TIMIOS ... need feedback

I agree with tulsanotary and don’t forget to add in your notarizations and travel time to your fees.

2 Likes

They were once very good but since they lowered their fee I don’t bother responding. I find when they can’t get anyone to take their fee they will call me and accept my $125 fee

2 Likes

COVIC is out there! My minimum is $200 no matter how small the package of docs. Extra for scanbacks, extra for out of town, extra same day signing (call me the same day to conduct the signing), extra for weekends and Sundays. I don’t answer any email/text inquiries. I wait for them to call me. I have about 80% of the business that I had before I raised my prices. Of course price depends upon where you live. I live in Roanoke, VA.

1 Like

Hi Seattle Notary,
I’m in Three Rivers, Michigan but originally from Mukilteo when it was a teeny town.

I have a daughter-in-law in Rainier (husband a Ranger in the 75th) who would like to do this part time. In my area theres a shortage of Signing Agents so I get 30-50 offers for every one I accept. But I no idea how the Rainer, Lacey, JBLM (I think she has military clearance there) and Yelm areas are. I figure you need to put about $1000 into starting up with gear, credentials and training so don’t want to see her wasting precious time and resources. If there is room for her I think she would be quite good and maybe be happy with 10-20 closings/mo max.

Do you have any knowledge about that area or advice?

Wow! How many signings do you get a day? I live in CA in a notary saturated area. They would never pay $200+ unless it is very last minute. Though I never accept lowball prices, I will accept reg ref for $125 for 2 signers in my zipcode.

1 Like

I do not want to do too many. I only do 4 or 5 a week. Companies call me at the last minute when they can’t get anyone else because they know I am expensive. I have gotten last minute calls for about 12 weeks in a roll for Friday evening/night. And of course, same day signings are extra which helps me. As of now; 1 signing day after Thanksgiving, Sunday afternoon signing, Monday evening signing and Tuesday evening signing. I made $1500 for the last 4 signings.

1 Like

Just worked with Timios, they definitely negotiated their way to a $175 refi.

3 Likes

Thats really good. I am only a part time NSA. I have a full time reg job so I only do signings as available after work.

I am only part time too. I think this is a good part-time job but not so good full time. If I had to have the money I would not be able to turn down so many signings. Therefore expenses would go up and profit go down. I also keep the mileage for income taxes. It is my biggest deduction. I am a retired pastor, but of course pastor’s never retire. They just continue to work for less. LOL

1 Like

Wow. $175 refi. Good for you. What was the mileage?

I agree so much with your comments. Others that continue to accept Timios lowball fees will never see an increase in standard fees. We need to stand together to make a change.

I work part time also and work smarter not harder. Usually about 4 to 6 signings a week. Don’t go out the door for under $150 + $25 if scan backs required within 20 mile radius. For every additional 20 miles add $25 to base fee. Average fee per signing is $175 to $250. Nice part time income. Others could be doing the same thing if they stop accepting low ball fees.

2 Likes

I’ve been working a lot with them, but they aren’t ideal.

Pros:
Steady stream of work. I receive multiple offers almost every day (SoCal area).
Consistent, regular pay. You never have to fight for your money and checks arrive every two weeks.

Cons:
Low ball pay ($90 is average).
Docs come in multiple files, prepping a package is more time consuming than with other companies.
Not very communicative. They provide you with a list of people to call if you have questions, but I can rarely actually reach someone when questions do arise.
Docs are often ready at what I would consider the last minute.

If you are doing this as a side hustle and only want to do one or maybe two signings a day, I think they are a decent company to be affiliated with. If this is your full time gig, the way they operate (docs not arriving the day before, etc) may make sustaining a full schedule difficult. Depends on what your personal needs are.

1 Like

How did you do that? When the request hits my email, it tells you not to respond to negotiate. Now I just don’t respond to $90 offers. I will successfully snag a $100 once or twice a week.

I negotiated for a fee of $125.

Wow heathersnydernotary! I know this post is a few months old, but you have the same complaints about Timios that I have. I recently just stopped accepting email job offers from them for the exact same reasons you specify in your post. I too have attempted to contact them with questions, and the list of contacts they provided was useless. Not one of them was available, and there were 2 numbers listed for each person. I hate having to print the docs in multiple files, and the packages are pretty large, especially for $90/$95 a pop. Also, they once unassigned me from a job with no explanation. I emailed Michael Crowder and others at the company to find out why I was removed from the signing, and not one person responded to my inquiry. I received jobs after that signing, so it couldn’t have been a problem with the quality of my work. From now on, unless they call me to ask if I can do a signing and they accept my fee, I won’t be working with them.

3 Likes

I just negotiated a fee with them starting at $90 and I countered at $125 and was given the signing.

Same for Pro’s and Con’s. My biggest issue is actually right now. They contacted me at 4pm CST and countered the $90 and they accepted. Said the docs would be right over. Emailed, called, etc. and FINALLY got the over 200 pages of signing docs for the signing at 8am. So here I am up at midnight just now getting these massive docs together. I have spent 2.5 hrs. just printing and putting docs together for this 8am appointment. Also, I’m a little confused. I had one of their agents tell me to just get the docs signed and then immediately dropped at FED EX. Then I had another tell me I have to upload/attach certain docs to their Timios site before I make the drop. I’ve asked which docs and no response, again, here it is now almost 1am for an 8am signing.

4 Likes

Agreed! The Docs come in multiple files and my prepping tonight for my 8am appt when I didn’t receive the MASSIVE docs list until 10pm, well I’m going on 1am and just now wrapping up. Not happy with Timios…

1 Like

The offered $90 to me today at 4pm for an 8am signing for this morning. I got $125, but, did not get the docs until almost 10pm and there are SO many. I’m just now wrapping up.

1 Like