WARNING: AOE Signings, LLC, Tempe, AZ, D Will Torres/CEO => (formerly “Never Sleep Notary” that's now out of business)

I found out because he told me, and sent me an email in which all the deposits he made had holds put on them. Will try and copy/paste here. Essentially he won’t pay until he has money to pay, even for orders completed months ago and for which he was SURELY paid months ago. Now he’s saying he will pay me this Friday. I’ll believe it when I see it–and the check clears.

"Please see below screenshot from our Bank of America bill pay. They placed a hold on over 60 checks. Once on the 23rd another on the 1st of March, as I stated previously when your check was cut, they placed a hold that day.

I cannot control the guidelines of BofA but I will add a $25.00 late fee and it will be issued Friday."

Wow!! I wonder why the hold on all of his deposits?!? He may have had some fraudulent activity on his account. I’m happy he is agreeing to pay you by Friday and also adding a late fee, which is fair. Please keep me posted on whether or not you get the check and if it clears once you receive it. I’ll be keeping a close eye on this one . . . I appreciate the update very much!

Paying for signings completed in late December with funds deposited from his clients two months later? Where I come from, that’s called a Ponzi scheme. He may claim he’s going to pay me this Friday, but not once ounce of my being believes that, nor will I until I get the check and it clears.

I got a generic email yesterday, appears to be from some payment service, that my check was cut and I should receive it by end of next week. Shows as being $25 more than the original amount, so he may have kept to his word. I will believe it when I see it of course, as well as the check having cleared.

Nearly 90 days to get paid. I will never take this guy’s orders again, though it’s likely I’m not on his preferred notary list, either!

2 Likes

I just accepted a signing from them and now wondering if i should give it back. Did you ever get paid for this signing?

He went out of business under “Never Sleep Notary” and then came back under this new name.

No, I have not. Last I heard was the email that said the check was cut and I should have it by 3/16. Nope, didn’t happen. Since it’s supposedly coming by mail, I will give it a day or two more.

He claims 45–60 day payment terms. Don’t believe it. He’ll pay off old jobs with money coming in from new jobs–a surefire way to go out of business and leave others holding the bag.

Thank you I’m going to turn them down.

2 Likes

I will pretend to be naive: This sounds like, “rob Peter to pay Paul” to me…….

1 Like

“My bank put a hold on deposits I made, so your payment was cancelled.”

Most original excuse I have heard yet about why someone doesn’t pay on time.

Look at this!!!..……

I know right….:triumph: That is a first….

Doesn’t anybody check out a signing service before they actually do the job? Maybe I’m just very fortunate, but I have not yet been stiffed on a payment (well, $50 on a $100 job for Bilingual Brothers Notary). I’ve managed to collect on everything so, good for me. But I do check out everything I can on every SS or other entity that send me work. I know that won’t always work, but I try my best. And, I avoid last minute, slam-jam-thank-you-ma’am jobs from SS I don’t know because I will probably not get paid. Why would they pay me when they know they can get away without doing so? Food for thought.

1 Like

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. I just had a funny feeling about this one after I pulled up the order and noticed that there was no payment terms. I sent an email requesting the information and no response.

I called and after hearing the voicemail message it only confirmed that this SS is a one man operation using his cell phone for business. On top of that it was a Saturday appointment and no notary support line. All arrows point to a no on this one and I left a message and email requesting it to be reassigned.

I’m not feeling well either so I have decided to take a break for a few days to handle some personal things.

I would never encourage anyone not to take an order from a signing service, of course. But I can speak to my experience with this guy, whoever he is, and again today, no check— that was supposed to be here yesterday. Mailman has come and gone.

6 years in this biz, only stiffed once, for $50. It’s really not that big of a problem.

He has not responded to my request to be reassigned or returned my phone calls or my emails. Tomorrow if he does not respond I am going to reach out to the lender. I am feeling better and better about saying no to this assignment.

1 Like

So I am at a crossroads… I left the loan officer a voicemail as the closing is scheduled for tomorrow at 10:00 am and dude has not responded to any of my messages. Should I disclose the real reason I am turning down the assignment or should I hide the true reason and keep it professional. (Lie).

Perhaps lender/title are not aware of issues with this vendor. They might like to know of problems so they can take corrective action.

2 Likes

So should I disclose the real reason will it come back to bite me in the you know what?