A couple questions about becoming a NP and or a NSA?!

Hello I apologize if these questions have already been answered. I checked and didn’t find anything from my quick scan. I was tipped off about becoming a Notary public and or a Notary signing agent by a Notary when i had to get some documents notarized. To become a NSA you need to be a NP first, correct? Then after that you can become a NSA? Do you need to complete a course and certification for both of these?
I am located in Vancouver/Portland area of the US.
I was looking into the Notarty2Pro course by Carol. Would anyone recommend this course to become a NSA?
Sorry for all the questions and thanks for the help!

Answers: Yes, Yes, No, but highly advisable. Very highly recommended course.
Yes, asked and answered many times.
Opinion: Before taking the plunge, check (123notary.com , signing agent.com) how many experienced notaries are already in the area you wish to service as too many tends to drive fee offered way down; figure out what YOUR costs are for equipment, supplies needed, travel to/back from every zip; and, most important do a LOT of research first. Start by reading every post here and any other forum you can find to get an idea of the trends, issues and newbie questions. Don’t jump in blind like way too many do & discover they can’t make a livable income.
This should take you all day, at the very least.

1 Like

Check out my YouTube Channel! I’ve got LOTS of videos for new and aspiring signing agents!

Signing Agent Basics - YouTube

Start with my very first video - How to Become a Loan Signing Agent - and then watch the rest. I answer the questions that get answered over and over by new signing agents! :wink:

2 Likes