The Closing Exchange

I have been assigned 2 orders from Closing exchange in the last week and both were canceled 30 minutes before the appointment time. Very frustrating!

1 Like

Over the weekend I was finally paid for all my overdue invoices. Out of fairness, I took down my rant. However, I will not provide services to Skye Closings / a.k.a. The Closing Exchange again.

1 Like

This is very upsetting news. I had a signing with Skye the day after they merged! Skye called me & told me to confirm the order on The Closing Exchange. I did and the fee was cut by almost half! I called Skye back and told them of the discrepancy. Whomever it was I talked to was very nice & explained the merge to me. She put my fee back up to what I originally accepted.
Iā€™m wondering if people are not getting paid due to this ā€œWe hope that you are enjoying our new e-check payment feature via Verify Valid. Please continue to check your Verify Valid lockbox for payment on the 15th and last day of the month.ā€

Where the heck are the checks?!?

Does anyone know how to get into this Verify Valid area to get checks? I have searched the site & can find no instructions at all. :frowning:

I have not heard of Verify Valid. They did not mention this nor is it mentioned in the instructions. Please enlighten me if you find out. Thanks for the infoā€¦

1 Like

The hiring party sends you an e-mail with the instructions when payment is made. If memory serves, it was just a ā€˜click hereā€™ and follow instructions thing. Check your spam folder, but, with the merger, things may have gotten screwed up. Althoā€¦ this ā€œPlease continue to check your Verify Valid lockbox for payment on the 15th and last day of the monthā€ā€¦Iā€™ve never seen before.

1 Like

Thank you for this information!

O M Gā€¦I didnā€™t know that was a branch off from Notary Direct and Skyeā€¦They both owe me money from years ago. I just did a closing for them last week. Now what???

I just want to share my experience with you when I do my loan signing. First of all, I do not accept very low fee for signing. Second of all, once I accepted an assignment, I take full responsibility on everything until I send back the loan package to where it is directed to. I do not feel just dropping off the documents to a box but hand over it to a person who is on duty in that UPS or FedEx locations and I always ask for the receipt. I keep track the package and I let the person know who hired me for that assignment that the package is being delivered. I send him or her an Email following up that it has been received and letting them know that this concludes my services for that particular assignment. This way it clears me for being responsible and that I closed my conversation for this process. I also attached my invoice to my Email meaning they will have to pay for my service. We all have other experiences but we can also learn from it.

Guess Iā€™ve been fortunate! Iā€™ve been doing signings for Skye Closing and Notary Direct for years and they have always been professional and paid my fee in a timely manner. Did my first signing for the Closing Exchange last week, will update on the status of my fee next year! Merry Christmas to all & A Happy New Year! Oh! I promise to bring a little Cheese to the Whinning Party next time! Lol

Well heckā€¦I have worked with Skye and they were fine. I just got an assignment from The Closing Exchange and right off the bat they tried to low ball me. I am very rural so I have to have a minimum of $75 because I might be traveling 5 miles or 20 all within the same City. They managed to get it approved by I am already apprehensive with this thread and the trying to talk me into accepting less. I will report once I am doneā€¦wish me luck!

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure what this post has to do with the topic. Itā€™s great advice for a brand new person, however, not all companies want an invoice. We must follow the instructions of each company.
The topic at hand here is Skye/The Closing Exchange. Skye was awesome at paying. No invoice. Paid. No problem. Now The Closing Exchange states to use ā€œVerify Validā€ lockbox. They donā€™t say to invoice.
Iā€™ll call and find out.

1 Like

kbrennan ā€“ here is how to get to Verify Validā€¦ itā€™s actually been changed to: my.echecks.com ā€¦ Itā€™s the same site we use to print out echecks. The gal at The Closing Exchange (nice gal BTW) said to go to that site, sign up for an account, and check there on the 1st and 15th for checks in the ā€œLOCKBOXā€. Once you have a permanent account you can see the new checks as they come in & you can also see all the previous ones youā€™ve printed out.
Jobs 1st to the 15th=1st of next month. Jobs 16th-31st=15th of next month.
Mystery solved.

The Closing Exchange is horrible. They called me for a one page document to be notarized so I gave them a price. I get to the location and it is a Blue Green signing with 8 notarization. I went ahead and did the signing but called them when I left and reported that it was not as they had said and I spent an hour with the clients. I didnā€™t collect the documents and send them off because I didnā€™t take the documents with me and the lender only sent one set. The borrower wanted to make a copy prior to sending them off. It is a screwed up company and now I am having a hard time being paid for signings I did in October. I will be contacting the local Attorney General if they do not pay me within the next 5 days.

