ALERT: MV Realty => Would you take this assignment?

I had one and I refused it. Real estate agent was upset with me. But I knew from the beginning that this wrong to do.

Agents working for this agency have set a new standard in being rude to signing agents. Thank you.

I totally agree:) Best for you.

I’ve been turning these down left and right. A lot of times I hear they are getting canceled. If I were the notary in this lawsuit, I’d go after the signing service. Maybe then they’ll stop offering these unethical offers.

Did you get paid cause you did your part?

I actually did. The whole $40. I didn’t question it

That’s good to hear. I’ve read where other notaries counter offered for much higher and got it. I wonder if they got paid when the signer cancelled those appointments?

1 Like

Of course I wouldn’t, KNOWING THOSE FACTS! But I probably wouldn’t have known those facts had I not read them here. My job is to identify the signer(s) via “satisfactory evidence.” Having done my job, I can’t imagine why I would be part of a lawsuit, although anyone can sue anyone for anything at any time. Thanks for the heads-up on this co.

just google MVrealty action 9 and you will get your answer.

When I was new I accepted a few of these as well as debt consolidations, but I didn’t like it. Unlike real estate signings, which for the most part are happy occasions, these type of signings are geared toward poor, desperate people. I found it sad, and didn’t want to be apart of it.

Thank you for the suggestion. Best.

No!!! I did a couple of these notaries not knowing at the time and then as a realtor I joined the company but once as I was going through the training for the program my conscience could not justify the terms so I decided not to do that

The story of the woman who complained to the media about this last year is here. Please read the entire article including the company’s response to get a picture of whether this is a fair deal. Action 9 investigates realtor offer for homeowners – WFTV

2 Likes

I did one for $150, not far from my home and brought my husband as my witness. Shady much? Yes. But I asked the guy if he read and understood it would be a lien on his house, and generally stated it’s always a good idea to get a legal opinion before signing any legal document. He insisted he had wasn’t going to sell - and that question is asked on the form, whether they presently have an interest in selling- but he said he really needed the money. Anyway not my place to judge - he’s a grown man that made his own decision. I did the job I was hired to do and also went beyond to satisfy myself he knew what he was doing. Period.

2 Likes

@parahart sadly apparently he DIDN’T know what he was signing
because that agreement rolls over after death to heirs and/or beneficiaries. It stays with the property even after death
which I believe is the issue in one of the lawsuits.q

Well
he knew what he was signing at the time but didn’t know the full ramifications of it. So sad

1 Like

You can google MV realty channel 9 news and see everything you need to know about this.

Sometimes the issue is that the notary instructions do not comply with state SOS laws, because the client is not paying attention (or cares) on the location of the NSA (especially with national SS companies) being assigned the job. Notaries have to go back to the basics and realize their states SOS override ANY instructions from the client, especially if they conflict!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.