The Time has Come

I’ve done the same thing. Maybe some day…

It takes courage to start an business. As a fellow Texan, I’m assuming the TX in your handle means your a Texan, feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions about Texas Business stuff or the subtleties of Texas closings.

Carl, You’ve also been one of the guiding voices on NC. I wish you the best as you move towards more lucrative ventures. I’m putting together a few reading resources that has been foundational to my business. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Philip, One tactic is to add your Notary Commission as a value added service to a different business venture. I have a Tax Firm, one of my specialties is Tax Preparation/Advising Real Estate Investors. I discovered my NSA business was a good value added fit with my tax specialization.

Thank you for your kind words. I wish you the best on your journey as well.

Riverpointe Tax, I totally concur with you on having other lines of services too. As a licensed life, health, and annuity agent in Florida and other states, the NSA business increased my bottom line and client based. It’s just makes good business sense to provide other lines of services along with being a NSA.

Coast 2 Coast is ridiculous with their $30 offers. I shared this with a seasoned Notary who was offering me some mentoring and she had a hard time believing me when I shared this (finally sent her a screen shot of the $30 offer). I finally just unsubscribed from them.

2 Likes

I did one for them once and i now do loan mods for services link and they pay 75.00 for local and 90 for travel. I refuse to take low ball signings. Ive been in the industry for over 45 years and its ridiculous how they low ball the notaries we are the face most people see we deserve more respect

5 Likes

I did a loan mod a couple days ago for $90. I don’t leave my home office for any notary service less than $90. My part time notary business is picking up as it appears many notaries are moving on to other work.

3 Likes

Thank you! Yes, I am in Texas. I see from your number you are in San Antonio as well. It’s been a struggle getting signings because I’ve decided not to take anything for under $50.

2 Likes

2 years ago I could do as many signings as I wanted, and fees were $100-150. Working as a signing agent has always been a side job for me, but it really helped out with additional expenses that cropped up as well as vacations. Now, not much of anything and what is out there is $75.00 Good luck to all!

1 Like