Where did all the signings go?

Yep, super slow here in NorCal (I’m in the Davis area). Now all my signings come from escrow officers with lots of sales and purchases (also somewhat slow because inventory is low). Refis are driiiiiiied up!! :frowning: Definitely try and drum up as much direct business as you can. Good luck out there and keep your day job!

3 Likes

I use Notary Gadget. It costs about a hundred per year but is definitely worth it. No duplication, you enter everything only once.

1 Like

How do you market yourself to get GNW? I have my Google business page and have gone out to leave cards at retirement communities, nursing facilities, hospitals, some lawyer offices and realtors.
I hand out cards to people when I’m out and about.
I might get one to three requests a week if that. Past two weeks I haven’t had any requests- past months very, very slow I’m basically not working and want to be.

1 Like

Notary Gadget is Awesome! I’ve been using them for 2 months now and I have no complaints. It’s user friendly.

Michele,
I also have a Google Business page. It took me close to 2 years until I had enough reviews and posted enough pictures to put me in the top 25 listings that came up when people searched for a mobile notary. These past 3 months, I’m one of the top 3 most of the time. As long as I keep posting every week!

I have 50, 5 star reviews now which helps a lot. I ask all my GNW customers to leave me a review. They all say yes, but maybe only a 1/3 of them do it. Can’t do anything about that, though!

This month my GNW contributed to almost a third of my income. Which has never happened before. Made me very happy since the signings have gone down and I will never ever take a low ball offer. EVER!

Happy to hear this is all over. Im in Texas a newbie so I thought it was because of that I wasn’t getting much signings.

Thank you for the reple Diane. I have a Google biz page that also is ranked high for viewing. I do the same, ask for reviews but only a few really take out the time to post something. Congrats on the extra income!

1 Like

What is GNW? I am no recognizing those letters. Thanks

General notary work. GNW. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I agree with you Denise. There are more than a few companies and I won’t name names, that give the idea of making six figures or those who can make more than 10k a month. I think there are now more agents out there trying to start a new gig because of this misinformation. Fear not, because the agents that are doing this for the long haul and know how to diversify their time, will still be around when those part timers find something else to do. I think this is a cycle, and it will balance out.

2 Likes

I’m new this this I need all the advise I can get location Texas

Please I just started any advice for a new agent

I’m an Arizona Notary… this form is full of information and people with much more experience than me who can support you.

Go to the beginner’s category…some of us have posted info there

It would help if you would (a) post this question there…and (b) let us know where you are located

Hi there! What kind of advice are you looking for? Many of your questions can be answered by clicking the [invisible] magnifying glass in the black panel at the top of the page kind of near the little circle with your face in it. If you look carefully, you can see it; hover over it and click. Type your query and lo and behold, all of our bloviations will appear. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, come back and ask in the right category. We’re all here to help you.
I’m in California, the land of nutcakes!

Same thing here on the East Coast. Even less. Time to branch out.

I was in oblivion once. I think I passed by your office, Mannie.

1 Like

I never been in oblivion and I hope I will never be, that is because I have other skills to put in practice so this slow spell into the Notary signing business everyone is experiencing is not going to deter me in keeping going with life, IF the signing business comes back strong I will be there, if not, let it be, we will survive, cannot say the same for these young ones who lured with the six figures hoax, put their money into equipment and classes on that funny Signing University hoping they will support their families, wives and children on the pretense of getting rich fast.

2 Likes

Let people hope and dream! You never know anything unless you try it! So new or not let people make their own decisions for themselves and their families without being told that there’s no hope! Or they can’t make six figures! You don’t know their background or experience that may possibly give them better opportunities within this business! Im hopefully for all signing agents! :heart:

3 Likes

@mannie1950 Concur :100: percent! :owl:

TRUTH => a vitally important resource, especially now.

For a healthy perspective within ANY business sector, it’s germane and critical to success to seek out & value/consider BOTH sides of the scenario.

If one side is dismissed, when the pitfalls appear on the horizon one will not have the advantage of being prepared to manage them.

If the information provided is sugar-coated, it will be IMPOSSIBLE to establish & maintain appropriate expectations; i.e., there are already more than sufficient tales about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, etc., which lead to disillusionment and develop a lack of trust for their elders once the truth comes to light . . . :disappointed_relieved:

======

As a 3-time cancer survivor/thriver, I’ll take the TRUTH [includes all sides of a situation] any day, all day long . . .

It’s the OPTIMUM method for navigating through the vagaries of life and contending with the struggles presented.

======

My personal philosophy is: I plan for the WORST and hope for the BEST!

:swan:

P.S. An excellent quote by Dostoevsky . . .

“Above all, do not lie to yourself. A man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point where he does not discern any truth either in himself or anywhere around him, and thus falls into disrespect towards himself and others. Not respecting anyone, he ceases to love . . . and it all comes from lying continually to others and to himself.” Dostoevsky, ‘The Brothers Karamazov’

3 Likes