Americas Notary Pro / BEWARE

I know now that they have several warnings of non-payment from this company and I must add to this list. They are already over 90 days late in payment. I have sent them numerous emails and reminders of my invoices and got no response till I added the title company, lender and client to the email thread. I then finally get a response that the checks will be mailed to me. It has now been over 16 days since that conversation. Now I have been ghosted AGAIN!

3 Likes

As of January 1, 2023 ANP can no longer conduct business in Texas.

1 Like

They are still conducting business did two signings for them 6/10 & 7/14 still waiting for the check. On 9/13 I emailed the Title Co., SOS, and Fidelity Compliance. On 915 he said the check would be mailed on Monday 9/18 still waiting. I now have his Name, SSN, SOS File #. I will wait a little longer before going back to the Texas SOS and Franchise Tax and Fidelity but be assured I will not stop until he pays or goes Bankrupt.
ā€¦

1 Like

Why not report them to the Attorney Generalā€™s office in Texas?

1 Like

For small players the Texas AG isnā€™t going to pickup charges. Theyā€™ll say its a civil matter not criminal, advising you to hire an attorney and file suit against them. What it comes down to, what I believe is a LLC thatā€™s functionally bankrupt. Having no money thereā€™s nothing to collect. Depending on how the LLC is setup you may not be able to suit the ā€˜ownersā€™.

Iā€™ll offer this advice to my colleagues, I understand the anger when a vendor you trusted didnā€™t pay for the services youā€™ve provided. Iā€™m there with several SS who are no longer in business. Thereā€™s a point when attempting to collect becomes a fools errand. Iā€™ll suggest that the NSA make a concerted effort, certified letters, phone calls, emails, etcā€¦ Once all practical attempts have been made itā€™s now a write down on your income and can be deducted from your taxes as a bad debt. Youā€™ll still loose out on income, but this is the best of a bad situation.

I have a similar experience with ANP. According to them, my check has been ā€œin the mailā€ since last Monday, I should have known better not to accept a signing from them, but decided to take my chances. My plan is to continue to hound them for my payment and make other notaries aware of their non-paying ways.

Just to follow up received the check 0n 9/23/23

2 Likes

I did a signing for them 8/11/23. Iā€™ve sent countless emails and emailed Stewart Title. Still nothing. I have several uncollected signings totaling about $400. Iā€™m not rich and do this part time because my ft job doesnā€™t pay enough. This is infuriating!!

@leslielewis40 Here is a direct Notary Cafe url to a very helpful Step-by-Step Guide for Collection of non-payment on invoices:

:swan:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.