The Closing Exchange

Linda–I was talking about when we work directly for escrow/title. The notary fees have always been what I am paid. If there is a SS involved then sure you are paid 50% or less. Or more than less.
Re: my fee out of the $350. I’m not sure how a company stays in business charging such low fees.
I don’t want to debate the point…it was just a personal experience.
Thank you for responding.

1 Like

The Closing Exchange…My comment is would all of you notaries STOP taking their $35 closings!! If we start taking $35 soon it will be $25 and then lower. Are you guys NUTS. I realize all notaries especially the new ones are begging for signings but this is not the way to get started. When you have to replace your equipment, not to mention the tires on your car plus normal maintenance you are going to find yourself wondering why you have no money. This company is cheaper than the companies they bought out. I will be asking to be removed from their list as I a tired of tying up my cell phone with their cheap offer. Where on earth do you get any maintenance company to come to your house and fix anything for for $35?

7 Likes

Global Notary & Skye Closings merged or got purchased by closing exchange. They were horrible & they now got worse.

2 Likes

stay after them. It took me 90 days to get paid, bug them to death.

2 Likes

global notary and skye may have merged, but the closing exchange itself did not purchase global notary, which is dissolved as of 9/18/1017

1 Like

Not a fan. Limited work in my area and low pay for the amount of work they expect.

1 Like

They offered me $50 for a refi signing with 2 signers + $20 for a scan back.

I made the mistake of accepting because the details weren’t provided.

Are you kidding ? When I said NO they got crazy & started harassing me.

So I canceled my account with them !

1 Like

I agree, as soon as you tell them something about their low prices they start attacking notaries

THE CLOSING EXCHANGE IS THE WORST !!! OF THE WORSE !!

HELLO NOTARIES !! IF YOU ARE THAT DESPERATE & START ACCEPTING LOW FEES, YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO BACK IN TIME AND HAUL BLOCKS FOR PYRAMID CONSTRUCTION AND ALSO HAVE THE PLEASURE OF GETTING FLOGGED WHILE AT IT.

STOP accepting low ball offers. WHile all offers are offered with no idea about packet size and effort… I have gone back and re-negotiated the prices after getting the package. I once had a 4 signer , refi with 200 pages… I asked for higher fees and they accepted after I explained the effort and complexity required.

** Remember"NO RE-NEGOTIATIONS AFTER COMPLETING the SIGNING.
2 Likes

Just got an e-mail to take some time-consuming RM course to be ‘qualified’ for these. Delete.

I’ve done 3 signings for them. They haven’t given me any problems over fees but maybe it’s because I’m in a rural area. So far, they’ve paid me 15-20 days after the signing by e-check. My experience with them is that they are very disorganized in their communication, though. You’ll get 4 different phone calls from 4 different people to tell you something trivial, but if something comes up with an after hours/weekend signing, nobody answers the phone. Putting your question or update on the portal isn’t helpful because they either don’t read/ respond or delete your comments entirely.

Notary Direct is the company I laughed at when they asked me to do a signing at a $40.00 fee. Told her their fees were absolutely insulting. !! That was the end of that conversation!

1 Like

I agree with mjeverett1968. I haven’t had a pay issue, but the are VERY disorganized. They sent me documents on a job that I didn’t accept. (due to low pay), and then I got a call from the Title Company asking me to invoice me. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

2 Likes

I’ve actually had good luck with doing signings for CXChoice.com They are in the process of revising their software…because currently I cannot log in via my iPhone, when out in the field. So, if they send me a closing request, I call them direct, and tell them to assign it to me. They pay as promised, and always on time. Would recommend them

3 Likes

This is an old post but answers would be great. Good to know, I never win a job with them. I’m new so I figure someone else was notified sooner. It has always been assigned by the time I accept. Where do you call???