The lowest rate for a heloc signing

That’s Coast to Coast!!! All day everyday…
:frowning:

3 Likes

Coast to coast has on settlement statement $200 and we get $65 or $75 with printing 2 sets on a full loan of 120 pages and a scanback

I may not have much money but do the math and COAST TO COAST

Should be a company we all refuse please!
Accepting hurts all of us Notaries

Say NO and put in $100 or $125 for scanbacks

Then coast to coast still gets $75 for just assigning it!

5 Likes

I know that’s right!!!

What about their loan modifications for $30.00. Then they have the audacity to send you 3 to 4 pages of instructions.

Your joking right???

I kindly had to let Closing Exchange go. I have one more on my list that I have to terminate, because they don’t pay on time.

1 Like

I don’t know how y’all have time to calculate how many miles away a job is or what the profit/loss of a signing is before deciding to accept it or not.

I have about a good 4 second window to decide whether I want it or not and then it’s too late.

And for the record, I would not accept this signing for $65 but I know another notary likely will

1 Like

And we all know our industry has always been (regardless of demand/economics) area specific. Those who pay inflated prices on anything they “want” can afford it. Most focus on paying for what they “need” first before paying for what they “want.” Yes, you may “need” a place to live, but can you afford to BUY it! This is where real estate investment companies out wit the rest. They bought up what they could at the low rates and converted them into rentals. They saw this coming and capitalized off of it.

I’ve pretty much blocked them and let them know I won’t take any signings from them. I feel insulted. Now they’re emailing me with the same lowball offers.

The reason I don’t want to take anything under $100 is that not only is it physically draining and costly to run a business—Especially now that gas prices are more expensive, and bridge tolls are higher but because of 2 reasons.

1. It ties up my schedule for higher requests that I will get from signing companies when they call me on my phone and the request is ASAP. I’m available at the right price.

2. If I start accepting lower fees, other signing companies can see that on average, I take lowball offers and everyone will think that is my usual fee. Before I know it I will not be receiving the offers I need to make a decent wage. Today I actually receive phone calls that allow me to negotiate my price. It varies week by week.

I feel acceptance of low ball offers will only bring me more lowball offers. Why accept $65.00 for 5 signings at $325 when I can get $500 at $100?

The signing companies are receiving more per signings because the signers are being charged exactly the same. The only difference is signing companies are taking more cut from the notaries portion who are out in the battle field while signing companies sit in their office without paying more for gas, wear and tear on our vehicle, papers, printer toner, insurance, bond, office maintenance, continuing education, notary supplies, etc. etc.

The notaries who accepts low ball offers are allowing these signing companies to keep most of the money that should be going into our own pockets and therefore allowing the rest of us to be ripped off! THAT’S RIGHT, RIPPED OFF!

4 Likes

Yes!!! I totally agree!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

That’s what it’s going for now in Maryland

Everything is going up except our fees are going down

1 Like

That boggles my mind one of my regular companies that I work with I have seen the price drop from $100- to $80 for refinance packages. All within the last 60 days

That’s because there are less signers. It’s all about supply and demand. Hence, low supply of signings and high demand from signers equals less pay. The signing companies are taking higher cuts and leaving us with little so they can stay afloat and stay in business.
This too shall pass. If we hang in there long enough the summer will bring more transactions. People are afraid right now to make any move due to job security because of what is going on in Ukraine, we are starting to see the rise of inflation.

Best thing to do is start pounding the pavement and create our own transactions by passing out our business card out there to to escrow and title companies, attorneys, retirement homes, lenders, and even your local FEDEX shipping centers because they don’t have a notary and most people will call them or ask if they do any notarizing.

I created a business account on Google my business (soon to be phased out and turned into google maps). Thank god I receive signing request close by because of my website on google. I also recently created an account on yelp. Unless I sign into their advertisement, you won’t be able to find me. It may be worth a try to pay the price per click. Luckily I didn’t squander my income and I have a small cushion in my account so that I don’t have to desperately take low ball offers. Business is tight and hopefully it won’t be long before we return to a high signing demand again.

3 Likes

I’m banking on all the notaries that fill their calendars up with lowball offers, then I get called with my fee :slight_smile:

As long as people accept low prices they will keep getting lower and lower until people stop accept them.

Yes. Try The Closing Exchange. How about $ 50.00. That includes $ 5.00 for scan backs.

Got offered one today for $50!

I was always under the impression that the closing exchange paid fairly. They pay $40 for RON closings and I see orders for refinance at $70…. I’m at loss for words.

1 Like

I get them a lot. I counter for a higher fee but never get them. I cannot afford to take a fee that low for that amount of work. Ridiculous.