Vylla Title

Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with Vylla Title? I completed a Refi with for them this past Friday evening and since then it has gone into a crazy downward spiral from the signers (who were so gracious and warm and open to me, etc.), to the agent who assigned me the signing, and now to the agent who I had to follow up with on the signing due to the signers stating I had their life insurance policy and had them sign a POA at the very end of the signing…… Which I most certainly did not, and have never had those document’s other than what was sent to me from Vylla. I was talked to very badly this evening by the Rep who answered the Vylla phone lines. I am not sure why the signers are insisting I had their life insurance policy and POA when that is not and has not been the case, ever. Now Vylla is acting as if I may have done something wrong and speaking very badly to me. I am in shock. I have never experienced this. During the signing, there was a mother (60-ish) and her daughter (30-ish) both present with me. I left a copy with them as instructed and went thru each thing the mother was singing for her REFI. Everything was fine and then the signer’s daughter began calling me Saturday and Sunday asking why I didn’t leave the copies of the mother’s life insurance and POA. I explained I have not ever had those docs as this is a REFI and I was given what Vylla sent to me. Now Vylla acts as though I have done something wrong. I have been so upset by the way I have been spoken to by the Vylla REP this evening. I do not understand why or how this could even be happening. Has anyone else experienced anything like this, maybe not even with Vylla, but with another company in general? Any suggestions for me? I am just in shock at this point. Thank you in advance for any advice anyone can give me, as it will be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

cuss her out, let her have it :muscle: :muscle:

1 Like

Two separate issues here…and the ‘have life insurance policy’ & ‘sign a POA’ are potentially the more serious and separate false accusations as it appears (to me–with not enough info provided in post) that the signer/s are attempting to falsely frame you for ‘something’ (theft of life ins. policy?) Are the signer/s somehow confusing the ‘commitment for title policy’ with a ‘life ins.policy’? But, it ‘sounds like’ they may be accusing you of having (who is ?) ‘them’ sign a POA’ (to who?)–you?–giving you authority to…(what)?

IF (you didn’t say) that’s what the signer/s are accusing you of doing, yes, I can see where Vylla is hysterical. Any title co (or rep, lender, signing service) would be.

What to do: Never delete the refi docs as that’s your only ‘proof’ of what you received/had signed.
A life ins. policy has nothing to do with a refi.-- so that ‘accusation’ is confusing. There probably WAS a POA (allowing corrections for clerical/typographical errors ONLY) in the refi pkg. But it ‘sounds like’ signers are accusing you of having them sign a POA giving you authority to ‘what’? At least, it ‘sounds like’ that’s what Vylla thinks they were told by the signer/s.

All I can say is: Right now, keep a complete record of EVERYTHING and your recollections. (your post is a good start). Just in case somebody starts a lawsuit or accuses you of a crime.

For whatever my following story is worth: I once had some nut want me to assist him in doing an archaic act called a ‘notary protest & dishonor’ (google it–some nuts are trying to twist this into ‘a legal (not) method to cancel any debt’). I sure as heck didn’t want to get involved in this nonsense so told the guy ‘sorry, not familiar enough with the process, so I am declining your request & can only suggest you find a notary who knows how to handle this’. He then said he’d turn me in to the SOS for an improper refusal to notarize (which, theoretically, could cost me my commission). The good news is nothing ever came of his threat.

6 Likes

I was in such shock, I cant remember the last time I have been spoken to like that honestly. :roll_eyes:

Yes ma’am, I really appreciate your response. I have felt sick over this entire incident and this is exactly what I feel like, that I am “being framed” for something, such as her life insurance docs and a POA, which I had neither of. I feel as though now the mother and daughter who were both in the room with me the entire time are “up to something”. I have been so upset over this entire issue. I do have the completed doc set, I also scanned into Snapdocs and then sent FED EX with their shipping label, because the signers want a copy of everything they signed now. But there will still be no life insurance or POA in those docs, as those docs were never in that packet that I downloaded to begin with. I am still in disbelief over this entire situation. Again, thank you for your responses. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I hope that you’re just dealing with some very confused signers who have (I believe) somehow managed to confuse a title insurance commitment (for the lender) with ‘life insurance’ and haven’t understood that a (usually included in refi) POA can be for many, but very specific, things.

And, I ‘think’ Vylla just hit the panic button after listening to very confused signer/s’ complaint.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, you are easing my mind, I have been extremely upset and stressed over this situation. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hopefully you won’t work for them again because its clear that they wouldn’t even hear you out if something went awry with another signing.

1 Like

They should already have this in the package you left with them (you did leave an entire copy of the documents with them, right?) - and if they look I bet they’re thinking of the Limited Power of Attorney that’s included in most loan packages allowing for the correction of clerical errors only; as for the life insurance - I’m leaning toward agreeing with Arichter, but was there a form in there opting to take credit life insurance and that’s what they’re looking for? If so they need to take that up with title or their lender.

2 Likes

Yes ma’am. I left an entire copy of the package with them. We even went through page by page as to what she was signing, and then I had them make sure they were following along in the same place with their entire copy of the packet.

