With inflation up to a 40-year high of 8.6%, the Fed raised its key interest rate by 3/4ths of a point and suggested that more hefty rate increases are likely

3/4% raise. Fed Attacks Inflation, Largest Rate Hike Since '94

[Fla.’s Investors Pull Back in 1Q 2022

Fla. has 4 of the top 10 cities for real estate investors, but they’re pulling back. U.S. investor purchases dropped 11.5% in 1Q 2022 compared to the previous quarter.

Other than TC’s and Real Estate Attys. We Notes are in the know regarding the above news.

So tell me from your point of view…What does this mean, not only for us, but the country as well?

It won’t be pretty for anyone.

6 Likes

My crystal ball is a bit foggy. Here’s what may happen; investors will start waiting to see if housing prices decline making investment purchases less expensive. Depending on how deep a recession sinks we may see an uptick on foreclosures making the purchase of investment properties more appetizing.

I also see a decline on NSA services, meaning we could see NSAs dropping out of the business. It’ll be most tragic to those who’ve based their future on 6 figure promises and hope and cheer.

7 Likes

I’m returning to productivity management, risk analysis and small business coaching to supplement my income. GNW is still the name of the game for me and I’ll pursue that as long as it generates a sufficient return. And, I’ll always handle my favorite Signing Service assignments.

My friends, the tough times I predicted several months ago are now upon us. I am dismayed with our current administration and lay almost all of the blame there. It’s not hard to see. They crushed the marketplace and wrecked the economy and there is no end in sight. Our society is damaged by outlandish and, in my view, perverted change (you know what I’m talking about), we are unsafe even at the store or in church and our money is worth about half what it once was. Closer to home, by the time the LSA world comes back, it’ll be largely automated and it won’t look the same as it did in 2019-2021. I try to be an optimist and I’ve always been a good soldier. But, I’m too old a bunny to fight unfair battles with the doddering fools that we’ve ill-advisedly elected.

So I sign off on this forum and wish all of you (especially my notarial brothers and sisters - y’all know who you are :wink:) the very best. Maybe I’ll see you down the road. God bless and keep you all.

Bobby

15 Likes

100% concurred!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for putting it out there. I think you know where I stand on this subject/current administration so I will zip my mouth on here!:zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:
May God bless you and yours. May you have a safe and successful business.

5 Likes

Like you I’m taking a different route. I’m focusing less on the NSA business and building my Tax business. Wish you the best.

3 Likes

Hey, you three…stick around…at least occasionally. I do agree…high seas and strong headwinds ahead. PLEASE…,.

8 Likes

I do not accept this “resignation”. Nope…not…no way

You cannot leave @Bobby-CA - although I do wish you all the best in your new (?) endeavor.

5 Likes

I second that!!!

1 Like

@RiverpointeTax & @Bobby-CA It’s been great getting to know you both. :sparkles::sweat_drops::boom: I’ll echo the above-expressed thoughts of PLEASE don’t leave - or, at least, come back & visit when you’re able, okay?

Regardless, I wish you each EXCELLENT health & WONDERFUL success in your endeavors. :peach:

:swan:

1 Like

Food shortage is coming….I’m scared. Think it’s a good idea to stock up just in case.

3 Likes

WOW ! I couldn’t agree MORE with all of you. I wish I could give 20 STARS/Likes. You guys are great and your sentiments expressed are what will hold this country together.
Logical thinking is in short supply … so Thanks guys. Gives me hope for the future.

1 Like

I remember you helped a new notary who was so nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs get through a closing! I just sent you a business secret and I hope it will help both your tax and signing businesses.

1 Like

I would like to think your passion alone for this industry will prevent you from moving on from here, but as you have previously stated, and I concur, my crystal ball is broken. I will still search for your wisdom and experience, as well as your stories. God bless!

1 Like

Remember the days when we could discuss and present what was “actually” happening and going on out there? I miss it dearly. And I feel bad because the people with “small bubbles” are being penalized for it.

1 Like

And on a more positive note! The business we’re in always comes back around. When the going get tough the tough get going and make do. Good luck moving forward. :v:

1 Like

What in the world??? Since it’s unclear, may I ask who you are addressing here? The two people speaking of leaving are both valuable and knowledgeable members here.

And to that all I can say is VALUABLE TO WHO?

I wonder what the hell “go rittens” means.

MEGA?