This hasn't worked for me

This hasn’t worked for me. You can argue that I’m not trying hard enough but that would be inaccurate. In my first 2 months, I had two companies that went well over 40 days paying me. I don’t work with Coast to Coast because the pay is too little. I charge around $50 for POA and 2-3 page documents and $125 to $150 or more for Loan Docs. I’m on time, I’m friendly and I work hard and professional with great credentials. So far this year, I’ve had 3 signings and many phone calls. I’m afraid to do it full time for fear I won’t make enough money. I need some encouragement and suggestions. Most of my calls come from 123 Notary. Signing up with over 100 or more places hasn’t worked for me.

3 Likes

Sorry, but reality is that success in this business can be elusive as it depends on so many area-specific variables such as population density, competition over-saturation & too many other variables to list. You are wise in not going full-time until your NSA income far exceeds your present job. And, even then, it’s still iffy because when (not IF) interest rates rise…poof, no business. 40 day pay is not unusual either.

4 Likes

I signed up with snapdocs.com and thoroughly completed my profile, including a headshot. I’ve been getting many signing jobs. As Arichter said, there are too many variables to list.

1 Like

Hang in there it gets better. You have to get a few more under your belt to get noticed by the title companies. You can sometimes complete 3 or more a day every day or 3 a month depends on you. I turn down quite a few a day because I’m not available. I have some companies that request me specifically and exclusively. You just have to build a repor with the companies…

2 Likes

You’ve only just launched. It takes time to build your business and it likely won’t happen fast in Texas. The Dallas area is saturated with notaries. A few are very busy, most are running slower than they would like. I’ve got 140+ clients including mostly Signing Services, Title companies, and law firms. I get about 20 engagements from the 140+, and 6 really consistent engagements (4.2%). Make certain you’re fully credentialed; Back ground checked, well insured, set up an LLC, and complete a recognized training course.

1 Like

Industy is collapisng based on low fees from Snapdocs

1 Like

Hey Debbie, I’m sorry to hear it’s not working for you, but it happens sometimes. Rome wasn’t built in a day. So I have questions what have you done to market yourself? Have you done any training? Are you connected with any FB groups? Do youhave a linkedin page? There is a varies of things that one can do. There is a zoom meeting for notaries called TNT with Bill Soroka, Carol Ray and Laure something, I forget her last name. They record them and have them up on Youtube I believe, but the great thing is if you go live you can ask whatever question is on your mind and they (as well as us) will try to help you.

1 Like

Where do you live Debbie1?

That’s the problem though! You need to work with C2C and such to build up your numbers! Take all the low fees that you can to build up your number about 100 then you demand higher fees.

You can demand a higher fee with experience…unless there’s another ‘take whatever’ newb in your area… just sayin’

1 Like

If you do it right they will want you “preferred” that’s all i’m saying

I do signings that take 30-45 days to pay no matter what SS I got them, I just keep working and when I did not expect it , checks appear on my mail box 400-800 dollars appear ou of the blue!

1 Like

In a month or so, when you’ve got your numbers up and raise your fee, let us know how well that ‘preferred notary’ is working for you. I’ve got 26 years in this business, can’t remember the last time I made any kind of mistake, but still get the $65 offers and the only time I get my fee (on the platforms) is when they can’t find a cheaper notary.

2 Likes

This is the issue…there are too many “take whatever” newbies in my area of the world (New Orleans). I’ve been an attorney for eleven years and, admittedly, just started doing this on the side to make a little extra money (student loans are real); however, I’ve basically stopped because Snapdocs, NotaryGo, etc. have figured out that they can offer $60 for a signing and somebody will take it.

1 Like

Louisiana also has the most difficult training/process/test to become a notary (for life!) and yet, even then, they take $65? That is really a downer to hear.

1 Like

J4MobileNotary,
Things ARE going well for me. I live in Northern California. I’m getting plenty of jobs. I’m not the one taking the $60 offers. My fees are based on how far I need to travel, and if scanbacks are involved.

1 Like

Yes. It’s a very odd mindset. I feel like we need to unionize. :grinning:

You’re a lawyer. If you can figure out how independent contractors can unionize, I’m in!

I mean…I never said I was a GOOD lawyer…

LOL… Class Action suits are where the money’s at in the law field. Who do we sue?