👎 WARNING: Prestige Notaries => Non payment issues

I am having problems getting payment from Prestige Notaries. I noticed that back in February someone else wrote in on this company. I have worked for them for years and don’t recall having issues before with them, but I warn everyone to not accept work from PrestigeNotaries. Our time is money!

2 Likes

@Amy_Boyd & all Notary Cafe members: Please review these threads when considering accepting Signing Orders [SOs] from any of the below business entities.

======

There are 41 existing threads about this business entity 'Prestige Notaries’ & non-payment on this direct Notary Cafe page:

https://forum.notarycafe.com/search?q=prestige

======

There are 12 threads on one of the names of the business entity owner/President/CEO - Jennifer Garland:

https://forum.notarycafe.com/search?q=jennifer%20garland

======

There are 7 threads on one of the names of the business entity owner/President/CEO - Jennifer Glover:

https://forum.notarycafe.com/search?q=jennifer%20glover

======

There are 5 threads for this business entity ‘sister company’ Notaries in Action:

https://forum.notarycafe.com/search?q=%22Notaries%20in%20Action%22

There are some additional threads that tie these companies together:

Shasta Signings AKA Prestige Notaries AKA NotaryDash AKA Notaries in Action Inc

:swan:

Jeremy took first place from me and gave it to them a decade ago. It’s obvious how wrong that is. They use a fake address in San Diego and route the calls to Washington state, then hire their own notary to meet with the clients.

I had many conversations with Carmen about this and she never had a kind word to say about them.

and Jeremy does nothing about it because they pay the highest price. I had it out with him about this same issue several years ago - told him he is not helping notaries by allowing signing services to list above the notaries. She also lists in many areas in Florida

1 Like

Discovered this “trick” many years ago as well & found it to be present across several states. It’s a ‘sucker punch’ to notaries/professional signing agents [PSAs] . . .

There’s quite a gap between the budget available to a PSA for ‘Marketing’ and a Signing Service [SS].

:thinking::thought_balloon:

Hi Linda, remember when he would randomly call and test you? I wrote some of the questions. Then years later, he called me a couple of months after I had recovered from extensive cancer-related chemotherapy, and I failed the test. The F’ker removed my 123 certification and hasn’t given it back.

1 Like

I do Joe. I got the call … not at 3am lol … Since I was out of loan signings at that time I refused to answer any questions related to that. Problem with his test is it is California-specific … no wiggle room allowing for other states’ practices and procedures.

Hello,
Yes I was also one of them that posted. I am not at all one to post anything negative but after months I did. Prestigious Notaries has paid all of mine to date and I decline any and all since then. The owners defense is that the full detailed instructions for sending invoices are not followed… Right down to exactly what’s in the subject line, how it’s typed in etc… so I followed to the T exactly that way… They were still Upwards of 4-6 months but I did finally receive…
Jody

2 Likes

Thank you Jody for posting this. I too do not like posting negatively and out of frustration did the other day. I’m actually getting paid, but had to scream and send the work orders with individual invoices as requested. They tried the runaround but finally caved after the entire package of work orders with separate invoices were sent. Not to mention the postings on this forum.
Separate invoicing is not standard in this business!
Your closed W/O is the invoice. It is very hard to keep track of which company wants what when you juggle multiple a day.
Perhaps that’s to their benefit.
It states payment will be paid 30 days from receipt of your invoice. If you don’t catch it it gives them a long time to pay. No matter, I will not accept anymore work from them .

@Sjkad55 Thank You for sharing your direct experience with this business entity. :crown: This information will be helpful to all Notary Cafe members.

Concur :100: percent with your decision to “decline any and all” Signing Orders [SOs] from them. Truly, that’s quite an inordinate amount of time [4-6 months] to wait for payment of services.

I wish I had seen this thread before I accepted. I believe they called and caught me off guard. Hoping they call again so I can play turnabout!

Amy, sorry about the difficulties with this vendor. I had the same issue with them and will not work with them any longer. I have had great luck working directly with title companies in my area. I make 3 times as much as you can with these signing services and they are very prompt on payment. I almost always have a check with me as I go to the closing. Food for thought.

2 Likes

Zed, sorry about the difficulties with this vendor. I had the same issue with them and will not work with them any longer. I have had great luck working directly with title companies in my area. I make 3 times as much as you can with these signing services and they are very prompt on payment. I almost always have a check with me as I go to the closing. Food for thought.

1 Like

Same here. Never had an issue and now I’ve been fighting them for months!

I just got paid! I scanned all my work orders with my separate invoices ( showing I had followed their billing instructions) I said that it was unacceptable to not pay their vendors or at least communicate and I was going to be taking further steps along with notifying notaries on all forums.
The owner has a pleading blog on why she started her business ( one of these threads).
I replied to her that if she could not handle the business and run it sufficiently then close it or get her accounting in order

1 Like

@Amy_Boyd Congratulations on your Success! :crown: Concur :100: percent with:

Not only unacceptable, it’s unprofessional & immoral to do so.

======

Love this quote by Norman Schwarzkopf:

“The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it.”

And, this one by Mark Twain:

“Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.”

I was into the 40 plus days and had to bug them for two weeks, but eventually got paid. They use some excuse about someone being ill. It looks like my experience was not unique, and I will not take signings from them in the future.

Just a hint on how I determine how to answer a company I have worked with and have saved their phone number. I put a star rating in front of their name so, in the case of Prestigious Notaries, when they call me, this will pop up on my phone and I can decide whether to answer or not - " * Prestigious Notaries". I might even assign a different phone ring. Seeing that one star lets me know what my answer will be, and why I’m answering that way.

Wow, I have not had an issue but maybe got lucky. I don’t work for them often. I will keep that in mind.

I and my brother have both recently been paid by Prestige Notaries. It took a while but with gentle reminders we were paid. Everyone is having a hard time lately. I don’t think they would hold back on payment unless they were forced to.