WoW :flushed: this is an experience to learn from… I have never been in a situation like that, and Vylla Title have never given me any problem, and always on time witht payment. I see that the problem here is the signer and the daughter; those are very strong and strange accusations. I’ll keep doing what I’ve been doing since I started, to scan documents, regardless I don’t have to forward to hiring party, and keep them until I get paid and everything is clear. Hope you can handle this misunderstanding and your name stays clear :pray:
Thank you for the post, very helpful

1 Like

Thank you. I have lost sleep over this at this point and cannot understand why the mother and daughter are making accusations. I cannot get it to make sense to me. And Vylla Title spoke to me in such a way, I will be honest, it had me in tears because of the entire situation. I feel like I need to take a witness with me to do signings, which I have never done and not allowed to do. But these women, they are up to something and it truly scares me. I have a signing today and I’m all nervous just because of this last one.

1 Like

Have a blessed day and stay strong and be prayerful. I pray that this situation doesn’t get worse. Always document, send emails explaining situations and keep records of your documents. Be blessed.
Seems like notaries or LSA need to start recording the signings as long as they inform the other parties prior to recordings.

2 Likes

Thank you. And I have never had a problem until now. It scares me to go into a signing with no “back up” other than the docs I have been sent and uploaded, kind of like “their word against mine”. And then when Vylla jumped on their bandwagon, and was so awful, I am scared to do another signing right now. And that would be nice, to be able to record the signings as long as the other parties are informed. I hope this works itself out and the mother and daughter and Vylla, “jumped way too quick”…… Because this has me scared to be honest.

2 Likes

I would be scared too but it was a learning experience for you and good information for everyone. Thank you for sharing.
But if being a LSA is what you want to do you can’t let ignorant people and situations stop you. Remember you are a business owner and you can always develop new ideas to help defeat things like this for example as I suggested informing the signers that you are recording for “quality assurance”. Because of your situation I came up with that, I never would have thought to do this. Every time I would go to a signing something stupid will occur and I would always have to add some wording or something to my script when I call the signers.
You will encounter more ignorances and problems as you continue to be a LSA that’s gonna make your head spin and make you upset and cry too like I did many times.
Always have a back up job or plan because for me after doing this for 6 months I don’t do it anymore for lots of reasons.
Stay encouraged and don’t give up if you like what you’re doing.
Be Blessed.

3 Likes

I would tell Vylla, firmly and politely, they or the lenders need to call the signers and explain each POA in the package. In Florida, we can only state what the document is for the borrower. Any explanations of contents are done by title or lender because notaries are generally not attorneys. Panicked or not, I’m unclear why the Vylla rep would not be clearer with borrower and have borrower tell them which POA they are concerned with. It would be simple to clarify from there.

3 Likes

Thank you so very much for your response. I truly love being an LSA. I also own my own Bail Bonds Company with my husband and am a Licensed Bail Bond Agent and Recovery Agent. Guess it’s time to put some of my “skills” to use as an LSA. :smiley:

2 Likes

I completely agree. I am in Arkansas and we are not allows to explain any contents by title or lender for that same reason. I always refer them to the title or lender companies, which I have rarely had to do. When I get to most signings, the borrower’s have already seen everything I have, and most companies instruct me to leave a copy for them. And again, thank you for your response, especially about Vylla, to be “thrown under the bus”, “not taken up for”, and talked down to so bad. I hope nothing comes of this any further, but I wont work with Vylla again for the way I was was treated. I’m sure a lot of people have had great experiences with them, but that was my first AND last. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

So I ended up calling Vaylla this evening, the man I had the dis-pleasure of speaking to, was just as rude as the other lady a few days ago. I told him I would appreciate him speaking to me with the same respect that I have shown her and him. Anyways, after a long drawn out conversation of him cutting me off, going in circles, I realized I have an email from Vaylla from earlier today stating the following:

Yes, we received all executed docs in our office and lender has been provided with a copy. The lender provided me with the following message yesterday morning. No worries, you are fine.

She then followed up with the following email:

Good Morning,

Mrs Clay (client) and Mrs Tucker (myself) reached out to me on Monday. I have spoken to both Mrs Clay and Mrs Tucker about all of these concerns of a life insurance policy> I was scheduled to speak with Mrs Clay some more yesterday. But, she didn’t answer her phone. I will try and reach out to her again today. As far as I know, the only request that was made. Is that a copy of the signed documents be sent out to Mrs Clay as soon as available. Yesterday, I spoke with a Daniela Siofele from your office (the pleasant Vyalla Rep I first spoke with). She said that she would email the signed documents to me to send to Mrs Clay. Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

Still not understanding all of this and now the story has changed from the client. I was told just now by Vylla “don’t worry about it unless you get a knock on your door for a deposition, then you need to worry”. I am exhausted at this point, and have to just move on and hope that this goes away, as now the story is changing again… :disappointed_relieved:

I would suggest you notify your liability carrier of this issue - just in case. Unless you have only standard E&O, in which case an issue like this won’t be covered. Apparently Vylla has your back on this.

1 Like