Time frame for preparing docs

How often do you let these signing companies not give you the docs until a couple hours before the signing? Is this something I need to get used to?

Back Story: I was given a signing tow days ago that is scheduled today and they still have not uploaded the docs for me to print or review. I like to have as much time as possible to make sure I don’t miss things but we are only a couple hours away from the appointment now and still nothing. I reached out yesterday and asked if they had any idea when I would see them and all I got was…when we get them we will upload them. Maybe this is a common thing but it sure is frustrating.

1 Like

My policy used to be one hour before my scheduled leaving time - so it was dependent upon how far I had to travel…docs required minimum two hours ahead. If they could not meet that then I asked them for authority to move the appointment time. If they would not approve that request then I kicked it back and let them scramble.

2 Likes

(CA) This happens most of the time and you do get used to it as you gain proficiency in performing your work. I turned down a nice, juicy job on Monday because the signing service (one of my good ones) gave me only an hour to print and prep a reverse mortgage and then drive 30 minutes to the signers’ home. I was coming back from a just-completed job and there just wasn’t enough time (for me, anyway) to do the job well with only a few minutes to get it done.

In short, do what you can and as you improve your speed and dexterity, you’ll find that a couple of hours advance time will often be enough. I’ll leave it to my colleagues on this site to offer more specific techniques on how to do that or you can look it up yourself using the almost invisible magnifying glass feature in the header of this page. Don’t fret, kid, just keep at it. :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.