. They all have told me I am rated A+. I have 40 years of lending experience. That is worth something! They have been making money hand over fist but I should lower my fees for them. Too bad my contract with them means nothing. Personally, I’d rather work less than work for nothing.

1 Like

Business is business and they/we are always looking out for our bottom line. I have been doing signings for 20 years and companies have dropped me and I’ve drop them. Currently there is a list of 7 signing services I refuse to work for. It’s our right, and theirs, to choose who we want to do business with.

2 Likes

Can you share these companies so we can stay clear of them. Please and thank you

LOL I make a pretty good living in this industry and yes I accept signings from $75-$150. As with many industries there is competition and I make sure my fees are very competitive. I’ve been doing this for only 2 years and was able to quit my job to do this full time. 2 reasons why you aren’t making a good living as an NSA… 1. The area you live in is slow or 2. You’re the greedy one.

3 Likes

I am looking for a more stable job too.
I am getting less and less assignments even though I do error free signings, always on time, never call off, have some thumbs ups even from the companies, not just from the signers.

And, even when I accept a $100 job, I see “notary fee $135 or $150” on ALTA.

Also, i had couple cancellations later. The cancelations were done by the lenders and clients, and I dont get paid for my time. I commit to the job, decline some other assignments and they cancel it an hour prior to the appointment.
Not sure if I like this job anymore.
Let me know if you find a one stable place to work at and I will join it too, lol:).

1 Like

Although what you are saying is true, you must change to stay “viable”.

So, I used to love the foods being offered by Friday’s 25 years ago. They always served their iced tea with sprigs of mint. Cute! Times changed, menus changed and now I don’t like eating there. But if they wanted to stay in business (unlike their main competitor at the time, Bennigan’s), they had to change to reflect today’s taste and atmosphere.

What I am trying to say is, many businesses that have been around for a long time, change. They change with the times in order to survive. We must do so as well.

Whether you have to work harder today for the money you used to make before, or you have to lower your rates a little to get the volume, or you have to learn how to navigate this new RON stuff, our business is changing. To stay in this business, you have to change your business model slightly. That is normal. Or, you can elect to get out of the business into a different one. I prefer to “roll with the punches” as long as possible!

Just my own opinion!

4 Likes

Yep, I always counter for signings more than 1/2 hr away. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don’t. Just not worth my time driving two hours for $85.

Mark Willis’ course is literally titled "Loan Signing System – Six Figure Course ". He has YouTube videos stating how to become a 6 figure notary public. So yeah…the claim to fame is out there. And people are eating it up.

1 Like

I think the title “six figure course” sounds like an attractive marketing name but it is possible to make six figure income in this business if you know what your doing but I never heard him or anyone say that it was quick and easy you have to work hard and dedicate a lot before you get to that point and I know he said that as well as his students.

Considering some of the large title companies I’ve worked with have 8-12 notarizations in a package they want to pay $65-85 for and Michigan allows $10 per notarization, I doubt they care. It’s not like their fees have been reduced, just ours. And I spend a ton of time writing in venues and names and chasing after them for docs and payments. Not to mention gas has gone up $1.00 per gallon as well as paper. I have decided to just work with a few of my best companies and take an occasional one from the big platform requests when I have time or they meet my fee.