TC/SS Greed

Well um…yeah…isn’t that the case for any job/endeavor one undertakes? He markets it as a “six figure course” hoping to get people to sign up thinking that’s what they can make right off of the bat. Then when they don’t they are disappointed…to say the least. He is in the business to make six figures for Mark Willis by getting people to buy into his ‘program’. He does not care what happens to you once you’re out in the real world chasing the dream he promised you.

2 Likes

That’s your job to make the dream work out for yourself. The only thing people like him and anyone else do is give you the ideas and techniques to make it work. In any business it’s really hard but it’s worth it in the end.

Work harder…do better. That is plain common sense. I don’t need Mark Willis to tell me plain common sense. Are you his PR person or something? He’s selling people a largely unattainable “dream”. I do perfectly well (as many others do) without his high-priced gimmick.

1 Like

I’ve been wondering about this. Is that Notary Fee for both the notary and the signing service to be paid?? Or is the signing service paid separately?

1 Like

I don’t represent Mark Willis in any way but I do get where he’s coming from and I can see the passion his students have and I respect that. I think if a dream was largely attainable then it wouldn’t be considered a dream.

I am achieving the dream…without having to give Mark Willis and of my hard earned money :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Anyone who takes five minutes to listen to Mark and stare at his creepy fake smile can tell that he is clearly marketing this profession as one where EVERYBODY can and will make 6 figures if they take his course. He is not marketing it as a dream of the 1%. Also, if you watch his YouTube videos, he explicitly talks about how easy it is to do. Anyone can do it! A monkey could do it! That’s the impression he gives. All you need is a car, a printer, and you have to want it!

He conveniently leaves out the $1000-$1500 of other investments you’ll need to have any kind of viable business. Not to mention all the other time consuming things you’ll do as a business owner. Basically he leaves everything out except the direct marketing to title companies (which hardly ever hire you).

5 Likes

Depends on the closing. I used to use SS before working directly with title companies and it would show what the SS receives even though your fee is lower. When working directly with TC it’ll show your fee. Only time it may be off is if you negotiated a higher fee

That’s good honestly there’s a lot of great places to learn out there other then him but he’s one.

1 Like

You receive one check (or deposit) for your assignment and you can name it the way you want it.:slight_smile:

I’ve only been a mobile notary since about September with 20 years before that on call with title companies. As well as 36 years in real estate. I have also noticed the lower fees in just 10 months. That, and much bigger packages. Over 300 pages (x2) for reverse mtg and today over 180 for refi. Lenders including every possible form in 3 diffrrent versions. On top of that, everything costs more. Paper, gas, tires, oil changes, cars in general. Anyone have any ideas about what can be done?

To be honest, I think one of the problems is the internet guys who are promising a 6 figure income. for a side gig. More newbies are entering the biz. (By the way, that is not what drew me back into the mobile biz - I’ve had my notary since 2001) maybe some of the newbies will leave when the promised $$ does not magically appear, but there will always be others to replace them.

We all know that " them that do, do. Them that can’t, teach." Wish some pressure on signing assignment companies would work, but I have been told banks aren’t paying!! I guess in my market where refis are often in the mid 6 figures, an extra 50 bucks in closing costs would mean too much.

1 Like

306 x2 plus 30 pages instructions. Seriously,???

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

Sorry to hear so many are having a tough time this year. I’m reading the comments and unfortunately there is one thing you are not factoring in is “Evolution” in your industry. Adaptation is the key. No company or industry is immune to it. Not even TC’s or SS’s. How many of you use Air BNB? How many of you use Uber? How many of you use a smartphone with your notary business? “GPS”. Do you complain about these advances of evolution? The pandemic has shifted a lot of things fast forward. Notaries have gone digital via remote notary or electronic notaries. Please do not fall victim of being bitter and getting left behind like :
Hotels vs Air BNB
Taxi Cab vs. Uber
Car Rental vs. Turo
Gas vs. Electric car

Even real estate agents have gone virtual with companies like Exprealty.com vs. traditional agents. You cannot be bitter about evolution. You have to adapt or die. This message is not just for notaries. It’s for TC and SS too. Even in corporate America there is a movement going on called “The great resignation”. Do your research. It’s about employees who had to work remote during the pandemic and now the same company is trying to force them to come back into the office. They are quitting their jobs and finding new ones that allow working from home. The mobile notary will never go away but it will morph into the electronic mobile notary with no paper. But there will be less of you because more production can be done remotely. Just do both. Good luck to all!

7 Likes

I repeat the same question to TC/SS, would they rather go cheap and hire cheap notaries and loose lenders or stick with a reasonable, appreciable pay and keep their lenders with a great potential of gaining more lenders due to their documentation work quality?

Mark Wills is nothing more than a glorified used car salesman. It certainly is “possible” to make six figures as a signing agent but not without working yourself into the ground. Most people are simply not willing or able to do that.

1 Like

Thank you Shawn for you insight. It’s nice to read something that is encouraging and helps people broaden their minds. You seem to be a very wise man. Im currently trying to build knowledge and gain insight on all levels. I see your vision also! Thanks again!

Exactly it takes blood, sweat, and tears and I love that kind of challenge i want it to be hard so I feel like I earned it.

Update: received a couple of emails directly from TCs that I used to do signings for through signing services, asking me to fill out forms, W-9s, etc.
It is becoming obvious that TC are cutting notary expensses and the SS business is going to die very soon.

Don’t get your hopes up…just thank your lucky stars those TCs have contacted you directly; in the meantime new signing services are jumping out of the woodwork.

Couldn’t have put it better. Nicely said!

1 Like