The NNA is using Your dues money to lobby for RON

Tell the National Notary Association to stop using your dues money to promote and lobby for RON legislation all over the US. Cancel your membership and join us #opposeab199

1 Like

I haven’t had an NNA membership since 2013

1 Like

Sorry, but I’m new to this. What’s RON?

Remote Online Notarization

I am going to stop buying E& OE from NNA.
Already stopped using NNA for certification or bonds or Background Checks. I have posted alternatives for background checks in my other post by crimcheck that is accepted by fidelity.

Companies that still insist on it, I Lobby all the way upto CEO and refuse their business.
Fidelity Insurance now accept crim check & I am a fidelity approved vendor

SoNotaries. Standup for your future work & at same time dont buckle for companies pressure.

We need to
PUT NNA OUT OF BUSINESS & RELEVANCE.
If enough notaries write back saying that they are boycotting the NNA these signing agents and title will wisen up and stop making such demands.

@Matt

Please put alternatives to NNA certifications, bonding , E&OE .

I have been With NNA since 2003. I did get some business from them back then, but not in the past say 13 years. I renewed membership because it was easier since everyone accepted them, Several times over the past years I have asked for some advise with some state issues and about their ads to add to our income, They were of NO HELP and wanted and did blow me off. I am sorry I am paid up on my dues, but will not renew, I am willing and have paid for 3 other background check just so I do not have to use them. I find their supplies are expensive and never would purchase from them.

Their certification to me is a JOKE, To be able to take an exam as many times and as often as you need to in order to pass, you have to at some point pass even by accident. I don’t know if who ever came up with some of the answers has any experience in this business because I would be sitting with closing docs which shows their answers are incorrect. Guess they want the book answers not real answer,

A non-profit company means the company can’t make profits. It does not mean the officers can’t make a great income. The more money they make the more they can justify their incomes. Just my thoughts.

Non Profit Means. DON'T MAKE PROFIT !! 

Staff are mostly volunteers / work part time pro-bono and not rely in lavish salaries. Where did you get the notion that Non Profit staff must be lavish. This is exactly why owning and running a charity is good business, become of what some people like you think. When a giver gives money, they never read the financials and they pay the non profit money to benefit the cause, not the workers. American Redcross 6 & 7 figure salaries deny justice to the donors who will be appalled if they audit this charity. Non Profit is not a Capitalistic venture.

the nna is not a non-profit. it is a private for profit company.