There are 4 main types of notarization. Which one of these 4 types do you do the most and what are your fees?

There are 4 main types of notarization. Which one of these 4 types do you do the most and what are your fees?

I do all 4 types of notarization on 100% real estate/mortgage loan transactions:

-Traditional (in person-all paper) $300
-IPEN (in person-all digital) $300
-Hybrid (in person-digital & paper) $300
-RON (all virtual) $65-$150

1 Like

So which type do you do the most?

2 Likes

The top 3 on the list mostly about equal amount. You?

1 Like

Strictly the first one. After 2 Hybrids failed to get/keep connection and became Traditional, I gave up on the last 3. Nor does there seem to be much demand for last 3 in my ā€˜hinky connectionā€™ area.

4 Likes

I remember you mentioned about the rural internet connection problem awhile back.

1 Like

Hereā€™s one example of my IPEN signing order. No printing, only show up with my IPad! :grin:. Easy mortgage loan signing.

I am an advanced NNA Certified Notary Signing Agent in all real estate/mortgage loan transactions. Expertly closed thousands of files including traditional, Hybrid, IPEN and RON with zero errors.

2 Likes

I no longer do notarizations to earn income. I do free notarizations during town board meetings and similar meetings, including administering oaths of office to justices of the peace and notaries, oaths required for board members and the town assessor at board meetings, and swearing in witnesses.

4 Likes

Here we go again, Iā€™m not tellingā€¦

4 Likes

Hi Arichter ~ same here in Bonney Lake WA. Few years ago received message from WA State electronic notaries stamps were hacked ~ only a matter of time before everything electronic gets hacked. VIPnotaryCO are you presenting this post to ā€œshow boat and bragā€ or just sharing information?

5 Likes

I was hoping to inspire others that they can do it too but I will stop since it rubbed people the wrong way. I meant no harm. I apologize if I hurt someone with this post.

1 Like

Hello everyone, especially the brand new ones. I would like to wish you all great success. And may you all be blessed with happiness, good health and good fortune.

I feel very blessed being an NSA and once in awhile when I tried to share what I am able to do in hopes to inspire others I always rubbed people the wrong way and because of this kind of negative reactions I will respectfully will leave this Notary Cafe permanently. Good luck to all. And God bless.

1 Like

I donā€™t know how to close my account permanently. How?

I know you mean well. The fees you post are just incredible as most offers come in far less than what youā€™ve shown (exception being $65/RON). Also know youā€™re well-connected and what you routinely receive is not the norm for most of us. Nor do the platforms (where most business is coming from these days) care how much or little experience a notary has as all they are looking for is cheap. So given your experience and connections, those fees are really not what the average bear can expect. And, yeah, it is kind of a hard slap to have what weā€™ve always m/l ā€˜known/suspectedā€™ā€¦itā€™s not what you know, itā€™s who you know.

Thereā€™s no reason for you to pull out as KNOWING hiring party can do much better feewise than what they generally offer may just get more of the newbs saying a very firm NO to the increasing amount of ridiculous offers weā€™re seeing day after day after day.

3 Likes

huh? you can tell meā€¦

Thereā€™s no help when a supernotary Brags and rubs non verifiable signings that everyone can compose and edit to look like legitimate, thereā€™s no place here for them here, they belong to the league of the dream weaver selling six figures courses to unprepared and naive brand new Notaries whom soon realize they were taken for a cheap ride, here we welcome reasonable tips and advise from seasoned Notaries willing to share their expertise unselfishly and I personally thank them for that!

5 Likes

Which software are you using for iPEN signings?
I have EscrowTab and havenā€™t gotten a thing so far. In fact, when Iā€™ve tried to contact them with questions, they havenā€™t responded. Iā€™m wondering what would happen if I needed help at the signing table for some reason.

The main topic of this thread isnā€™t IPEN. You might get better responses if you started a new thread about your IPEN question.

Traditional but I wish I lived where you do because I have never received nor offered $300 from a notary agency or title company.

3 Likes

Back in the heyday of 2020 and 2021 notaries were able to ask for extra. Now with offers few and far between I would guess 99 percent of us are doing purchases on average of $100 for two signers no scan. Some companies are paying $150 and if you are working directly with Title you might try for $200. Many of the signing companies that are not Escrow companies are offering purchases with scans for $80. I have not been blessed EVER in 7 years with a $300 refi. Even if you look on the settlement statement, if notary fees are listed separately they are usually around $200, $250 or $300. That sum is split between the notary and the signing company, or Escrow does not allot that full amount to the notary for their reasons. I donā€™t think a new notary should expect $300 a job because it will lead to feelings of failure.

4 Likes

And probably never will, only in your wildest dreams trying to be like these supernotaries bragging about fantastic signingsā€¦

2 Likes