WARNING: Brother Bilingual Notary

I did two jobs for BBN on 3/30 ($80) and 4/12 ($80) and still have not been paid. I left several voice messages, e-mails, text messages and even left a message on BBN Facebook pageā€¦ no luck. : (

1 Like

(CA) I am fortunate in that I have not been stiffed by any signing service other than Bilingual Brothers, and then, for $50 of my $100 fee. My advice to yā€™all: donā€™t work with Bilingual Brothers. Run 'em out of the business. Advise title/lender/escrow of your non-payment experience and move on.

Just got paid yesterday after reaching out to Title. Checks was sent right away.
I will never work for them again.

2 Likes

(CA) Good for you, kid. I call them Bifurcate Brothers. Never again will I do a job for those punks.

I wish I would have read all these comments before taking my signing in July. Iā€™m still trying to get paid. Two emails to them so far has resulted in no response. With so few closings available in my area now, it stinks having to chase money owed to me.

1 Like

Brothers Bilingual Notaries always pays me in a timely manner, direct deposit to my bank account, never had a problem with them, I wish if they have some signings availabe in my area, send these to me!

@mannie1950 youā€™ve been known to say itā€™s okay to wait 60-90 days to be paid - what do you consider ā€œa timely mannerā€?? IMWTK

1 Like

Some TC and SS, when they offer you and you accept on the orders paperwork they state: Notary Payment: ā€œYour payment is typically issued within 35 days of signing and will be issued such dateā€ or ā€œRemainder: We pay the 1st Monday following 4 weeks from the signing date, as long as we have all of your updated paperwork on fileā€ and they pay you on time, other companies pay in a week, others every two weeks, some in a month others take as long 90 or more days, it depends on wich SS or TC you are takings signings from them, so patient is a virtue, Iā€™m always been paid does not matter how long it takesā€¦

Itā€™s wise to always remember to query if their payment interval is 35 days calendar days or 35 business days of the signing.

There is quite a gap of time between those two intervals . . .

:swan:

1 Like

Having a payment issue with BBL as well! I have left 2 vm and sent 2 emails and no response. Their pay schedule states net 30. It has only been 40 days so far, however, I very much wish to be paid on time as do other signing agents. We as signing agents have to conduct ourselves with a high level of conduct and one of those is to be on time for signings and etc. Not sure if I should reach out to Title or email them first and state I will contact Title. I will also notify the BBB. Any thoughts?

Thanks everyone!

@shannonebrock FYI: For general future reference - in the event that you may need guidance with collection of Past Due funds - please reference this sagacious & effective process by @rparker :

Yes!! Problem with payment. Closed in Dec 22, no payment, no response to numerous call and invoicing.
Voicemail now full and not accepting messages.

@pescott33 Sorry to read about your non-payment direct experience with BBN.

Perchance did you see the post just above yours that contains the direct Notary Cafe url link for the Step-by-Step Guide for payment of Professional Signing Agent [PSA] fees for services successfully provided?

======

Also, you may find it helpful to Search the plethora of threads (a GOLDMINE) within the Notary Cafe database. Access this database directly anytime via the Magnifying Glass. To be helpful, there is an image below to help you locate it as many members state that itā€™s quite difficult/nearly impossible to find.

Performed a cursory Search for you and there are 9 threads on this list:

https://forum.notarycafe.com/search?q=Bilingual%20Brothers

You may be able to find posts within those threads that reveal how to achieve payment.

Thanks for posting this. Iā€™ve been sending emails with no response. I took everyoneā€™s advice and emailed the Title company. Hopefully this works.
Itā€™s very frustrating to know that Brother Bilingual has been paid and they make you beg for your agreed upon amount.

I contacted luis@bbnorders.com after not getting paid for some old orders, and no response from orders@bbnorders.com

To my surprise, Luis called me immediately and I received payment today for the orders.

I noticed a direct deposit form attached to the original order from them, so I filled that out and sent to them as well.

Luis called me from (480) 341-1493. The number on their website and signingorder was not receiving calls, which he said was an issue with their MagicJack phone system.

They got me too 3 months late phone no. on SO says not ready for phone calls!!!?

Brothers is the only signing service I will NOT work with. They cut me fee in half for no reason and took months to pay me. I wasnā€™t stiffed but I wasnā€™t happy either. And, I ALWAYS collect. A word to the wise. . .

Been waiting since September 7th for payment. Spoke to Ely who promised payment would be mailed. Havenā€™t seen a dime yet. Keep on getting solicitations to do work. Phone numbers that I have for them as follows: 623-999-3550 626-242-5542.

Thanks for posting those phone numbers! Iā€™ve been trying to get payment on an order I did with them in August. Itā€™s been so frustrating since they donā€™t respond to emails and the only number I had for them doesnā€™t work. I will definitely be trying the ones listed here ASAP. They are already on my bad list, but I still want the money they owe.

Did you ever get paid. Iā€™m still waiting!