Where did all the signings go?

@mannie1950 Concur :100: percent! :owl:

TRUTH => a vitally important resource, especially now.

For a healthy perspective within ANY business sector, it’s germane and critical to success to seek out & value/consider BOTH sides of the scenario.

If one side is dismissed, when the pitfalls appear on the horizon one will not have the advantage of being prepared to manage them.

If the information provided is sugar-coated, it will be IMPOSSIBLE to establish & maintain appropriate expectations; i.e., there are already more than sufficient tales about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, etc., which lead to disillusionment and develop a lack of trust for their elders once the truth comes to light . . . :disappointed_relieved:

======

As a 3-time cancer survivor/thriver, I’ll take the TRUTH [includes all sides of a situation] any day, all day long . . .

It’s the OPTIMUM method for navigating through the vagaries of life and contending with the struggles presented.

======

My personal philosophy is: I plan for the WORST and hope for the BEST!

:swan:

P.S. An excellent quote by Dostoevsky . . .

“Above all, do not lie to yourself. A man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point where he does not discern any truth either in himself or anywhere around him, and thus falls into disrespect towards himself and others. Not respecting anyone, he ceases to love . . . and it all comes from lying continually to others and to himself.” Dostoevsky, ‘The Brothers Karamazov’

3 Likes

Ahhh what are your thoughts on people like Mark Wills and the people that fell for the six figure hoax? Do you think they really believed they would be successful doing $75 signings? Do you feel bad for the people that thought they could make a living without even understanding the basic principals of economics and business and having the audacity to ask, where did all the signings go? Your thoughts?

Mark Wills, Mark Wills. Oh, brother! Potions and Lotions, Serums and Snakeoil. He’s a salesman and he could be doing what he’s doing in many fields of work. Some people love to be sold and others simply won’t buy it. In a way, I admire him because he found a clever way to make money. Bully for him.

Of course there is always that one person who has boundless energy, lots of time and proven skills who can go out and get the business and make a lot of dough. I believe there are one or two who contribute regularly to this site if I read them correctly.

But, I’m too old a bunny and have been around too long to buy into most of the fabulously busy and profitable claims I read about in the Forum. Nobody is that busy (and also has the time to be reading and writing dozens and dozens of posts on this website, too). It just doesn’t add up. But I’m not saying it cannot be done; rather, it’s just unlikely in my opinion. And, nobody cares about my opinion, anyway. So, what am I trying to say?

Well, I agree with you Jason, It’s pretty hard (though certainly not impossible) to make much margin (not profit, but real margin) on almost any $75 signing. There are just not enough dollars in the the equation to work with. And, those folks who got into this business under the illusion that they’d make a lot of money and not have to work that hard (variables on both) will soon find out that they misjudged the market or their abilities, or their expenses, or their sustainability, or, or , or. . . No, my friends, there is no magic potion sold by Mark Wills or anybody else that leads to [easy?] riches. There is nothing new under the sun.

Wanna make a good living as a notary? I know one way that has always worked. I respectfully encourage y’all to adopt what is called, the “Fruits of the Spirit” as you pursue your chosen vocation of being a notary. They are: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, Faithfulness, and, Self-Control.

Liberally sprinkle those attributes with Being Memorable, Perseverance, Knowing Your Stuff, Following-up and Finishing Strong.

Make sense?

If I’ve overlooked a word or two that you live by, by all means, add them to the list.

4 Likes

Agreed. He is smart! I wish I thought of it first! :grin:

1 Like

I wish a did too! :joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::joy:

You’re 100% right!!! Preach it, brother :+1::+1::+1:

GNW = General Notary Work