Where did all the signings go?

Ahhh what are your thoughts on people like Mark Wills and the people that fell for the six figure hoax? Do you think they really believed they would be successful doing $75 signings? Do you feel bad for the people that thought they could make a living without even understanding the basic principals of economics and business and having the audacity to ask, where did all the signings go? Your thoughts?

Of course there is always that one person who has boundless energy, lots of time and proven skills who can go out and get the business and make a lot of dough. I believe there are one or two who contribute regularly to this site if I read them correctly.

But, Iā€™m too old a bunny and have been around too long to buy into most of the fabulously busy and profitable claims I read about in the Forum. Nobody is that busy (and also has the time to be reading and writing dozens and dozens of posts on this website, too). It just doesnā€™t add up. But Iā€™m not saying it cannot be done; rather, itā€™s just unlikely in my opinion. And, nobody cares about my opinion, anyway. So, what am I trying to say?

Well, I agree with you Jason, Itā€™s pretty hard (though certainly not impossible) to make much margin (not profit, but real margin) on almost any $75 signing. There are just not enough dollars in the the equation to work with. And, those folks who got into this business under the illusion that theyā€™d make a lot of money and not have to work that hard (variables on both) will soon find out that they misjudged the market or their abilities, or their expenses, or their sustainability, or, or , or. . . No, my friends, there is no magic potion sold by Mark Wills or anybody else that leads to [easy?] riches. There is nothing new under the sun.

Wanna make a good living as a notary? I know one way that has always worked. I respectfully encourage yā€™all to adopt what is called, the ā€œFruits of the Spiritā€ as you pursue your chosen vocation of being a notary. They are: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, Faithfulness, and, Self-Control.

Liberally sprinkle those attributes with Being Memorable, Perseverance, Knowing Your Stuff, Following-up and Finishing Strong.

Make sense?

If Iā€™ve overlooked a word or two that you live by, by all means, add them to the list.

8 Likes

Agreed. He is smart! I wish I thought of it first! :grin:

1 Like

I wish a did too! :joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::joy:

Youā€™re 100% right!!! Preach it, brother :+1::+1::+1:

GNW = General Notary Work

Thereā€™s a thin line that separates a good sales pitch and deception. I get the concept of Caveat Emptor. I also know there untruthfulness by omission. Iā€™m being contacted more frequently asking about what they were sold when it comes to this business.

I agree with you concerning the success bombers about how busy they are. Ironically several of them have slowed or stopped postings on this forum. When the sizable and majority of NSAs are struggling with fewer signing and lowering fees my natural skepticism is to ignore the braggarts.

Unfortunately several got into this business on the down swing. It looks like weā€™re heading into an atypical recession which may cause folks to become NSAs in order to generate income.

Hope and Dreams wonā€™t pay the light bill. As an example I went to college with a someone whoā€™s dream was to be a Civil Engineer. He discovered that dreams didnā€™t help him pass the mathematics requirements.

Hey speak for yourself! It works for me :relieved:

Doubt all you want, lol. Some of us keep crushing it and market weekly to increase client base.
I donā€™t post much, Iā€™m here for entertainment purposes and to help if I can.

1 Like

Yesterday I received a notification from a SS that I have done quite a bit of work for when I first started in Dec. it was a 2 page Deed 10 min from home with a same day flex time request for $50. I had an evening appointment and figured I could squeeze it in. I hit acceptā€¦. Did not get it.

Now the old me would have been bummedā€¦ but I was likeā€¦ ā€œforget you thenā€¦. :roll_eyes:

A few hours later my phone ringsā€¦ same offer different company approximately same distanceā€¦ direct accept.

Hope and dreams may not keep the lights on but faith will always keep me moving forward

5 Likes

Woot!!!:clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5:

No wonder so many people are on anti depressantā€™s, they thought they were entitled to a dream and could do whatever they want, now we have a massive student loan problem.

1 Like

I feel heā€™s (and some other NSA trainers) are taking advantage of some of these people. I am on certain FB groups and some complain that they arenā€™t getting any work from taking his classes or other trainers either. I thought they taught them how to market. Apparently not good enough.
I paid $50 bucks in 2004 to get trained by the NNA. Iā€™ve been an NSA for over 18 years. Iā€™ve gone through some tough times and very good times. This year is one of the worst (for me). I had to resort to my side hustles to keep the bills paid. But I feel things will get better. Mark is still peddling the ā€œnotary signing agent careerā€ as a lucrative career optionā€¦Letā€™s just say beware people. If some veterans are having it toughā€¦you will too, despite what they say. All the best to everyone. We will survive!

1 Like

Anytime someone promises you something that sounds too good to be true, it probably is. That said, thereā€™s nothing like good old-fashioned elbow grease.

1 Like

Do it I LOVE NOTARY GADGET!!!

Youā€™ve gotta be careful about these antidepressants and medications because the side effects
could be worse than the first problem

1 Like

Thanks for the information !

The mortgage industry went bust this year due to rising interest rates! Inventory of properties skyrocketed and itā€™s no longer a buyersā€™s market. Buyers are waiting for the right time again that may take years.

Agencies are bidding lower for the SAā€™s fee to compete with other agencies for a millions of dollars loan with $115 offer to the notary for 160 pages.

This agency system disregards inflation and likes to keep it at the $100 per package rate for over a decade now. Costs went up for materials and since 2009 inflation went up $20 +. Therefore when this system ignores inflation and all the rest, itā€™s no longer lucrative.

We are under no contract to accept provocative $70 offers to drive to Tiburon, CA for signings for instance. This is not a volunteer industry to do our duty as public servants this way though theyā€™ed like us to think itā€™s a crime to turn down pittance offers.

1 Like

Yes itā€™s been some good years however Iā€™ve since learned in the interim that this NSA industry is a greedy one with little regard for we Notary Publics.

Long ago the for profit greedy ones took away our per signature charges and put all the burdens on us dealing with inflation and material costs. They created fake laws making it unacceptable to turn down work offered us. They generally want to pay the least amount possible for decades at $100 max while agencies profit using a national work force of NSAā€™s.

Itā€™s not a good business plan assessment to think this is lucrative anymore. The potential liability driving around unknown streets, freeways, bridges, etc, isnā€™t at all reflected in these agencyā€™s low bid offers in 2022. No medical insurance either.

Itā€™s part time work for sure now. No more busy. Drink less coffee.

1 Like