Title Companies Don't Need Us

You would be an amazing Mortgage Officer or a Real Estate Agent. I should know. I’ve worked in Banking (mortgage lending, Mgmt, Dist Mgmt - one of the Big 5 banks) etc… over 29 years. Both of these jobs might offer you the Flexibility you might be looking for. I just went back to work in Banking ( they pay me a lot - after 29+ yrs). I still pick up signings here and there. Trying to save enough money to retire before I turn 55. Having experience, I think you do well in Mortgage Lending. I am also licensed in Stocks and Bonds. I think you might do well as a Financial Advisor as well (need to pass Series 6.7,63, &65). Any body can be a mortgage officer. It takes a little more work to be a financial advisor. But a Good Mortgage officer can make as much money as a good financial advisor. I think this Notary Gig is more of a Side hustle. You might try Banking - No special training needed. :-). I am impressed with your Drive and Persistence. You Go…

4 Likes

@docusignexpert - are you replying to me or @noblenotary615?

wow. both of you are impressive. And – Your “walking the pavement” will eventually pay off.

2 Likes

@docusignexpert - Thank you, Jennifer! I’ve considered becoming a real estate agent, but I’m not sure about all the constant self-marketing I need to do. With signings, I figure once I’ve got a dozen direct clients or so, I’m just consistently marketing to them.

As for being a mortgage officer, I feel like it’s a 9-5 and I really have no desire to constantly be “on.” Are you telling me that there’s flexibility in it?

The attraction of signing for me is that I pick and choose when I work and don’t work if there’s a dance recital or soccer game to attend.

1 Like

You can try CPAs and Estate Planning Attorneys too. CPA just referred me to Someone who paid me $300 to come to his Home Owners Association meeting to Notarize 18 signatures. Sometime Trust Attorneys have clients who need notaries sent to their homes.

9 Likes

@docusignexpert - Oh, I’ve got them lined up! Every title/lawyer’s office is always nearby another lawyer, title office, insurance, or CPA in my area. It’s much harder to get past their receptionists so I’m trying to devise a different marketing strategy for them. I do always stop in and drop off business cards when I’m on my marketing pop-ins.

Got any tips?

1 Like

I just had a friend move to Loan Depot. She is working from home most of the time. It is definitely Not a 9-5 job. Years ago, I’d get up at 6am to work on my files and I’d be done by 1pm. And you don’t need a lot of knowledge.

2 Likes

I was a mortgage officer when my daughters were young. It was really nice to have all the Flexibility. I was able to go to many of their School events in the middle of the day.

I am in Michigan and I did the rounds with goody bag with business card /credentials. Got the manager/schedulet’s business card and followed up via phone/email. Weeks later got invited to attend a preferred closers training. This is a multi-office TC and most are their closer are thirty miles away at their main office. Had my first closing with them and I am in! The second TC is a one office company expanding to multi offices! The Owner wants me to come in to do a mock signing. Don’t give up and always follow up!

15 Likes

Congrats @triangleconceptsnotary! Best of luck to you

1 Like

That is good news! Glad to hear that local TC attitudes are changing. Congratulations to you!!!

3 Likes

Have you taken Mark Wills class? I was very skeptical at first, I felt the same way you did but I ended up taking it and learned A LOT. it’s more than what you see on YouTube. And if you don’t like it, he offers a money back guarantee, no questions asked. You also have access to the Facebook group with over 12,000 signing agents to ask questions and get tips from them. As others said, it’s a marathon, not a sprint. A helpful tip that I try to remember is that you shouldn’t be looking for a yes or no. You aren’t selling anything to them, you are offering a service. And one day, they may need you. Don’t give up. You know your state better than I do so maybe you are right, maybe they don’t need you, but I would keep trying.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone for your helpful responses!

3 Likes

I understand some don’t like the 6 figure guy. Why I don’t know. He teaches individuals how to build a business not how to make 6 figures. There are many who have gone on to be very successful as I am sure there are many who didn’t make it. Noblenotary615 I am 3 months in. My 1st month over $5k. 2nd month over $6200. Last month $5500 and 1/2 the 1st week and 1/2 the last week I missed. I just started marketing to EO. Yesterday after several visits to a the same office I got a call from them. I just finished a seller/buyer package. $185 1 hour of work and 15 minutes of driving. Only thing I can say is believe in yourself. Find what works. If getting direct work doesn’t happen than work all the SS. Build your foundation. You got this. Good luck

8 Likes

Cheers. Thanks. All I can do is try. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn’t, it doesn’t.

The two fisted notary!

These student make these 10K claims but I haven’t witness any invoices or stubs showing their income for that given month. It’s a guy in Alabama who I dominated on video making 10K claims and never submitted any invoices of his signings for a given month. He makes 10K but no longer have his website on Google. He was just marketing to capture more potential signing agent for Alabama. I was once in the program but ditched it. This guy was a huge lair and never submitted his earnings to certify his pay.

1 Like

It’s a tough business to break into wherever you are, Noble - that’s just a fact of life.

I’m in Western WA, which is swamped with eager newbies all battering down the doors of every title company - so much that most of them have retreated to the safety of Snapdocs, where they put those of us they have been using for years on their preferred status and have access to a pile of others if they need them. But I have a number of good solid clients who still prefer to call me when they need a signing agent (bless their hearts).

My suggestion? I have a solid business plan. However, again, my area is swamped by newbies. And maybe this makes me a bad person, but I don’t feel it’s necessary to feed the competition.

Feel free to email me via Notary Cafe. Tennessee is far enough away - I’d give you a hint or two.

3 Likes

Hi, I was watching these Mark Wills videos and I only have the stomach to see only one and a half of the other, in the first that woman claims making " six signings today,(took time to shoot the video with Mark) and then go to finish the seventh, Super NSA Agent Movie, well directed, she never took her eyes from the left part of the screen, and other guy spending 35, yes 35 years working for UPS, I just stop watching because i wanted to puke, let me tell you something the only video that rally inspired me years back was the one where Ms. Carol Ray show us how to conduct a signing, That’s it!

2 Likes

Did you see my post on the thread: “Temper your expectations?”

Your sentiment echoes mine, Mannie. :sparkles::sunglasses::tulip:

See this link: Temper your expectations

3 Likes