Vylla Title

Thank you ma’am :gift_heart:

OMG :astonished: it’s getting worse this situation! Sorry to read this now… from now on I’ll be extremely cautious and record keep with Vylla Title documents. I hope this comes to an end by tomorrow :pray:

1 Like

Keep extensive notes of all conversations, e-mails, etc. Appears you’re not quite out of the woods yet because the copy they send the signer will NOT have a life ins policy or POA because they never existed to begin with. (I still think you’re dealing with a very confused signer…and really didn’t like the ‘don’t worry unless…’ comment made by Vylla.) My maxim: go in loaded for bear, but you’ll probably only see squirrels…

4 Likes

“don’t worry about it unless you get a knock on your door for a deposition, then you need to worry”.

Wow… makes me want to upgrade my own Signing Agent E&O

1 Like

Yes, that statement concerns me too - rather reckless of Vylla to say that and very cavalier about it IMO.

Agree - keep very good records of everything that happened - but one more thing

Take a deep breath and try to let it go - move on and work - do your job to the best of your ability. You ARE going to run into crazy, off the wall signers every now and then - you’ll get through this.

2 Likes

The more you have, the bigger a ‘deep pockets’ target you become because, right or wrong, the ins. carrier decides whether paying claim is cheaper than fighting it in court and usually former is chosen.

1 Like

Very simple remedy! The title company can research the docs they sent you. And if you notarized a POA, have whomever produce a copy of your notary stamp on it.!!

1 Like

This is crazy! So sorry this happened to you.

I’ve done a bunch of refis for Vylla and, while I don’t enjoy their obnoxiously gigantic packages, have never experienced anything like this!

I always keep the pdf version of every closing package I complete. Unfortunately some of these title companies and signers just cannot be trusted.

I know that it can be SO FRUSTRATING when people make false accusations/have misunderstood something and then talk rudely to YOU but I’ve been learning to just let it go…

“My apologies, but there must have been a misunderstanding because I never did x thing. Oh, you still think I did x thing? Well prove it or leave me alone. I’m a busy professional and also have my own life. Bye!”

Lol.

It’s innocent until proven guilty. Not guilty until proven innocent.

1 Like

wow, sorry for this very bad experience, more that unfortunately we, as a NSA, look we at the end we are the ‘bad’ of every signing. I have been performing closings for several years, and several times, I had cry too, for the bad manners of some titles rep, but, also, I have some glad compliments, which I keep for future references.
I’m in Miami, Florida, and of course, we are not allowed to explain with details the documents, but I never seen a Life insurance document in any closing package, only limited POA, regarding clerical or typo errors.
Not all the time borrowers have the right, and I think title companies need to find out what exactly happen before make a decision, and as professional, avoid any misunderstanding.
I hope and wish you a happy end and keep going with your work this is only a bad experience.
blessings!!

1 Like

Vylla is on my do not use list.

2 Likes

I had a similar event when a gentleman called asking if I would notarize document prepared by a paralegal so he could gain control of a trust his grandparents had set up. It all the hallmarks of fraud. I refused to notarize and referred him to the attorney of his choice.

Is it possible your signers aren’t playing with a full deck; mental / memory impairment?

2 Likes

Too much E&O makes you a target, too little can result in financial disaster. I’ve published my E&O amounts on my website. I only indicate I’m insured. If I’m asked for my insurance I tell them to have their attorney call me with a subpoena. This forces the Attorney to justify why they need it.

I will provide a copy of my E&O to Title companies, Lenders, and SS.

2 Likes

I assume you meant you ‘do not’ publish your E&O amount on your website. Wise man.

1 Like

I would E-Mail the company and communicate what happen in writing.

1 Like

Awful I have a fast scanner mobile power source I scan on site for this reason usually notated if mobile upload scanned in front of client. Or on journal with signature initials of the client it was verified packaged in front of them or not concerns at the time of signing, where company needed to be contacted. Some note where ite not he said she said with documentation paper trail. People can be fickle. Document or it didn’t happen I learned that from working in medical office for years you didn’t chart it it didn’t happen I would rather over document then get accused of non action or issues later.

Also why I have a car camera for time stamp when I get to locations two, no accusations of being late separate source and has internal GPS

I believe the borrowers misunderstood what the POA was for. I have had multiple borrowers question me about that document. If the title company contacts you again, ask them to explain, to the borrower, what that is for.

2 Likes

They are on mine as well after the “don’t worry unless a knock on your door for a deposition” remark. No thank you. Moving on from them…

2 Likes

Possibly, but it I did the signing on 02/26/21 and that is the only signing in my Snapdocs that the status has never changed. All others before that date and after either say “closed” or “completed”. So something is still not right. But I will worry about it when the time comes I guess. :sweat: