Thumb licking

Honestly, the next person who licks their thumb or index finger to flip through pages I will get up and leave. How do you address this unsanitary and disgusting habit in the times of COVID-19?

9 Likes

I bought the rubber finger tips at Staples.

9 Likes

This has always kinda grossed me out, even before COVID! Back when I worked in an office, so many coworkers would do it.

I purchased the rubber finger tips, for myself mostly. I guess if a signer was having a hard time I’d offer them one, but I haven’t run into this issue myself yet.

I treat each completed package like it’s infected with the plague lol can’t be too safe these days!

5 Likes

I have always used rubber fingers, for years, working at my regular office job, at home… and even have with me in my purse all time. Now, since doing notarial acts, especially loan documents during this COVID-19 is a MUST!
I never let signers flip the pages, I do it and guide them where to sign.

4 Likes

I have SortKwik that I use and I’ll put one out for the signers, but some people still want to lick. Fortunately with the mask mandate right now, most can’t lick their thumb. I will make a point to put it out before signing starts and I do sanitize them after each use. But I have one marked for me and no one gets to use it!

I bought a pack of rubber fingers at walmart and keep them in my breifcase. Haven’t had to use them yet but glad I have them after reading this :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Yes! We are the conductor. The papers belong to us. I always offset the signature page and tell them where it is when handing over a multi page document.

1 Like

SortKwik is another solution, but when ppl feel to lick they’ll do it anyway… I hate it, they don’t think saliva is gross :laughing:

2 Likes

I do the same, and there are still those who are suspicious and think they have to look at every page. I point out they have a copy and 3 days to cancel but that doesn’t always work.

1 Like

I don’t allow borrowers to hold the packet and flip through pages. If fir some reason they
Ask to see the pages and lick their fingers. I kindly say to them. There is no putting fingers in mouth. In this time of COVID or before COVID. :joy:

2 Likes

Exactly! I never let them handle the documents, I guide them for signatures… I explain to them that lender needs the documents in same order as received.

5 Likes

I will be buying one today. I have never licked my finger but papers are sticking together.

Wearing gloves is awesome pages don’t stick together much easier to flip thru the docs. And I never give the docs to the borrower I hand them the signature only. They sign give it back and on to the next. So why would they be licking they fingers??

3 Likes

That’s another good idea, gloves, while protecting oneself even more :+1:

1 Like

I sympathize with this just like I had a signing the other day and the person folded his leg in the chair with no socks on and kept playing with his toes. Smh… It was at that moment out of all the signings I been to I had recently started using latex gloves during my signings and had run out and wished I had went to purchase more simply for gross things like this. The signer talked about a smell and couldn’t figure it out I wanted to share my thoughts but I could only tell him where to sign. If he could have only seen my facial expression behind my mask.

I even gathered the papers to shuffle them to ship after I had left and I could still smell the smolder… It was a feet smell. No Mo!!! If another person does this either they wash their hands or I’m done. This was just disrespectful I feel like. I honestly didn’t trust my approach because I might have said it in a way that would have caused everything to go left.

I was so upset making my dinner when I got home because I felt like the smell had then attacked my hands and as I put my hands to my mouth to eat I bout wanted to fall out and cry… Again I say… No Mo!!

6 Likes

I wear a mask face shield and exam gloves to all closings you never know with the virus. I have clients all the time tell me I don’t have to but I just say it’s company requirement. And when I get to my car I remove gloves grab the hand sanitizer before I touch the face shield and mask. I also pray a lot. We are taking our life’s in our hands at every closing with no compensation if we do catch it. Do you think that the title company or lender cares ? Hell no they just want it closed yesterday

3 Likes

Be careful. You can find N95 masks now for sale. Be careful out there ladies.

1 Like

Thats what I use, but they shouldn’t be flipping. Give one page at a time.

1 Like

Lol. You poor thing. That is especially disgusting. Ewwwwww. I’m not sure I could have completed the signing. Feet gross me out,

2 Likes

I have always been somewhat of a “germaphobe” and putting your spit on paper or anything is disgusting! I had a signer wearing a mask and face shield do this. We are so unconscious of when we touch our face, nose, mouth, hair and scratch.

1 Like