1 Like

Hi ProntotudeGirl, thank you for a matter of interest. Let me just clarify about the invoice. I am only speaking and sharing about it to the general public of what I did. So far I have no problem getting paid with the companies that I dealt with signings. You are absolutely right; it has nothing to do with The Closing Exchange or other companies with instructions. So far, I have never work with The Closing Exchange although they have called me if I am interested for signing where I am located for $70.00 which, I declined. The bottom line here, everyone has their own opinion in dealing with any companies in order to get paid. Thatā€™s allā€¦ sharing is caring. I wish you all the BEST and a Happy New Year 2018.

1 Like

I too will not ever work for them again, or Skye Closings, or Nationā€™s Direct. In total, between all three of them, they have stiffed me far too many times, and Iā€™m so done with them, and their unprofessional antics. The last was from The Closing Exchange, who hired me for a job at 3 PM two days prior to the closing, set to close at 8:30 AM, 2 hours from my office. By 6 PM the night before I hadnā€™t heard a word from them, so I called them only to hear, ā€œoh yeah, that cancelledā€. That was it. I was livid,not only because of the terrible inconvenience, but because I had turned down several jobs for that assigned day. I had no choice because with a minimum driving time of 4 hours, and it was a reverse mortgage so you know it was going to take a minimum of an hour, thatā€™s already most of my working daytime hours. With reverse mortgages, because of the nature of them, I always allow more time than necessary in my schedule for any delays.
Skye Closings hired me for a job that I had done my pre-closing work on, only to have them send me an email, not call me, but sent me an email saying. ā€œDue to extenuating circumstances, I must cancel the signing request. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.ā€. When I called to get an explanation, they/she wouldnā€™t answer their phone. I left a message that never got returned either. I have since been called by them/she for purchase closings, which I refused due to their inability to explain the last minute email, that afforded me lost work upon my acceptance of their assignment. An explanation, and apology from any of them is needed, and expected before I will consider working for them, or companies such as these in the future. Iā€™m hoping that sometime in the near future, it will become customary to that your base fee, in the event of a cancellation of an accepted assignment, is automatically paid, and well known to the signing/title/lenders up front. After all, when we accept these assignments we have to turn down any other job that might be offered, due to the time slot already filled. I have increased my base fee significantly just recently, because of incidents such as these, occurring far too frequently, along with some of their micromanagement policies, and knowing full well, that these companies are receiving in most cases double what Iā€™m asking for, and sometimes more. Very few receive less than my fee, but itā€™s my fee take it or leave it. And I had a title company call me to do a purchase closing just within 20 minutes of my office. So I charged the fee for that area, and she hesitated. I asked her if what I was asking was too high, ready to tell her sheā€™d have to get someone else to do the closing for her, has she replied with yes, but quite the contrary. She admitted she was shocked when I told her how much, because theyā€™ve never paid less than $150 for a purchase sale. I had to take a minute to think about how I was going to respond to that, but when I did, she felt more at ease. I had told her Iā€™ve never got more for that area in the past, and never considered different types of closings were paid according to the nature of them, but if she felt more comfortable paying me $150, then by all means, I guess thatā€™s what Iā€™m charging you. And thatā€™s exactly what I was paid.If you look sometimes on the closing disclosures, they break down everything, including the notary fee, or ā€œsigning feeā€ paid. Yesterday I had a closing where I was being paid $150, a standard refi, and they had listed my fee as $320. Iā€™m definitely changing my pricing, with the higher base fee being accepted all ready with no negative reaction from any of the companies who have called for my services, thus far.

2 Likes

Thanks for all of this. Signed up over night with them but have not signed IC agreement.

2 Likes

What is the name of the new company you are working with that pays the higher fees. I need to increase my rates as wellā€¦

Bill

2 Likes

Was this the fee listed on the CD or were you named specifically on the CD at that rate. If this is just listed as ā€œNotary Feesā€ then itā€™s not just you - itā€™s other considerations too,

1 Like

If the fee under ā€œnotary feesā€ is not just the notaryā€“what other ā€œconsiderationsā€ are being added? Iā€™ve had my name next to ā€œnotary feesā€ many times & itā€™s always the fee I accepted.
If it says ā€œnotary feesā€ then it should just be our fee. Period.
I took a job with a small title company and I noticed that they only charged $350 total for their fees & the notary fee was left blank on the HUD. It was probably blank because she forgotā€“it was a last minute rush job.
Cash deal=22 pages total printed. I had a very difficult time charging her my usual fee.

1 Like

Itā€™s not necessarily just YOUR fee - unless your name is there - but if it simply says ā€œNotary Feesā€ - thatā€™s not necessarily just the NSA assigned to the closing. That could well be the SS fee too - also could be ancillary notary fees for services done prior to closing.

ā€œI took a job with a small title company and I noticed that they only charged $350 total for their fees & the notary fee was left blank on the HUD. It was probably blank because she forgotā€“it was a last minute rush jobā€

It was blank because they planned to pay you out of that $350 fee - out of their operating account - so no need to put your fee thereā€¦youā€™re a title company operating expense

2 Likes