40$ refinance

I’m new in the notary signing agent game, however after learning of all the expenses of printing , traveling and the amount of work we do to make sure everything runs smooth when doing a signing , I am shocked to see these offers!!!
I live in Miami , 40$ REFI signing? :face_with_head_bandage:

They try. It’s up to you to counter or just say no. I do agree that they are nuts.

I get these last minute offers with poor compensation from NOTARYGO.
I heard they have a reputation for that but this is the only place offering anything at all so far.

Since they’re offering low basic fees offer low basic service. For example: like some companies start off with basic service and it’s low fees and as you pay more they increase the amount of service and so on.

I would say, only print 1 set of docs, no scan backs and they will pay for fedex shipping for that low ball fee. And…let’s see what their reply will be. Remember you are a business owner not an employee.

5 Likes

Don’t let it be a “game” melania363! It’s your business. Get your name out there not only to the signing companies but also to the large title companies. With every signing company assignment you accept keep the title company name and contact information. Contact them AFTER you have completed the assignment and let them know you will do signings for them directly for $150.00 (they pay the signing companies far more then that). Join all the notary associations. The 1st year of owning any business is brutal due to operating expenses. I’ve been doing this for 20 years and make a very comfortable living at it.

8 Likes

Be careful about soliciting business with title companies that you serviced through a singing service. Many signing services have non-compete clauses in their vendor agreements.

3 Likes

That is true, bast_john, check the agreement of each of the signing vendors you’ve worked with. I have worked with over 75 different signing vendors in the last 20 years and have a spreadsheet that includes title & lenders. Most non-compete clauses are for two years. If you haven’t worked with a specific signing vender in that time, feel free to contact the title/lenders. Just remember they also work with numerous signing venders as well so be diligent and double check who your signing vendors work with.

1 Like

Melania363: Tell NotaryGo to GO! I have stopped working with signing vendors who low ball the order that usually require the most work. If you can read a Closing Disclosure’s second page you see the settlement fee is around $250. Even the document preparation fee id $85. If you are settling for $40/$50/$75 then the signing service is getting the lion’s share of the fee for only picking up the phone or typing in the assignment offering in a broadcast email. Not a fair trade in my opinion for doing all the work and expense of printing two copies of 100 pages or more. I especially like how I have to QC documents before I print to make sure I have the right docs.

3 Likes

Put NotaryGo emails into the spam folder. If they really need a notary they will call directly (NGo never does, I don’t know how they make a profit) and you can set your own fee.

1 Like

I would say a big hell no 40
After losses your a charity

Not so fast! You and the area you live in are unique, there is hardly anyone that has the exact same variables as you. First, the offers I am getting also say that you have seven days to get the job done AND you can arrange the time with the signer. Two big game changers.

If you are seeing this as a $40 job you have to drive there and back then it is a terrible offer. But if the location is somewhere you pass very close to for other signings then making a slight detour to catch the $40 job on your way home starts to make sense as long as the job is a small one, we are not talking about a refi or purchase here.

I live in a large retirement community and I have done these small jobs when I return from a signing outside of the community, they are not more than 3-4 minutes off the main road and take only a few minutes.

My point is, consider your own circumstances. If you can’t you can’t. I would not take a job for $40 if that is all my trip will pay. But if it is something I can catch along the way to a $150 job then there really is no cost or it is insignificant, I was there anyway.

Think for yourself.

I got a lowball offer from them, but countered and they accepted my price. They paid me pretty quickly, too. I agree with what Arichter said above; it’s up to you to counter. If enough people don’t accept their ridiculous lowball offers, they’ll have to raise their compensation.

That’s NOTARY ABUSE to pay such a low fee ($40) for a signing. I have notaries in Allentown, Lancaster and Pittsburgh Pa who get a minimum of $50 to notarize a POA that takes just a few minutes. In Philadelphia, Pa, Newark and Camden NJ and Brooklyn, NY my notaries get a minimum of $80 for a POA. And they keep 100% of the fee. You can’t make a dime charging $40 for a loan signing. After you figure the cost of travel to and from plus notary expenses you’re probably not making minimum wage. That’s crazy.

While your concept sounds good in theory, what if the $150 cancels (& they do!)? Now you’re stuck with a loss. IMHO, every signing’s fee has to stand on its own. When a ‘combo’ works out, ka-ching! But when they don’t, that lowball co. just became your favorite charity.