Where: Irvine, CA 92618
Your Fee $65
Scanbacks Required
Type BOTW- HELOC with Full Scan Backs
Lender BOTW
Signing From Coast 2 Coast
Has anyone ever seen a fee this low for a HELOC with Full Scan Backs
9 Likes

Surely you’re kidding. I see these all the time. Coast 2 Coast is a low-baller most of the time. I presume BOTW is Bank of the West, no? Do 'em if you want. I wouldn’t touch it unless it was across the street from me.

9 Likes

I’m not kidding - I did a copy & paste to share with Notary Cafe

$65? Dang that is actually a pretty good fee! Notaries in my area are snatching up these $62 reverse mortgages from Closing exchange!!!’ :thinking:

5 Likes

I’m being facetious (did a poor job, I guess). $65 is almost never a worthwhile fee, especially with scanbacks. However, I do $55 loan mods (although I’m starting to pass on those) because there is only 1 or 2 notarizations and the paperwork is nuthin’. I’m trying to stay at my usual minimum these days, far above the $62-$65 fee. With so many notaries in my region, it’s getting tougher to make a buck.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t touch it not with especially not with full scanbacks .

4 Likes

Me…me. I would take that fee!

1 Like

You wouldn’t budge! :joy::joy::joy:

I do take $65 refis though…. but no printing no driving!!!:grin:

6 Likes

Well no matter what the price there is a notary out there that will take the assignment… :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

5 Likes

True, take whatever is best for your situation!

I’ve done quite a few HELOCS and they never required scanbacks. Only thing I have to send back is tracking information and photo ID.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen an assignment yet much less one that pays 65 dollars. Ugh!

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: If your schedule is open and the job is within a few miles of you, you are losing if you don’t take it! It all adds up in the end, regardless of what the individual job itself pays. Walk or take an E-Scooter! “Sticking to your fees” only leaves you here telling us your “sticking to your fees” while someone else made “some sort of profit” off the job (if they know how to run this business). We can cry all day about low ball fees (my infamous “beating the dead horse” scenario), but “sticking to your fees” is only as good as those who will accept it. Keep in mind most people assigning us these low ball jobs (SS) started out doing what we do as a NSA. They know someone will ALWAYS take the job whether someone knows how to effectively run their business or not. Someone accepting “your fee” is either like playing the lottery, or your in bed with a steady client, and as we have all noticed recently, steady clients are not producing steady work!

9 Likes

(CA) “A few miles. . .” is the key clause in your commentary.

4 Likes

I agree with you. I work on a weekly average and if that $65 assignments fills a gap in my day and makes me a profit in-line with cost analysis I will take it. Rejecting it and sitting at home waiting for the other assignment that I may or may not get makes nonsense to me.

4 Likes

Agreed, so two weeks ago my fav bank called and asked if I would take $100 heloc in my town 3 mins drive, since she said I only need to print 1 set, no scan and I said “Yes” and got paid within 8 business days, then the next day I got another one from them for $145:). This business is like a moving target. Both sides are always looking to increase profits and minimize expenses :joy:. The fee/negotiation technique is like the stock market on Wall Street!

6 Likes

They’re a low ball , but you can ask for more.

Same in this area and the orders are being snatched up quickly by seasoned and unseasoned notaries. I would take it without any questions if it’s within my max driving distance.

I think they’ve sent me one for $45.