Anyone ever used Thumbtack?

Has anyone ever used Thumbtack to get some basic notary work? If so, what is your experience with this service? Thanks

You will never get enough info to provide a PROFITABLE fee quote. All back & forth goes thru them…with too much left out on all sides. Better off just listing your business on the free sites–yellow pages, yelp, etc. At least with those, you are in direct contact with the signer and can iron out kinks.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the excellent information Arichter! I was curious as I have been receiving a lot of “requests” from them and was considering signing up for the service.

Thumbtack has been a great nuisance.

2 Likes

Don’t waste your time. Don’t waste your money.

Thank you all. I am finding these alerts to be quite annoying.

I’m signed up with them and get an occasional request for quote. It never has worked out though as there’s never enough information in the request and follow-up questions are almost never answered.

Yes, I have used it and it has been horrid. There was a surge of request and I made a few quotes. Once two quotes answered, I was charged. I didn’t receive the jobs and it has been a waste of time. Not worth the clients, the platform shows jobs outside of my service area, and it’s just not for serious general notary clients but bargin shoppers.

Correct, no one here has anything good to say about Thumbtack, they are useless, no help and cheats asking you to pay for absolutely nothing. I am also a Personal Trainer and they reach out to PTs as well and same resutls, NOTHING BUT A WASTE OF YOUR TIME! File them in delete!!

Thank you all for the feedback. I am going to delete my Thumbtack Account.