TC/SS Greed

Are we excused from jury duty?

Check your state court laws… I doubt it…not automatically anyway. Other factors/circumstances may apply

I have read all the posts on this feed. I think I have a different perspective because I am a Mark Wills/LSS student. I’ve personally met him and his wife. I’ve also met many of his students who make 10k, 20k, and even 30k/month. I’ve met his students who have gone on to form signing services making seven figures. I am friends with a woman who made at least 10k/ month last year. I KNOW it can be done. There were at least 100 people at conference this year who made 10k/mo last year during the pandemic. The folks who made the most money obviously worked the hardest and did the most signings. And they didn’t necessarily make that amount every month.
However, that’s not to say that will continue.

Mark’s teaching does not say this is very easy or get rich quick. He didn’t just jump out there last year. He incorporated his system in 2016 and was teaching his friends and others this way long before that. He teaches how to present the docs, the terminology, how to sign up for ss, how to market yourself, how to get work as a newb, how to add value as an SA, how to set appointments, what tools you need, how to start low budget, etc. He says it’s simple, not easy.

I didn’t even know this industry existed before I saw Mark on social media. But I know what he teaches has changed many lives. I’ve met some of these folks who have left toxic work environments and with no degree and very little start up now are able to have their own business and provide for their family and themselves; people who have finally paid off debt etc.

You may view him as a slick car salesman type, but he’s a great coach off camera. He gives tips and strategies that are practical and actually work. The LSS group is the most positive and supportive one I’ve ever been a part of and I’m proud to say that. He really helps people new to this have confidence, courage and the knowledge to be successful. If it doesn’t work for you, it’s because you didn’t work it. He didn’t say everyone WILL make 6 figures, he says it’s possible and shows you how. And certainly does not say you can do that as a side hustle. That’s not even everyone’s desire. I’m still working full-time as a teacher. I usually can only take a few signings if it’s in the evening, if I don’t have anything else to take care of. Obviously I won’t be pulling down six or maybe even 5 figures, but I’m here to transition into semi-retirement.

You may not be a fan of his marketing but all industries do that. Ever heard of Grant Cardone? Real estate is really hard. But there are tons of folks who say you can do it with no $, a couple hours, and make tons of $. One lady charges $37 for a week of training, but $40k to coach you to get 1 deal and be set for life. It would take more than 1 jdeal just to pay her for her coaching. (Disclaimer: I took her training, couldn’t afford the coaching).

I just wanted to give a real opinion on LSS training from someone who has actually paid for and taken the training. Is it necessary to succeed in this industry? No. Is it worth the cost? As a professionally certified by my state, public school educator with almost 30 years teaching experience I say absolutely. I personally know more than a few teachers who have been entrusted with other people’s children who could take lessons in motivation, encouragement and having a grateful and positive attitude. He teaches all you need to know in an easy to understand way that is pleasant to listen to. I’ve had really dry boring notary and SA training.

I appreciate all the positive comments on here and enjoy the info.

2 Likes

I see quite a bit on you tube with LSS videos and videos by some of his graduates. Marketing is very important, but skill is the determining factor on whether you will sustain yourself in this field. Most of the videos done by his graduates indicates that they are not familiar with proper notarizations other than sign here seal here. I have seen an actual closing filmed with the documents shown on camera, no oaths given on affidavits and other explanations of documents that are just plain wrong. I don’t know whether the skills portion of the course was overlooked from a concentration on selling, but the concentration on selling leads me to believe so.

1 Like

Is it even possible to make a living wage doing remote online notary work?

What makes you say that? How is it obvious?

Interested to know as well. My state fee for general is $10 but state fee for RON is $25 per seal. Can you make double the amount working as a RON notary?
;

Thank you wasent sure what would happen if I didn’t show up

Oh

I understand what you are saying. The LSS is not designed to teach basic notary skills. He does not market it that way. He ONLY focuses on loan signing and he does tell students that they need to get basic notary training and skills elsewhere and adhere to their states’ requirements. He does, however, give links for each state’s notary website (pic attached).

I’m really getting sick of all them. Tons of how to do this, and that. But they don’t even explain the items. More like “infomercials” than anything else.

A couple of reasons, IMHO, 2020 was such a good year. Was TC/SSs knew they would have to pay us for “safety” and the rates would through the floor so tons of people were refinancing, buying, etc.

2 Likes

I received an order request that was a 3 hour round trip drive for $40. When I countered with a HUGE number their response was that I only had to get 1 document signed… Hello, 3 hour round trip!!!

I live in a very rural area, I would say 80% of my signings are 30-45+ minutes away. These companies just don’t understand that their $90 refi might work for someone in a city that has to drive 10 minutes. That same order for me has me most likely driving an hour round trip. I drive hours everyday being so far out in the country and with gas prices so high is really stinks. My time is worth something, I will not lose money to close your loan. It’s as simple as that. It took me a lot of time to figure that out, WE ARE ALL worth more. :smile:

2 Likes

I’m very rural also and in the same situation as you -“These companies just don’t understand that their $90 refi might work for someone in a city that has to drive 10 minutes. That same order for me has me most likely driving an hour round trip.” - I always refer those one-document signings out (give them this site URL along with another) to find a notary in the zip code as I’m not traveling that far for one document. In fact, I’ve also been known to suggest “send your document to the signer and let the find a notary near them” - people are not so stupid they can’t sign one document on their own, get it notarized, and return it…

They send these orders out as a database-wide blast, not even knowing how far the notaries are from the area.

I’m trying to imagine what a rural community would look like.

Well,…

We’re on five acres; surrounded by cattle farm and horse farms; look out our front window and see horseback riders go by; 2.5 miles to the nearest paved road, which is lined with a canopy of oak trees; 4.5 miles to the nearest “store” (two convenience stores with gas pumps and a Dollar General); No FedEx or UPS drop boxes in our town; Post Office is open 8-4 and closed 12-1 for lunch

We have a resident hawk and family, a resident owl and family, several armadilllo families; coyotes howling at night; neighbors of bobcats, fox, panthers, and people of course. Shut off the TV and all you hear is…nothing. No traffic, no whistles, no noise or loud voices…nothing.

Protected springs and waterways for tubing and kayaking…

It’s heaven is what it is - at least to us.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Our first impression of our fine little town? Picture Mayberry…even had a Floyd’s Barber shop… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Linda H, your writing is so clear and descriptive that I can envision such a location. I love the use of the ‘canopy’ to describe the roadway. Sounds like a vacation.

However, I don’t think I’d like to meet your neighbors (bobcats, panthers, coyotes, and the like) LOL.

Yea Linda do you get a lot of coyotes?

Thank you. And yes we do get coyotes. Our dogs are brought in before dark and only let out around the immediate house area. No pasture roaming for them after dark or before daylight

It’s also possible that I’ll win the Mega-Millions Lottery despite the odds being against. Possible does not equate to probable.

Same here. When I’ve requested higher fees I have to explain the distance is 100 miles round trip. Their response is that the location is in the next zip code. I then have to explain that my territory covers three counties that make up 2000 square miles. Their usual reply is they didn’t realize how big Texas is.

1 Like