What Are Your Fees

If you are getting paid those prices for your area and it keeps you busy… I salute you… keep doing what you are doing :clap::clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

Your fee schedule looks normal for traditional closing. I would keep it as is to be competitive. Not too high or too low. You should be in good shape. I would even negotiate higher if the distance is outside your normal mile radius, number of signers, number of pages, POA etc. Do you only do traditional?

1 Like

True.:grin: God definitely was watching over me. Yesterday, my last closing was with an elderly couple who were sharper than us youngins, they wanted to read page by page line by line. Took me 1 hour and 15 minutes for a 20-30 minutes closing. I was lucky that it was my last one, otherwise my ship would sink because I would never rush them. I was freaking inside though as I always do pretty tight back to back closing. Phew…….:hugs:

1 Like

working for Title or Signing Company’s! ? looks like Title!

2 Likes

I am just thinking out loud. Honestly, I don’t blame anybody for taking low fees or whatever the amount they can get their hands on. Things are tough right now, if people can afford to take low fees then more power to them. Whatever works. Everyone’s situation is different so do what is right for you and your family. Good luck and God bless to all! Hang on tight, it’s going be a rough ride!

4 Likes

Time and time again… we all keep shaming and blaming newer The new LSA…

Everyone has the right to set their own personal fees as they feel it meets their needs. For someone like myself who have zero debt, is supported by my husband and live in an area where the cost of living is low I cannot be held responsible for others who got into this business because they were conned into the $10k a month dream.

Until each Notary in each area can band together to support each other and work together it’s every man for themselves out in the streets. My minimum fee for refinances are $90. There is a notary in my area that says she will not do it for under $150… that’s fine. But don’t be mad at me cause your lifestyle dictates your fees.

I am running my business, you run yours. Notaries who fail to understand the foundation of how to run a business will soon weed themselves out. If you want to turn your frustration on the low fees being offered it should not be directed towards the “Newbies”.

17 Likes

@DocsToSign FYI: For a valid Reality Check, see the survey results for ‘How much can I earn as a mobile Notary or a Signing Agent?’ dated June 8, 2021.

2 Likes

I wish, I am in California & work with online companies to get signings. They start at like 75 for Refinances…! I wish I knew how to cut out the middleman.
Anyone doing this for themselves?

1 Like

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: 90% direct clients. I’ll pick up a few from title 365 for my direct rate.

3 Likes

You should not be discussing specific fees here.

3 Likes

Why should they not be discussing their specific fees here?

10 Likes

@katherine_burton - why not? Anyone can openly disclose their fees on a forum and there’s nothing wrong with it - if they choose to publish their fee schedule, that’s their choice. There’s nothing wrong with it unless it’s done in a way that it’s an attempt to get people to charge one set fee or set of fees (price fixing) - this OP did not do that.

Do I agree with publicly posting specific fee schedules? No, I don’t. Fees are too fickle and subject to re-negotiation and adjustment - but I would not like to publicly tell my competition what I’m charging. But that is each person’s own decision and choice.

JMO

6 Likes

I love working direct. You get paid super fast. If I get multiple closings from the same title for example on the the same day or at the same signing location I only charge $150 per signing. Normal fee $200. I also love that they show my fee in two places, CD and ALTA.

3 Likes

I like that. The $150 for 2 is smart business> Yep

1 Like

@cNsa5 Thank you for that article. I had read that also about a month ago. That’s really an interesting article, but keeping in mind everyone’s hustle is different. I’m not trying to get rich quick. I am financially secure already. I have several businesses and was introduced to this business last year on a Delta flight, just sitting and talking with the passenger next to me. More than anything, I love being a Notary & LSA and I’m in it for the long haul. I have to admit I have been truly blessed therefore I try to be a blessing to others. I love it so much I give my services away for free from time to time and to help people out. My goal is always to be a help to someone.
Thanks again for the article, I’m sure it will help someone on their journey.

2 Likes

Why not? @ Katherine_burton. I certainly did not mean to offend anyone, It did make for an interesting topic. I was only soliciting input from others and to get their opinions and ideas. I didn’t know it would generate this much response.

That’s right @ LindaH-FL. I agree with you, fees are always subject to negotiation, sometimes less and sometimes more. Nothing is written in stone in any business.

$150 for each loan…….:grin::grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

I think Colorado is busy this month for a lot of notaries because I received calls for chase for today anytime signings today-good fee too and for tomorrow but I couldn’t take any because I’m booked for the next two weeks. They also told me that they had a closing that the notary didn’t show up because she was over booking herself! Yikes! Sorry I would love to help but I can’t!

2 Likes

Apiece ! Yes of course. :pray: :ok_hand:

1 Like